Rider Switch changing (Started June 16th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, they can just eat off your plate. Most restaurants were super nice last trip and gave my DD2 (2) a kids meal. It worked out great at places we went that weren't buffet (Trattoria al Forno breakfast, Mama Melrose, and Tony's. Only one who didn't was T-Rex).

Under 3 absolutely is free.

Yeah, often at TS, both a few years ago at WDW and over the past 13 years at DL, we have been given something extra for the toddler. Often it is a small plate of pasta or something like that. We got cute Mickey ravioli at WDW last trip for the 2 year old at one TS, I can't remember which. She was in heaven!

Yeah, often at TS, both a few years ago at WDW and over the past 13 years at DL, we have been given something extra for the toddler. Often it is a small plate of pasta or something like that. We got cute Mickey ravioli at WDW last trip for the 2 year old at one TS, I can't remember which. She was in heaven!

I know at Cinderella's Royal Table they have something they give to the under 3s for free. We've only done breakfast there and it was a smaller portion of the French toast Sticks that my kids that were under 3 got

This is the bad Disney fan in me because we dont have kids yet but kids under 3 eating free at buffets is great. What about at regular table service, can they just eat off the parents plates.

Park entry under 3 is free too isn’t it?

Yes. Under 3 can eat off anyones plate or you can order them something at TS, but no reason to. We found that getting chicken strips for my 6 year old, there was enough for the 2 year old. At Biergarten, he did not eat a thing! He was way too busy dancing. I seriously have no idea what my child was running on that trip, he barely ate. It's going to sting like crazy when I have to start paying for him. But next year when he is 3, we won't be doing DDP or a whole lot of eating out, we will cook more at the room. Although, DDP is a super good value with kids. We are doing 2 TS a day and it more than pays for the entire thing right there.

Disney is a theme park based on fairy tales and cartoon characters, children’s things, whether adults enjoy them or not. There’s no way around that regardless of marketing.
Magic Kingdom is a theme park based on fairy tales.

Epcot certainly isn't. Animal Kingdom? Not so much. And maybe about half of Hollywood Studios.

I don't have a problem with rider switch. As it was intended. I do have a problem with those families that figure they deserve whatever they can get away with regardless of the rules, because, well, they have a toddler. I'll trade you my disability for a toddler any day.

Magic Kingdom is a theme park based on fairy tales.

Epcot certainly isn't. Animal Kingdom? Not so much. And maybe about half of Hollywood Studios.

I don't have a problem with rider switch. As it was intended. I do have a problem with those families that figure they deserve whatever they can get away with regardless of the rules, because, well, they have a toddler. I'll trade you my disability for a toddler any day.

90% of what’s being talked about in here was not and is currently not against any rules.

Breaking the rules would be something like putting a doll in a stroller and pretending it’s a sleeping baby to get rider switch passes. Splitting your FP in any way and accumulating switch passes was not against the rules in the former system, and it remains to be seen what happens with this digital form when it comes to the splitting.

There are parks that are more geared towards adult demographics, perhaps you should try them out. Although, just a warning, they will have rider swap too. I don't understand people that go to Disney World, then complain about kids and strollers. It's like going to Cedar Point and complaining that all the roller coasters are loud.

Who was complaining about kids and strollers?! Or RS, for that matter?! My point, which seems to have been lost on misinterpretations and assumptions - is that I find it outrageous that individuals would get angry over changes to RS. Disney doesn’t HAVE to offer it, that is my point. For individuals who have small children to think that because RS has been offered and is now being changed - and now is not so convenient for them - that it is wrong... that is the very definition of entitlement.

Disney is a theme park based on fairy tales and cartoon characters, children’s things, whether adults enjoy them or not. There’s no way around that regardless of marketing.

There is no way around...? No way for adults to either be gracious about the rider swap program or wait to go to the parks until everyone can ride ?

Who was complaining about kids and strollers?! Or RS, for that matter?! My point, which seems to have been lost on misinterpretations and assumptions - is that I find it outrageous that individuals would get angry over changes to RS. Disney doesn’t HAVE to offer it, that is my point. For individuals who have small children to think that because RS has been offered and is now being changed - and now is not so convenient for them - that it is wrong... that is the very definition of entitlement.

Is that the very definition of entitlement? I'm thinking a google search will help you out there....

That's like saying anytime a company changes something and you get upset about it for any reason, then you are acting entitled....

Also, is there really something wrong with paying for a service/product and feeling "entitled" to receive what you paid for, or what you perceive is a good value for your money? I don't get why the word entitlement gets thrown out there like this all the time, in such a negative fashion.

Yes, if you purchase a product/service, you are 100% entitled to the rights associated with that transaction. You are 100% entitled to voice your opinion on said purchase if what is being offered differs or changes the value of that transaction in any way.....

Is that the very definition of entitlement? I'm thinking a google search will help you out there....

That's like saying anytime a company changes something and you get upset about it for any reason, then you are acting entitled....

Also, is there really something wrong with paying for a service/product and feeling "entitled" to receive what you paid for, or what you perceive is a good value for your money? I don't get why the word entitlement gets thrown out there like this all the time, in such a negative fashion.

Yes, if you purchase a product/service, you are 100% entitled to the rights associated with that transaction. You are 100% entitled to voice your opinion on said purchase if what is being offered differs or changes the value of that transaction in any way.....

Yes, it is. I was accurate. Perhaps you ought to do your own search there...

Entitlement : the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

There is nothing wrong with feeling you are entitled to what you have paid for. Paid for. No one is paying for RS. To that end, those with little children are not paying more than those with older children, so to feel as though they may be deserving more simply because they have small children... those individuals have a large sense of entitlement - thinking they are deserving of privileges or special treatment (see definition above).

Yes, it is. I was accurate. Perhaps you ought to do your own search there...

Entitlement : the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

There is nothing wrong with feeling you are entitled to what you have paid for. Paid for. No one is paying for RS. To that end, those with little children are not paying more than those with older children, so to feel as though they may be deserving more simply because they have small children... those individuals have a large sense of entitlement - thinking they are deserving of privileges or special treatment (see definition above).

Are you believing that you are inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment if you've paid for a trip under the rules and the rules have changed since making the purchase?

No one pays for FP technically either. So if your MDE doesn't work and you can't use any FP, and you voice a complaint, are you acting entitled?

Are you believing that you are inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment if you've paid for a trip under the rules and the rules have changed since making the purchase?

No one pays for FP technically either. So if your MDE doesn't work and you can't use any FP, and you voice a complaint, are you acting entitled?

No.

I believe I am entitled to what I have paid for, not perks. My entry to the parks, based upon my ticket purchased. That’s what I expect.

No.

I believe I am entitled to what I have paid for, not perks. My entry to the parks, based upon my ticket purchased. That’s what I expect.

Different strokes...

I feel entitled to FP when I go.

I also feel entitled to a certain number of rides, barring weather interference.

It's why I've agreed to pay what I pay to enter.

You are happy to just hand over the money, get a ticket, walk in, and call it good.

I'm sure they'd love 100 million more like you!

Different strokes...

I feel entitled to FP when I go.

I also feel entitled to a certain number of rides, barring weather interference.

It's why I've agreed to pay what I pay to enter.

You are happy to just hand over the money, get a ticket, walk in, and call it good.

I'm sure they'd love 100 million more like you!

Well said.

Look, I don’t begrudge anyone’s sense of entitlement, per se... and I can understand that feeling given the escalating costs associated with WDW. I just think it’s selfish when that sense of entitlement encroaches on others’ - meaning when someone feels they are more deserving of perks over others - when they haven’t paid anything extra.

What you feel entitled to is what, I’m sure, you feel anyone would be entitled to. Your example isn’t providing an exclusionary filter.

I’m an early day cast member. I started at Small World in 1976, worked in Transportation, Guest Relations and Marketing until 1996. Boy how things have changed. Still live in Orlando but don’t go to the parks. It’s way too crowded for me.
Could someone please explain to me how RS has changed. From reading this very long thread it seams that you can ride one ride and get a RS and use it on another?? If so how/why is this possible??
If true no wonder people are abusing the RS.

I’m an early day cast member. I started at Small World in 1976, worked in Transportation, Guest Relations and Marketing until 1996. Boy how things have changed. Still live in Orlando but don’t go to the parks. It’s way too crowded for me.
Could someone please explain to me how RS has changed. From reading this very long thread it seams that you can ride one ride and get a RS and use it on another?? If so how/why is this possible??
If true no wonder people are abusing the RS.

No you’re misunderstanding, that was never and is not how it works.

Up until this point, a group with at least 2 adults and 1 too short child approaches a line of a height restricted attraction together. They ask for a swap pass. CM at entrance gives a lanyard to be exchanged with CM later in the line for a pass similar to the old FP. Kid and non riding adult go do whatever, riding adult waits in either FP line or stand by and rides. The pass then allows up to 3 people to ride through the FP line again, with certain passes expiring at the end of the day, others at the end of the month.

In order to use the FP line to get the initial swap pass, practice in the parks up until very recently (and possibly still) was to only require the initial riders to hold a FP, allowing the remaining riders to FP something else in the meantime or use it somewhere later. This was a point of contention in this thread, as some don’t believe people should be using the extra FP at other attractions period, and some don’t believe they should be using these at other headliners where the family will receive another swap pass.

The digital system is rumoured to be placing a window on the time the pass can be used (an hour-ish) and requiring the entire party to hold a FP in order to receive a swap. It remains to be seen what actually is happening, especially with the FP.

Clear as mud? I think I got most of it.

No you’re misunderstanding, that was never and is not how it works.

Up until this point, a group with at least 2 adults and 1 too short child approaches a line of a height restricted attraction together. They ask for a swap pass. CM at entrance gives a lanyard to be exchanged with CM later in the line for a pass similar to the old FP. Kid and non riding adult go do whatever, riding adult waits in either FP line or stand by and rides. The pass then allows up to 3 people to ride through the FP line again, with certain passes expiring at the end of the day, others at the end of the month.

In order to use the FP line to get the initial swap pass, practice in the parks up until very recently (and possibly still) was to only require the initial riders to hold a FP, allowing the remaining riders to FP something else in the meantime or use it somewhere later. This was a point of contention in this thread, as some don’t believe people should be using the extra FP at other attractions period, and some don’t believe they should be using these at other headliners where the family will receive another swap pass.

The digital system is rumoured to be placing a window on the time the pass can be used (an hour-ish) and requiring the entire party to hold a FP in order to receive a swap. It remains to be seen what actually is happening, especially with the FP.

Clear as mud? I think I got most of it.
So when someone returns with. RS they go through the SB line? Hopefully shorter than the FP line? But can ride with their whole party?
I can understand why it was set up this way but unfortunately small groups of people find a way to abuse the system

So when someone returns with. RS they go through the SB line? Hopefully shorter than the FP line? But can ride with their whole party?
I can understand why it was set up this way but unfortunately small groups of people find a way to abuse the system

When you return you go through the FP line. So either both groups go through the FP line if you initially used FP, or the first group goes through standby and the second goes through FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!