Rider Switch for 3 adults and 1 toddler

Korben

Earning My Ears
I'm planning for a trip that we will hopefully take late next year, assuming the world is no longer on fire. It'll be the first family trip that I've planned and the first time that I'll need to take Rider Switch into consideration. I've read several threads on it, but I haven't seen anything that is clearly the same situation that I'm looking at so I figured I'd make my own thread.

I'm planning this trip for myself, my mom, my sister, and my nephew, who will be 2 years old at the time of the trip. I don't want anyone to have to go on rides alone, so I'm wondering if one of the adults will be able to ride twice. For example, if we all have Fastpasses for Splash Mountain, would I be able to ride in Group 1 with my mom, then ride again through Rider Switch with my sister in Group 2?

I did see this on the official Disney site:
If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring up to 2 other Guests back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 3 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.
This seems to indicate that I could ride with each of them, but I'm wondering if that actually works in practice or if I'm misunderstanding it.

You have 3 riders (A, B and C) and one non rider (D).

Let's say A and B ride the ride first, and C is the non rider. C can choose either A or B as someone has to stay with D.

You have 3 riders (A, B and C) and one non rider (D).

Let's say A and B ride the ride first, and C is the non rider. C can choose either A or B as someone has to stay with D.
Thanks for the response! I’m happy to see that none of us will have to ride alone. While I’ve gone on a couple solo trips myself, this will be my mom’s and sister’s first time back since 2001, as well as being my nephew’s first trip and possibly my mom’s last trip. I still have a long way to go before it happens, but I’m really trying to make it as special as I can and every bit of info helps to bring the plan together.

Ride swap still works the same way as before the parks closed down. We just recently returned from a trip, and used it in numerous parks. Upon arriving to the entrance of ride, a cast member will scan the magic band/park pass of the person staying with the child (person #4) and then 2 additional riders (#2 & 3). Then those 2 additional riders and rider #1 will ride. When finished, swap kiddo, and then riders 2, 3, &4 return to the FastPass line to scan magic bands/pass and ride the ride with even more minimal wait than the regular line (if that’s even possible right now 😉).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter