READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried from home this morning with no problems. I opened the app on my iPad around 7:30 and waited until 8 while I fixed my kid breakfast. At 8 nothing happened, my buttons never turned red or green or what ever they were supposed to do. I waited a few seconds after 8 and then clicked “my status“ and was able to get all the way through that I could. Exited and my buttons were still not glowing, clicked my status again and got a back up boarding group message.

This makes me think that I should already have the app open well in advance once in the park and click on my status right at opening?

I open mine well in advance, BUT I don’t go in to “find out more” til 8. If you go in to find out more at all, kill the whole app and wait a minute before starting it again.

MY PHONE GLITCHED!!!!!

Guys, I wanted to cry a little, but my son was actually crying so I tried very hard to keep my "that's okay, sometimes life's not fair, we're still totally going on the other new star wars ride later isn't that cool" face on.

We took y'all's advice and we walked, left here around 7:10. Everyone cooperated and played along. To add a little excitement, my phone charger broke last night with only 30% battery left so I had been keeping my phone powered completely off and would turn it on when we got to DHS. We were through tapstiles at 7:40. I turned my phone on at 7:50. Found a spot with great signal just to right of Crossroads that wasn't insanely crowded. Turned on the app at 7:55, everything looks good.

Then it just ... didn't work. As soon as my phone hit 8:00, I hit "find out more." Nothing. Button is still grey. No problem, I've seen this before in practice, I hit "My Status."nothing. Tried pressing the grey button just in case. Nothing. Pull down refreshed. Nothing. Backed all the way out to home and repeated the sequence. Force closed and restarted the app completely. it is still only 8:00 (no idea how many seconds) and now it's saying it's in back-up groups BUT THE JOIN BUTTON STILL WON'T ACTIVATE. Tried the cycle one more time then headed to GET but the line for GET is maybe 100 people long and I waited for 15 minutes the other day in a GET line of 3, so we used our RnRC FP and came back to BC.

I have a healthy amount of perspective on this, believe me, but I am so incredibly frustrated by the experience. I have practiced from home dozens of time and never had this happen. I've occasionally had it grey button on one screen, but moving forward or back a a screen always has corrected the problem. Restarting the app certainly should have. The other day when we were still in line for tapstiles I got farther than I did today, calmly waiting inside! And we're going home in the morning so that was our last and best effort, failed through no fault of our own.
I am so, so sorry. I hope a GET takes pity on you.

Really? That’s good to know. Our family list was under the red message, I just hadn’t noticed there was an x in the corner. Had this been for real I don’t know what I would have done. Since it was practice I just closed and reopened the app to see what that did, but it took too long and was in backups. You’re saying I could have just hit the x, chose the correct family members and had we been in The park still got a BG?
Well I did that from home (click the x). But the warning did not show on my first try right at 8:00 maybe on the 4th time

So when going in a group, is it best for everyone to be logged onto the same account in the MDE app while trying to obtain a BP?

This question may have already been answered but i cant find it. Thanks

So when going in a group, is it best for everyone to be logged onto the same account in the MDE app while trying to obtain a BP?

This question may have already been answered but i cant find it. Thanks
Answer is on post 1
Everyone should log into the same account and try at the same time

Last edited:

Running at 1500/hr plus adding more regular BG's..maybe they figured something out :)
That plus limited downtime, if at all, the last couple days gives me extra hope for next Thursday. I just didn't want to say anything. Really, though, I think RotR needed a @SouthFayetteFan GIF a few days ago to remind itself of our love. Seems to have been running smoothly since! :rotfl2:

MY PHONE GLITCHED!!!!!

Guys, I wanted to cry a little, but my son was actually crying so I tried very hard to keep my "that's okay, sometimes life's not fair, we're still totally going on the other new star wars ride later isn't that cool" face on.

We took y'all's advice and we walked, left here around 7:10. Everyone cooperated and played along. To add a little excitement, my phone charger broke last night with only 30% battery left so I had been keeping my phone powered completely off and would turn it on when we got to DHS. We were through tapstiles at 7:40. I turned my phone on at 7:50. Found a spot with great signal just to right of Crossroads that wasn't insanely crowded. Turned on the app at 7:55, everything looks good.

Then it just ... didn't work. As soon as my phone hit 8:00, I hit "find out more." Nothing. Button is still grey. No problem, I've seen this before in practice, I hit "My Status."nothing. Tried pressing the grey button just in case. Nothing. Pull down refreshed. Nothing. Backed all the way out to home and repeated the sequence. Force closed and restarted the app completely. it is still only 8:00 (no idea how many seconds) and now it's saying it's in back-up groups BUT THE JOIN BUTTON STILL WON'T ACTIVATE. Tried the cycle one more time then headed to GET but the line for GET is maybe 100 people long and I waited for 15 minutes the other day in a GET line of 3, so we used our RnRC FP and came back to BC.

I have a healthy amount of perspective on this, believe me, but I am so incredibly frustrated by the experience. I have practiced from home dozens of time and never had this happen. I've occasionally had it grey button on one screen, but moving forward or back a a screen always has corrected the problem. Restarting the app certainly should have. The other day when we were still in line for tapstiles I got farther than I did today, calmly waiting inside! And we're going home in the morning so that was our last and best effort, failed through no fault of our own.
So sorry this happened. Everyone was rooting for you.
As others have suggested try going to GET umbrellas. But they may HAVE to say no😩
But maybe ask to have a really late Bg and if ROTR has a good day you wouldn’t be getting in front of anyone.
And if they are able to get you on don’t tell anyone 😂😂 it makes it harder for them because people say I read on Disboards you’ve done it for other people.
Just let it be your little (actually BIG) happy secret

I open mine well in advance, BUT I don’t go in to “find out more” til 8. If you go in to find out more at all, kill the whole app and wait a minute before starting it again.
Thanks! I’ve only tried from home twice and have opened early with no problems so I’m glad I’m finding out now there are potential problems with doing that. My biggest fear with waiting until 8 to open the app is what if the app and or my phone freezes? By the time I do a hard reset the BGs will be gone. If I have the app open early I feel like I at least made it through the first hurdle. Sounds like THAT may be okay, just not trying to get into RotR screens until opening.

Does anyone have any experience with using GET outside of the park for ROTR issues? We are probably going to wander around Epcot for snacks before heading back to DHS, if there is a shorter line there maybe I could show them my screenshot and see if they have any pixie dust, or do you think only a DHS service team can help with that?
I did have a GET CM in MK help cancel an ADR in order for me to get to my BG. She was so excited for me lol. She wasn't dealing with the ride though so take that for what it was.

Does anyone have any experience with using GET outside of the park for ROTR issues? We are probably going to wander around Epcot for snacks before heading back to DHS, if there is a shorter line there maybe I could show them my screenshot and see if they have any pixie dust, or do you think only a DHS service team can help with that?
I was told by GET in HS that only HS Guest Relations can deal with RotR issues. GR in another park can probably help with other things that are a byproduct of RotR issues (for example, needing to change/cancel an ADR or move another FP), but if you are trying to get something for RotR itself, only the GR folks in HS can help with that based on what I was told about 3 weeks ago.

I was told by GET in HS that only HS Guest Relations can deal with RotR issues. GR in another park can probably help with other things that are a byproduct of RotR issues (for example, needing to change/cancel an ADR or move another FP), but if you are trying to get something for RotR itself, only the GR folks in HS can help with that based on what I was told about 3 weeks ago.
This makes sense.

Has anyone attempted to secure a BP with a child under 3 as part of your friends and family list? Since he is under 3, he does not have a ticket but he still has a magic band and can tap into the park (he likes doing this like his big brothers!). I’m just wondering whether I should attempt to secure a BP with him included (by hitting “select all”) or if I should remove him when I attempt to get a BP.

Has anyone attempted to secure a BP with a child under 3 as part of your friends and family list? Since he is under 3, he does not have a ticket but he still has a magic band and can tap into the park (he likes doing this like his big brothers!). I’m just wondering whether I should attempt to secure a BP with him included (by hitting “select all”) or if I should remove him when I attempt to get a BP.

A Magic Band won't let you tap into the park without a ticket assigned to it. Using a Magic Band without a ticket will signal a CM that something is not correct. A child under 3 can have a "Magic Band" but it would not be active.

I am assuming and planning to need to remove my own under 3 child from the BG list cause it will say "not in the park" next to his name.

Reporting back on my experience with GET: the best they were willing to offer was a chance to do it all over again tomorrow, which was not going to work since we're leaving in the morning.

I’m sorry @blistex, what garbage luck!! Fingers crossed you get some sort of pixie dust by a CM. I’d tell my sob story (not in ear shot of the disappointed kids, of course) to every GET CM we pass. Can’t hurt!

I just don't want to be That Person, but I did consider it. We went past a pretty short GET line when we went back so I stopped and explained and showed him my screenshot, he scanned all of our Magic Bands and stared at his screen for a while ... and then told us boarding groups were full and they couldn't do anything for us. I was a little surprised he went through all that just to turn us down, when you start scanning the whole family's MBs it gets a person's hopes up!

ETA: The offer was for another park ticket for tomorrow but not a FP or guaranteed BG or anything, not that they need to do that at all but just want to clarify what was offered. Also I expect my phone will be dead by tomorrow morning which, I really should suck it up and buy the $20 charger at the front desk probably.

Last edited:
We will be in this situation in 2 weeks. We will have 8 riders, so we were having to scroll down the page while practicing, wasting our precious milliseconds, since his last name starts with W. So what I did was change his last name to Aw—, so that he populates first on my F&F list. Now, we can hit select all, remove the first person, and hit continue without scrolling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!