READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there 3/2 and 3/5.
We are driving and was wondering how long is it taking to get through parking turnstiles, parking, walking (or tram if we are far), and getting in the park.
Is it safe to arrive at 7:15 at the parking booths? or should i aim for earlier like 7 or 6:45 ?
I arrived yesterday at 6:50 and had about 3 cars in front of me at the toll plaza, parked in the 3rd row from the front so a very short walk to bag check, no waiting at bag check (I had a bag) was in line to enter at around 6:59am, the park opened at 7am to allow people inside

Back home after 10 days at WDW. Rode RotR 3 times, could have rode it every day, but honestly getting up so early and dealing with the crowds wasn't appealing after ride #3.

Using the info from this thread we had BG's 40, 22, and 14. All on ATT data on newer iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone XR devices. The process that always worked for us was at 8:00:00 click find out more, my status, join boarding group. I never got the red button to join a BG on first screen.

I can't really add anything to the process that hasn't been covered ad nauseum in this thread, but I will say this. If you want to rope drop SDD you need to be there very early. We tried to RD SDD one morning, but the first HS bus that showed up at the Contemporary, didn't show up until 6:45, so that wasn't happening at all. We were able to ride TSMM one morning and were walking off the ride at 8:15, but the SDD line most days was out of TSL and past the Little Mermaid theater within 30 minutes of park opening. I'm not sure how ToT or RnR lines were as we didn't go over there in the mornings. MFSR was no problem at all, we did that 2 of our mornings and were done before 9am both times. (Note this was before the FP+ started in the 19th, not sure how thats affected things)

Our BG 14 day was the best day at HS. Hit TSMM, off that by 8:15, BG was called, and we were walking out of the park by 9:10 AM and after a short skyliner ride had breakfast in France. It was definitely the busiest I've ever been to WDW. I've never seen lines like this before, even during our Spring Break 2016 trip. 70+ minute Star Tours, 2.5 hour ToT. It was really really busy.

Best of luck to everyone in the thread and their quest to experience RotR.

Have a friend in line right now and the attraction is down
ETA snacks being passed down
ETA a chunk of ride is down, but they're on

Last edited:

I'll share my experience, although its almost a week old, we just got back from our trip.
I went to HS on 2/18. I took a Lyft from OKW resort and got there around 710-715. No bags, got through the tap stands no problem, but it was a huge crowd. made my way over to the entrance to GE. Also a huge crowd. I was working from my phone, my son is 8, so he doesn't have one. I had my wife work from the room on her phone.

my phone was set with WIFI turned off. signal seemed OK. I closed the app and restarted at 8:00. I never got a red button. not on the front of the app, not when I clicked through on ROTR. tried refreshing, tried closing app and restarting. never went red. couldn't get it. Luckily my wife got me a back up group from the room 91. I have Boom cellular which is a verizon band carrier. my only guess is that with so many people pinging the towers, I was deprioritized and didn't get service.
When they dropped the rope, we followed to MFSR, and it took until 930 to get on. You could barely move around GE afterwards, so crowded. We walked around a bit, but didn't go on any rides. all Toy story rides were 60-120 minutes, same with all other rides included star tours. had lunch then went back to the pool.

after showering we were all going to dinner at disney springs and while we were on the bus our group got called, my son and I jumped off the bus and went to HS. Rode ROTR, then star tours. it is a fantastic ride, totally the best in Disney. The park felt a lot better at 7 than it did at 8AM.

We had a 2nd HS day on 2/22 Saturday. We had a SD FP, we did that, rode alien saucers, saw the little mermaid and Indiana Jones show, then Toy story mania. It was a good day, but still way too many people, fighting over tables for lunch, you almost can't go on any rides you don't have FPs for as almost all have 1-3 hr waits.

The head scratcher I have is, I prepared, I tested the app at home, I was ready to fast finger the boarding group, and we only had 2 people to go on it. I don't understand where I screwed up? Also, frankly I was not prepared to spend 90 minutes waiting for MFSR, or the craziness. I didn't plan my FPs great at HS, we were all supposed to go in the evening and decided not to, so the FPs were planned later. I guess I see others on here getting a lot of attractions done in the morning, either I'm missing something or it just was not possible that day, left disappointed in the AM.

Last edited:
Ride was down 3 separate times today. We left the park and will go back around 7 to try and ride with the family members who for BG 129. It’s up to 105 currently. They got lucky!
On another note - It was PACKED TODAY!

We rode this morning. We were group 33 and got called at 9:51am. They said only up to group 66 was guaranteed but they’re up to 106 now and it’s 5:36.

We also rope dropped slinky dog and had less than an hour wait.

Now boarding 106 to 120. Wondering what your SIL's group was.

It’s 129. Strange that’s they’ve already notified her when there’s still an hour fifteen to go before the park closes.

p.s. Forgot my MB at the room. Realized just as we were about to board the Skyliner to head back to HS. My very kind DH is going back for it while I sit here and think about what I’ve done. 😂

It’s 129. Strange that’s they’ve already notified her when there’s still an hour fifteen to go before the park closes.

p.s. Forgot my MB at the room. Realized just as we were about to board the Skyliner to head back to HS. My very kind DH is going back for it while I sit here and think about what I’ve done. 😂
Seeing 110-123 in the app now. Glad you will get to ride it!

They call the last BGs about an hour before park close. They have to give time for called BGs to get there. They can't keep calling groups up until park close. So, they have a really good idea about 90-120 minutes to go how many/which groups will not have a shot at being called.

If you have time to practice from home then you could try the "count to 3" method after your cellphone hits 8:00am EST. I have been able to get a boarding group on the first try every time since I started to wait a few seconds. Before that I was trying a second before or exactly when the clock hit 8am and that wasn't working. You can play with the wait time, too, and see what it takes to get the join boarding group button. Once you can it on the first try by waiting a couple seconds you will feel more confident. :)

We will be at DHS next week, too, on March 3rd, 4th and 6th. We happened to get fps for MMRR on opening day, otherwise we wouldn't be going there March 4th. I think it will be crowded and I think boarding groups will go fast. :(

i will be there on 3/3 as well! Sounds like it’s going to be crowded. Yikes.

We rode this morning. We were group 33 and got called at 9:51am. They said only up to group 66 was guaranteed but they’re up to 106 now and it’s 5:36.

We also rope dropped slinky dog and had less than an hour wait.

Are they still prefilling the SD queue before the 8 am start time like last week? I'm trying to figure out if it is worth rope dropping SD now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter