READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen an answer to this (that I remember). If our boarding group is called and we are in line for 1.5hrs to do the ride and we miss another fastpass reservation as a result can the GET people do something to get us another FP once we finish riding RotR?
They have been able to help but it's not guaranteed

Haven't seen an answer to this (that I remember). If our boarding group is called and we are in line for 1.5hrs to do the ride and we miss another fastpass reservation as a result can the GET people do something to get us another FP once we finish riding RotR?

I won’t make promises as to what they may do, but that particular situation seems like a legitimate reason to stop by and discuss your circumstances.

My BG 70 just got wiped for today, probably due to the ride going down again. I had the missing party members glitch this AM and my slight hesitation at what to do next lead me to getting a crappy BG. I guess going 6 for 6 over the past couple months was too much to hope for. Feel bad for my 9 year old though but thankfully he got on last Saturday.

Today was miserable at DHS, and it's a random Thursday in February. May God have mercy on all of you charging into this madness during Spring Break!

Adding my report for our second HS day, which did not go as smoothly as our first. Arrived around 7:15 to rope drop RR. Park seemed more crowded than Tuesday which didn’t even seem possible. Only two phones trying today- both iPhone 8s on Verizon LTE. Signal wasn’t that great near RR but we made the best of it. App glitched a number of times for both me and my son, but we got backup group 49. Unfortunately Slinky was down during our fastpass window so we headed back to HS from the BCV when our BG was called around 3:18. Slinky was back up so we rode that first using our fastpass and then headed to ROTR arriving around 4:25 with still almost an hour left in our window...and the ride had just gone down 5 minutes or so prior. They had the entrance all roped off. At that point we were pretty exhausted and frustrated from making treks back and forth with very few rides accomplished during the day so we left the park (again). If we hadn’t gotten on earlier in the week we probably would have stayed but considering it was backup I thought the likelihood of getting a FP was slim because we weren’t yet in the queue. A little disappointed that HS is such a hot mess right now.

The Force was with us Seniors today. Thursday’s trip report ... Sit outside Brown Derby, Old IPhone SE on Cricket (ATT), no WiFi, no Bluetooth, powered on phone inside park, hit app at 7:57 am, hit nothing else until 8 am, clicked photo, button red available right away, selected both people, Group 12 ! Others around us received 18, 35 and 49. Even beat our at home helper.

On Tuesday we had boarding group 11 and we walked right onto the ride when our group was called. Today we had group 36 and spent almost a full hour in line.

Trying to release the part of my brain that really really likes having a minute by minute touring plan and just know there is no way that is feasible in DHS anymore :(

I have a theory, but I'm curious if others see what I see in this data.

DL data in color, DHS data in greyscale. Sorry for the blurriness, it's a quick and dirty overlay.

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but I would love some advice on a strategy for a large group. There will be 14 of us going in April (four families), and I am the only one in the group that is connected to everyone in Friends & Family. Should each family just try to get their own boarding pass? I know every second counts and it would take a while for me to select the 13 other people and add them to the party.

I'll re-post The Chart later, but the day's results:

- 59 Boarding Groups were called, 36 regular and 23 backup - for a 4.91 BG per hour average
- That ranks as the #1 'worst' day for number of Boarding Groups called and #2 'worst' day for BG per hour average

I'm done with the last two days.... onward and upward.

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but I would love some advice on a strategy for a large group. There will be 14 of us going in April (four families), and I am the only one in the group that is connected to everyone in Friends & Family. Should each family just try to get their own boarding pass? I know every second counts and it would take a while for me to select the 13 other people and add them to the party.
All of you should try and for everyone in the group, so long as everyone is linked as “family and friends” on the My Disney Experience app. It’sa large group so if you aren’t all linked together then you can try separately but it is unlikely you will all get the same group that way. You guys just need to figure out if it’s important for everyone to ride together or not.

It takes one second to press "select all" on your mde. Make sure to read post 1

Ah, yes. I forgot about the 'select all' option for FP, so I am glad to hear it is the same for boarding passes. Thank you! I guess my best bet is to remove friends and family who will not be on this trip and go that route.
You can also have others log into your mde account the morning of your attempt so that you'll have multiple people/multiple chances in case 1 or more phones glitch when it's time.

My BG 70 just got wiped for today, probably due to the ride going down again. I had the missing party members glitch this AM and my slight hesitation at what to do next lead me to getting a crappy BG. I guess going 6 for 6 over the past couple months was too much to hope for. Feel bad for my 9 year old though but thankfully he got on last Saturday.

Today was miserable at DHS, and it's a random Thursday in February. May God have mercy on all of you charging into this madness during Spring Break!
Well...I'm screwed next Friday then lol

I've posted it before, but for some of those new people, I'll add my experiences that's helped me get BG 2 and 5.

I have a Samsung S10+ with VZW. Basically starting at 7:59:30 I start opening the app hitting find out more (I do it then just in case if it opens slightly early). I hard close and repeat the process til it turns red. Got me those 2 low groups that way

I have been 2 other times and I tried it different ways, and I got BG 38 and 56.
I have the s10 and have had 3 very early BGs this week. We are on Xfinity (uses vzw). No wifi. I have not tried to open the app until 8:59:55 each time. Each time I got the first set of BGs to be called. (7, 2 and 12). I also have atomic clock widget on homescreen that I used to watch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!