Rip Rocket-trying to overcome my fear!

Oh wait. Pteranodon Flyers is the worst. I did nothing on that ride but imagine falling to our deaths while on that long slow awful ride. I’m so glad my son grew so fast. :)

Bwa hahahhahahahhahhahaha.

I am NOT a coaster person. I clearly remember being at Mall of America in what was then camp snoopy and hearing my then 2 year old squeal. I look over and her father had taken her on the Log Ride of Death and she was sitting in front with her hands up in the air squealing with joy. Flash forward she's now 12 and LOVES to go to our local amusement park. Everyone knows I just stand there while they ride.

I watched the POV video for RRR, and gasped at the initial drop. oh heck no, but for those of you (like my kid) who love it and find it fun I say go for it.

That being said, the Pteranodon Flyers looks like fun to me, slow, gentle no drops and a nice swinging ride. We have a gondola style ride at our zoo that is similar. I suspect it would also drive you insane.

Rip Ride Rock-It is a great coaster. It is very fast, but as has been covered, does not actually go upside-down. If it did, it would need shoulder restraints. Just focus on your music selection and try not to think about the ride. Once it starts, it will be over before you know it. Give it a shot and have fun!

Not true! Check out the new Steel Vengeance coaster at Cedar Point. No shoulder restraints! (and 4 inversions)

I have a different opinion of most here. First of all I love it. Second, my wife hates it. But she LOVES the hulk. The issue with her here is the type of restraint. She knows that realistically she isn't going anywhere. They wouldn't let this coaster operate if people were flying out of it. BUT, there is one moment that no matter what she tells herself, she's convinced she's dead. That moment is not the climb or the drop, it's the loop right after the drop. What happens that is unique, is that as you approach the top of the loop (halfway point) the track rotates 180 degrees so you are now on the outside edge of the loop right side up on top, rather than upside down on the inside. If you stay on the inside of a loop the g forces push you into your seat. However with this twist the opposite happens and you will feel this lift out of the seat and it is the restraint that is keeping you in the seat, not the g-force created by the ride. It's a little un-nerving, and I will say that even though I have ridden it over 10 times, that is the only part where I have trouble keeping my hands in the air!

You DO NOT go upside down.

Important point here: the ride does a few twists, but does not go upside down at any point in the trip. And keep your eyes open and lean into the curves with your head - that will prevent bouncing your head side to side.

I agree with others - the worst part is the rise to the top of the first drop. After that, a great ride!

I love coasters and was very scared of this one. I vowed to overcome though and it was just fine. You're right, the going up part was the worst and I'm a small person so the restraints not really being tight on me freaked me out. When going up, I could feel myself sliding up the chair so I bent my knees as much as I could to keep myself from sliding up.

Back in 2012, my father coaxed me on the Hulk coaster by telling me he would not talk about moving to Costa Rica anymore if I would ride this with him. (I didn't want to move to Costa Rica as there's no Disney parks there.) I found out that "scary" rides aren't necessarily scary, and have ridden many coasters and thrill rides since then that I wouldn't have tackled before. However, I am still afraid to go on RRR due to that straight up climb and nearly straight down hill that begins it. Reading these comments makes me think that avoiding it is something I should continue to do. Sometimes I think I could handle anything on a ride as long as I feel secure. But some posters are saying you don't feel secure on this ride.

I also don't feel secure on Astro Orbiter out at Magic Kingdom. I won't go on that again (hopefully). Even though it's just a spinner ride like Dumbo but set up higher, I find it scarier than any of the coasters I have been on.

I love coasters but I am not a fan of this one. I hate the seats. They are so uncomfortable. We got off the ride and felt like we were in a car accident! It was way too jerky for me and my husband.

I go on everything but I swear I'll never get on this one again... I spent the entire ride promising every deity I could think of my first born... I survived but don't have kids so I'm not willing to risk it again! LOL

I go on everything but I swear I'll never get on this one again... I spent the entire ride promising every deity I could think of my first born... I survived but don't have kids so I'm not willing to risk it again! LOL

Lol......my best friend said exactly the same thing! She prayed all the way around and vowed never to do it again........

But, least you tried it..........:thumbsup2

Rip It does go upside down, which is the difference from the previous roller coasters you have stated that you have no issues. You will be fine. You got this! However, I just did want to be honest and let you that small difference between this coaster and the others.

Drop seems dramatic, but as someone who loves coasters, but has issues with drops, I survived. If I did, you can too!

You actually don't go upside down. The track twists so that you are always upright.

We did it once. I was with my youngest DS and he was adamant we were going on it. We as in he and either his brother, my wife or myself. He was 11. You can't bring anything with you on the ride and that included hats and glasses. Wait, I'm blind, I need my glasses. We inched our way up front and got in our seats. Oops, can't read the music selection. He's now of no help because he doesn't know what I want to listen to. Somehow in a nanosecond my blurred vision caught what looked like Finger 11 Paralizer and I selected it. Funny thing is unless you have very poor vision you wouldn't get this but pressing what I pressed could have been a few songs up or down LOL. Anyways we only went on it once and for the same reason others are saying, you really get bounced around. Once was enough. Loved it. We are going back on it next month. This time I'm going to look at the song selection before we go.

We did it once. I was with my youngest DS and he was adamant we were going on it. We as in he and either his brother, my wife or myself. He was 11. You can't bring anything with you on the ride and that included hats and glasses. Wait, I'm blind, I need my glasses. We inched our way up front and got in our seats. Oops, can't read the music selection. He's now of no help because he doesn't know what I want to listen to. Somehow in a nanosecond my blurred vision caught what looked like Finger 11 Paralizer and I selected it. Funny thing is unless you have very poor vision you wouldn't get this but pressing what I pressed could have been a few songs up or down LOL. Anyways we only went on it once and for the same reason others are saying, you really get bounced around. Once was enough. Loved it. We are going back on it next month. This time I'm going to look at the song selection before we go.

My husband and son both wear glasses and have never taken them off for this ride or any other.

So you can keep glasses on :thumbsup2

I hear you on the song choices.......first time I went on I was terrified and quite panicked.....dh was trying to help me by telling me to choose some music!! I wanted to get off not choose music! So in my panic I chose the Beastie Boys.........can’t abide them!!

But, loved the ride and went straight back on........now it’s Gloria Gaynor ever time........:D

I'm short, and my head gets knocked around a bit if I don't force it back in the seat causing a headache. Otherwise I love this ride!
My 11 year old rode it twice in a row.

I love this coaster. And if you can handle Dr Doom this will be a breeeeeeze.

1. Youtube it and see Kevin Hard and Jimmy Fallon riding.

2. If all these little kids can go, so can YOU!

3. Afterwards you will be so PUMPED UP

4. It will give you a great sense of accomplishment, each time you see it. Because you overcame your fears!

Not true! Check out the new Steel Vengeance coaster at Cedar Point. No shoulder restraints! (and 4 inversions)

Very true. Most of the crazy coasters just have a lap bar now a days. Its all about the illusion of possibly flying out that coaster enthusiasts love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter