Rides to avoid with a fused spine?

ari23

Mouseketeer
My DD15 has a fused spine. We are going to universal in June for 3 days. I was wondering what rides we should avoid? We have been before, it was 6 months after her surgery so we are not sure what would be okay for her now. She’s three years post op; however, she still is in pain quite frequently.

What restrictions has her doctor given her?

Since you have been to the parks before, you know about the rides

New rides since you were last there , you can get an idea about them on the uo website

Wish you the best and a fun time in the parks !

I have a fused spine in my neck. I have no problem riding rollercoasters. But I also have no pain from my fused spine.

My daughter is also fused from T2-L3 from scoliosis. Her surgeon said she could ride any roller coaster 1 year after surgery. She rode every ride at Universal with no problem.

What works for one person with coasters may not work for your daughter.

Speak to her doctor, especially as she still has pain!!

My DD15 has a fused spine. We are going to universal in June for 3 days. I was wondering what rides we should avoid? We have been before, it was 6 months after her surgery so we are not sure what would be okay for her now. She’s three years post op; however, she still is in pain quite frequently.

Oh my, so young for a fused spine! I have issues with my back, it can be challenging at times.

Nobody should deal with on—going back pain, especially a child. While i’m Sure you’re on top of things, to alleviate your concerns & take the pressure off ‘being the bad guy’, I suggest you set up an appointment with whatever medical provider is managing her car & have things reviewed. raise specific questions as to recommended activities as they pertain to amusement parks. I was given specifics as to what sort of things to avoid by surgeon & PT folks.

Against medical advice, I hold my breath & pick and choose carefully which rides I’m going to ‘brave’. Since she is a minor, it’s important you make these sorts of decisions for her. Good luck.

i dont have a fused spine but i dislike how jerky the Mummy ride is. And it stops very abruptly at the end....which i hate!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts