Rise of Resistance line method poll

Preferred system for Rise of the Resistance?

• Current Standby System

Votes: 185 46.5%
  • FP+ system (expect FPs gone at 67 days and 5+ hour standby)

Votes: 98 24.6%
  • Standby only (expect 3+ hour average wait)

Votes: 22 5.5%
  • Boarding pass lottery distributed evening before (requiring 2 day DHS commitment)

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Pre-selling boarding passes, $50 per pass plus ticket required

Votes: 21 5.3%
  • Obtaining boarding pass when booking trip (encouraging booking way in advance)

Votes: 59 14.8%

• Total voters
I see. I didn't understand what you meant--or, apologies, didn't read closely enough.
Well, yes, it'd certainly be a moneymaker for WDW, but would it reduce the crowds? Hard to say, since, for example, AH events haven't done anything to alleviate crowding, although I realize that's not really comparable. And for sure the CL FP+ 90-day program hasn't alleviated crowds or FP+-getting either.

The real answer is that WDW needs to build at least 3 other attractions that are as amazing as RotR. That would really help things. I think. Either that or it'd create madness at 4 rides instead of just 1!

I don't think AH events were created to alleviate crowding. They are there to make WDW more profit. Charging extra for park hours that previously used to be park hours they would offer to everyone as EMH. Thereby shortening total park hours for all non AH participants. Not to mention the effects of all the parties.

you underestimate people's willingness to wait. It would def be 5+ hrs
That's kinda exactly my point. Many will wait 5 hours, but MANY won't. If guests walk into the park and see that the line is 5 hours long, a good amount of them will say "no way" and not wait. And they certainly wouldn't do it multiple times per week. Hence, reducing demand.

The amount of people that are currently crushed into HS each morning to get a boarding pass is likely about 10-12 hours worth of a line. Give them a crazy long line to wait in instead and half of them would leave.

But, Disney likely won't change it. Guests who leave don't stay and spend money...

Some of these suggestions are so funny. So often it boils down to “make it near effortless for people like me to ride, and scraps to everyone else” 😂.

I hope they funnel all the time and money into keeping the attraction running as efficiently as they can, running the park long enough for the crowd levels (a girl can dream), and nearly all the BG issues will work themselves out when that happens.

They could, but this would make for a lot of unhappy customers. Like anyone with an AP, for example, who wouldn't need a ticket, which is part of a package.
And also DVC members. I'm coming down during Spring Break using my points and I bought tickets. No package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!