Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the crowd like at the Starbucks in downtown Disney at 8am? I feel like the wifi there would be superior to the data signal inside the park. I have T-Mobile so they're pretty bad everywhere.

I have t-mobile, and didn't have any issues in the parks over Christmas. I think it really does have to do with your phone (newer vs older). I think a lot of the posts in this thread also say that t-mobile is one of the most consistently successful connections, as well.

What's the crowd like at the Starbucks in downtown Disney at 8am? I feel like the wifi there would be superior to the data signal inside the park. I have T-Mobile so they're pretty bad everywhere.
Can’t speak to the Starbucks WiFi, but it looked pretty quiet population wise. I ended up setting up shop by the fountain outside of the bowling alley, there were 3 other people trying for a BG around me. ATT was lightening there. 150mbps and <30 ping so I didn’t even bother with WiFi.

Train station platform worked like a charm using data i didnt wanna chance the WIFI. Im also from canada so used roaming data which is AT&T they use for the US.
Ive stopped trying to play from home really no point i did for 1st few weeks after going and getting BG 30. Cant wait to go back to DL in a year or so.

The number of guaranteed boarding groups has been going down the last couple days. Earlier this week, boarding groups above 81 were not guaranteed. Today, it’s 78.

Any ideas why? The ride seems to be improving this week.

The number of guaranteed boarding groups has been going down the last couple days. Earlier this week, boarding groups above 81 were not guaranteed. Today, it’s 78.

Any ideas why? The ride seems to be improving this week.
They start with a different number each day, so the number you’re looking at is deceiving. For instance, if 81 is the last “guaranteed” group, they likely started with group 10 or something, so there were only actually 71 groups.

If you check “the chart,” you can see how many actual groups were in the “guaranteed” category each day.

What's the maximum size when it comes to how many people can be in your group for a BG?

What's the maximum size when it comes to how many people can be in your group for a BG?
EDIT: I misread this, I thought it said "minimum". I am not aware of any maximum. I suppose there is a practical limit in the app, I just don't know that anyone here has posted anything about that.

Are you asking about an extremely large group like a band or sports team?

Family reunion groups consisting of 16 or more linked Profiles haven’t had any problems booking BGs at WDW. The BG system slots the total group into an open BG.

DL uses the same BG system.

The wifi signal there isn't the fastest. That is where I got my boarding pass, but I used mobile data after speed testing both options. The wifi has a lag.

I had a harrowing (but ultimately thrilling) experience attempting to ride Rise my first time last Wednesday, Feb. 12. I ended up being fortunate enough to ride it twice in one day. I was going to DL as a party of four: two couples arriving separately. We made it to the parking garage by 7 a.m. and were inside the park by about 7:30 a.m. I had studied this thread and prepared for this moment. The tickets were linked. The data speeds were tested. Practice rounds were, ummm, practiced. However, I didn't account for the other couple arriving late. (I warned them not to come after 7 a.m. and definitely not after 7:30 a.m.)

I panicked and tried to remove them from our group, so it wouldn't delay us when the clock struck 8 a.m. If they weren't present, we'd forgo them and book a boarding group for just the two of us. I couldn't figure out how to remove them from the DL app. I started freaking out. I went to City Hall and learned that linked tickets must be manually removed by a CM. I swear I thought you could do this on the app? With my friends still nowhere in sight, we booked it out of the park. The plan was to head to Starbucks in Downtown Disney for optimal speeds and no anxiety-inducing crowds, but it was already 7:58 a.m. by the time we reached La Brea Bakery. We stopped in front and got boarding group 26. Woohoo!

Of course, a few minutes later, our friends showed up. By that point, the lines at the gates were extremely short, so we all breezed right into the park. We linked our tickets back together, but our friends were not part of our boarding group, so they tapped on their app and received boarding group 80. I think it was about 8:05 a.m. We went to City Hall to attempt to be grouped together, but we were told that the formal policy is groups will only be reassigned to the LATER boarding group. I said: Sorry, suckers. I know this thang breaks down all the time, so I ain't gonna give up my precious boarding group 26.

Our group was called with a window of around 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. We had an 11:30 a.m. reservation for Oga's (which I thought was underwhelming, TBH). We decided to get space drunk before going on the ride. (A Fuzzy Tauntaun does help with the immersion.) By the time we got back to Rise, it'd broken down. Thankfully, it was back up about 15 minutes later, and we successfully convinced the CMs to allow our friends to join us. It probably helped that one of them was celebrating a birthday. We experienced the full attraction — no B modes for us!

How did I ride it twice? Well, my unpunctual friends left the park before us, while we stayed and played all day and night. I had forgotten about their boarding group until I noticed they were up past boarding group 100, and it wasn't close to park closing. We booked it back to Batu and used their boarding group passes that were still linked on our DL app. Apparently, it didn't matter the window for 80 was over. The CMs scanning the boarding groups don't see your mugshots, so it also didn't matter we were pretending to be our friends. Ultimately, it was all worth it — and I think the Force Ghosts rewarded our punctuality and commitment with the opportunity to experience both the day and evening versions of the attraction.

Last edited:
Though at one point I did see the BGs go from 102-103 back to 94-103, so hopefully that means the folks in the queue got to ride before they decided to call it.

Rough day - now we get to see if the last 5 days were a fluke or if today is the new outlier. Tomorrow will be very telling.

I don’t think I’ve seen this question asked as I’ve been following the thread pretty regularly (less over the past few days so sorry if I’m repeating)

When you have some folks “play from home” to double your chances when you’re in the park and those guys get the BG does the Disneyland App update so that every person logged in to the account can see the BG that has been obtained or does the BG only show on the person’s phone screen who actually got the BG?

I dunno if my question is clear haha...

I panicked and tried to remove them from our group, so it wouldn't delay us when the clock struck 8 a.m. If there weren't present, we'd forgo them and book a boarding group for just the two of us. I couldn't figure out how to remove them from the DL app. I started freaking out. I went to City Hall and learned that linked tickets must be manually removed by a CM. I swear I thought you could do this on the app?

Apparently it really depends, in my case even the CMs there were unable to manually remove and I have to call in to do so, which I still haven't bothered with. I'm so sorry you panicked about this, just in case anyone else is stressing about this I really want to reassure everyone it really doesn't seem to be that big of an issue! When I went I had to deselect my group and then select myself and husband and I got confused by our extra After Dark tickets which also show up, the first time I also stopped bothering because I saw my husband got in before me already but then a few seconds later I realized he still hadn't hit the next button to get the final confirmation so while I was in a panic trying to get him to finish I went back through mine and got us BG 47 (first group was 12). The next day I had both him and my daughter back at home trying and they both had app issues so I was still the one to get the BG even with having to deselect and then select... this time I didn't have the After Dark tickets to confuse me, but I still somehow managed to finger twitch and immediately unselect after selecting my ticket, 2 times in a row and I still ended up with BG 32 (first group was 10) and I am not fast to begin with and it seemed super packed that day (valentine's) and I was in the middle of a big crowd and both times I heard lots of cheering well before I got my group. So really I would not stress about this, as long as your app works having to adjust your group isn't going to make that big of a difference from my experience.

I don’t think I’ve seen this question asked as I’ve been following the thread pretty regularly (less over the past few days so sorry if I’m repeating)

When you have some folks “play from home” to double your chances when you’re in the park and those guys get the BG does the Disneyland App update so that every person logged in to the account can see the BG that has been obtained or does the BG only show on the person’s phone screen who actually got the BG?

It works the same as though you were hanging with multiple people in the park all trying at the same time - the first person will get the message of the boarding group assignment, everyone else will get an error of "You are already in a boarding group."

But then when you go to "My Status", you'll be able to see your boarding group, no matter who actually made the grab.

When my daughter was trying from home, logged into her own account, she was able to see we already had a BG when I got one, also, my husband saw our BG on his account in the park. I guess I can't say for certain if she had managed to get the BG if we would have seen it immediately but since she saw it come up almost immediately at home when I got it in the park I'm assuming it should be the same the other way around...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!