Rider swap question

meghannnmouse

Earning My Ears
My family of 4 is going to Disney in feb. kids 6 & 2.5. Right now my husband myself and I all have fp for FOP but my youngest doesn’t need a fp plus he doesn’t make the height requirement. My question is if I change my fp to something else to ride with him while my husband and oldest go on fop will I still be able to do rider swap? Or would I need to keep my fp as well. Thanks!!!

I believe we were able to do the rider swap. Some cast members ask to see me and my son when my husband was getting the rider swap but not all the time.

That’s what we did a couple weeks ago. My husband had a FP for FOP and me daughter and I had a NRJ FP. We went to the cast member at FOP, she scanned my band and then DH continued into the line. We then rode NRJ and met back up at the gift shop outside FOP about 20 minutes later. Then I rode FOP while my husband and daughter looked around the gift shop and got a snack.

We are a family of 5. 2 adults and 9, 8, 2 y.o. kids. I booked 4 FPs for soarin. Can I change that to 3 fp (dh/9/8) and get 1 fp for me for the frozen ride? Since we won't be able to ride soarin together anyways i can take my 2 yr old to the frozen while the 3 go to soarin. Can we use rider switch so I can go on soarin and my older 2 ride again?

Yes we just got back and this is how it worked for us. I booked myself on a ride with our son and was able to ride via rider swap once they finished. They assigned a return time for me and my sister that was 30 minutes after they walked in. In this scenario my sister was able to ride twice, once with my husband and once with me. You will have to be there to have your magic band scanned to add the fast pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!