READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
practiced this morning also, join boarding group for me was not live at 8:00, seems I would have gotten it, since I didnt get the "backup boarding group message" when it did go live...

I have to say, we consider ourselves WDW pros... countless trips throughout childhood and adulthood. Can navigate the parks with our eyes closed and know all the "secrets" and know how to work the FP system like no other...

THIS HAS ME COMPLETELY STRESSED OUT
We are there next week... badly (not on purpose) timed with the opening of the new mickey ride... husband doesn't think that will hurt but I do think it will increase crowds to HS
If you have time to practice from home then you could try the "count to 3" method after your cellphone hits 8:00am EST. I have been able to get a boarding group on the first try every time since I started to wait a few seconds. Before that I was trying a second before or exactly when the clock hit 8am and that wasn't working. You can play with the wait time, too, and see what it takes to get the join boarding group button. Once you can it on the first try by waiting a couple seconds you will feel more confident. :)

We head out for our trip this Thursday. Will be in HS on March 3rd. Got my fingers crossed.
Us too...we're at DHS a week from today and then for a second visit F 3/6...hoping for ROTR on Tues and rope dropping MMRR on Fri
Good luck to us both as I'll be there 3/3 as well!
We will be at DHS next week, too, on March 3rd, 4th and 6th. We happened to get fps for MMRR on opening day, otherwise we wouldn't be going there March 4th. I think it will be crowded and I think boarding groups will go fast. :(

Warning... do not press “find out more” at 7:59:59:59. (Or whatever the milliseconds before 8 am Is)

Practice from home was terrible. I got trigger happy watching the seconds and accidentally pushed find out more just as it was turning to 8 am. Got stuck in some kind of loop... no backing out going back in would make anything come “live”. Finally had to shut the whole app down and restart. It is still glitched and frozen on the home page. The app won’t work. Had I been in the park today I would not get a BG. So angry that there is so many problems with the app and I don’t know from day to day whether the app will work as it is designed to do.

Now 6 mins later and the third reboot of the app. It works and told me all BG are gone for the day.
I think this counting is really critical - I hit "find out more" as soon as my clock turned 8:00:00 because I knew BG were going so fast that seconds mattered, and based on other reports in this thread, I think it's what ultimately caused my app to glitch so badly I missed the whole thing. Or as my husband says, "you were actually TOO fast."
Practicing at home I waited until time.gov showed 3 seconds past 8:00 to hit "Find Out More", and it worked perfectly.
This is me exactly. If people are getting it faster it must be because of fewer seconds for screens to load.

Today for a slight change of pace I tried waiting 5 seconds before hitting Find Out More. The Boarding Group button was still not red so I hit My Status and went from there. All that 5 second delay did was cost me 5 seconds. I’m not sure why some people get the red button immediately or after a delay of 2 seconds (and I’ve heard the comments about variations between atomic time and Disney time) but I‘m not one of those people.

My practice has always been successful by launching the app so that it lands me on the home screen 1 or 2 seconds after 8:00:00. I believe it's critical to to wait a couple of seconds after 8 to hit find out more. Those extra 2 seconds are not going to hurt you getting a decently low number. My join button is always red. I'm also on a newer phone (pixel 3) and the app loads cold in 5-6 seconds reliably so YMMV.

That said i've had terrible results using the my status page. I almost never get a the blue button early, even if i have a red Join button on the previous screen. Today i hit My status instead of the red Join button to see what would happen and it was greyed out. Refresh, still grey. back to join, still red and working. Back to status, finally blue.

Moral, practice to find out what method works best for you.

My practice has always been successful by launching the app so that it lands me on the home screen 1 or 2 seconds after 8:00:00. I believe it's critical to to wait a couple of seconds after 8 to hit find out more. Those extra 2 seconds are not going to hurt you getting a decently low number. My join button is always red. I'm also on a newer phone (pixel 3) and the app loads cold in 5-6 seconds reliably so YMMV.

That said i've had terrible results using the my status page. I almost never get a the blue button early, even if i have a red Join button on the previous screen. Today i hit My status instead of the red Join button to see what would happen and it was greyed out. Refresh, still grey. back to join, still red and working. Back to status, finally blue.

Moral, practice to find out what method works best for you.

My Status has not been showing an active join button lately on my Pixel 3a, either.

Also, my phone showed backups at 8:00:40 this morning, I had closed out the app and reopened.

Perfect morning so far! Rope dropped SDD, then rider swapped it, then TSM via FP.

Then over for our BG 5, plus rider swap. Now have FP for MFSR, along with rider swap. Kids are having a great morning!!

Thanks so much for all the advice here, really helped with planning!!
Thanks for posting this, very similar to our plan next week! How long did it take you to complete ROTR total using rider swap?

I have a Pixel 4 and have the same experience. I almost never can get the Join button to turn blue.

While practicing, the two most successful methods have been:
  1. Launch MDE at 7:59:55am
    1. Click Find Out More
    2. Click the red Join Boarding Group
  2. Launch MDE sometime before 8am
    1. Wait until 8:00:01am
    2. Click Find Out More
    3. Click the red Join Boarding Group
If I launch MDE/Find Out More and the Join Boarding Group button is not red, I might as well just force close the app and try again. Trying to go in through My Status and getting "Join a Boarding Group" button to turn blue/touchable almost never works.

Either way, I'll find out this Friday what ends up working!

Last edited:
I've practiced A LOT from home, thanks to this thread. This morning, when I really needed it to work quickly, the buttons were not ready for me! However, after what I thought was too long of a wait to for them to become activated, I still was able to snag group 26 from home for my clients in Hollywood Studios today. They were trying also. They have experienced the ride already this morning and loved it! Now if I can just convince them Tower of Terror is fun!! Thanks for the help!

Guys, I have been reading this thread for months. I know no one other than DISers will understand, so I just had to vent here...

Arrived friday for a short girls weekend and to run the 10k. It was cold but I could see the weather was looking up! Froze our buns off but got the run done and hit MK for a bit yesterday but I was so ready for this monring at DHS!!

Woke up at 3:30 and started throwing up. 😭 I had to send my friend alone with instructions to get herself a BG and she got 92 and is now enjoying the parks while I lay in my coffin room at POFQ and feel sorry for myself that I only had 3 park days and at least 1 is ruined. I would have to make a pretty big turnaround to feel better enough tomorrow morning (last park day) to try to get a BG. So sad!

What makes it worse is that we literally lysol wiped down the room and every ride we went on yesterday my friend wiped down the railing too(she is verythough rough! Lol) first world SW problems!
So sorry to read that you are down--you must plan a return trip for sure! At least the cleaning may keep your roomies form coming down with this?? Also, POFQ is not a bad place to be laid up! I am flying Wednesday and came down w a flu like bug yesterday. Threw up and today feel lousy. Trying to power through and hoping for the best. FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!

Here's hoping everything worked out and you're headed to RotR!!!
Got BG 34!
Standing by Beauty and the Beast. DH’s phone never changed to ready to board. Family with us did not show as in the park (because they WEREN’T) so I backtracked and removed them. They got 129 because they tagged in at 8:02.
Didn’t matter that I told them that they had to be in the park before 8. They’re Florida residents and what do I know? I live in CT! 🙄
Anyway, went through a lot of switchbacks, then got evacuated and given FPs. Waiting a little to go back, even though it’s up and running currently.
It’s a beautiful day!

We are there next week... badly (not on purpose) timed with the opening of the new mickey ride... husband doesn't think that will hurt but I do think it will increase crowds to HS
My family will be right there with you

practiced this morning also, join boarding group for me was not live at 8:00, seems I would have gotten it, since I didnt get the "backup boarding group message" when it did go live...

I have to say, we consider ourselves WDW pros... countless trips throughout childhood and adulthood. Can navigate the parks with our eyes closed and know all the "secrets" and know how to work the FP system like no other...

I'm like you, we consider ourselves WDW pros and when we were there in Feb, it really stressed me out. We got in but it took longer than I expected. The app runs a lot slower when you are in the park than when you are at home. And I was not on WiFi in the park. After the BG dash I needed a drink :)

I was getting stressed about it too. I had to force myself to step back. It’s just a ride. If you make it, great! If you don’t make it, you will have an awesome day anyway.

I'll be there 3/2 and 3/5.
We are driving and was wondering how long is it taking to get through parking turnstiles, parking, walking (or tram if we are far), and getting in the park.
Is it safe to arrive at 7:15 at the parking booths? or should i aim for earlier like 7 or 6:45 ?

If you have time to practice from home then you could try the "count to 3" method after your cellphone hits 8:00am EST. I have been able to get a boarding group on the first try every time since I started to wait a few seconds. Before that I was trying a second before or exactly when the clock hit 8am and that wasn't working. You can play with the wait time, too, and see what it takes to get the join boarding group button. Once you can it on the first try by waiting a couple seconds you will feel more confident. :)

We will be at DHS next week, too, on March 3rd, 4th and 6th. We happened to get fps for MMRR on opening day, otherwise we wouldn't be going there March 4th. I think it will be crowded and I think boarding groups will go fast. :(
We are driving and was wondering how long is it taking to get through parking turnstiles, parking, walking (or tram if we are far), and getting in the park.
Is it safe to arrive at 7:15 at the parking booths? or should i aim for earlier like 7 or 6:45 ?
Great question as I'll be driving Tue 3/3 and have been wondering the same thing.

7:15 should be safe but if it's absolutely a must for you to go on rise I'd go for closer to 7. It took about 10 minutes just to get through tapstiles both days we were there (very very crowded days) plus another 10-15 if you've got to go through bag check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter