Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were near the statue and they let people start walking at 8:59am. That seemed really stupid as you had a mass of people walking and trying to get a BG at the same time.

Ended up getting the exact same BG 49 as yesterday. Second day in a row my join group never turned red. Guess my phone just doesn't like me.

Hopefully the ride performs better today than yesterday.

How do I see my boarding group now that I got one, and will it show somewhere what they’re on? Do I get a text?

You may have been working on cached data in the app .

i don’t know what that means. Can you explain it? I’ve seen that term mentioned here, but never quite figured out what people were talking about.Does that effect you in park? Or is it just because I’m at home?

How do I see my boarding group now that I got one, and will it show somewhere what they’re on? Do I get a text?
Go to "Find Out More" and tap "My Status"

If you have notifications on you will get a push notification when your group is called.

i don’t know what that means. Can you explain it? I’ve seen that term mentioned here, but never quite figured out what people were talking about.Does that effect you in park? Or is it just because I’m at home?
Just means your phone was using already updated info to load from when you first opened the app and not getting new info from the server.

We were near the statue and they let people start walking at 8:59am. That seemed really stupid as you had a mass of people walking and trying to get a BG at the same time.

Ended up getting the exact same BG 49 as yesterday. Second day in a row my join group never turned red. Guess my phone just doesn't like me.

Hopefully the ride performs better today than yesterday.
Yeah, previously they seemed to drop the rope about 10 minutes prior. If they didn't let people walk until 8:59 then the kiosks would have had no joy today.

I have noticed a couple things in my experience (Android Samsung Galaxy S7) and not getting a red button:

1. If I tap "Find out More" even one second before OPO, my button does not turn red and will not turn red no matter how much I refresh, restart the app, curse, swear or anything until it is time for backups. I suspect if I were to "Force Stop" the app it would reset, but that takes too much time once you are in the thick of it.

2. If I tap "Find out More" too soon and get the above behavior, but I tap "My Status" AFTER OPO, I get an active button in there that will let me start the join process. However, if I tap "My Status" too soon, it also will not activate no matter what I do until it is time for backups. Going back out to the "Find out More" screen still yields a grey button despite the button in "My Status" being active.

3. I noticed today that my Gear S2 watch has drifted off of my phone's time by about 3 seconds fast. This is what caused me to tap in too soon. I could see as I entered the screen that my phone's time hadn't changed to 9:00 yet and knew I was going to be locked out.

Given these observations, My process when I go to the park in April will be:

T-minus 15 minutes: Find a location with good service (ping) and fair wi-fi for the extra phones. Confirm that we are in the park and everyone is logged in to my account with the tickets for today.

T-minus 10 minutes: Force Stop Disneyland App and clear cache. Power down and restart smart watch. Confirm watch synchronized with phone's network time. Have others in my party do the same. Confirm that wifi phones are synchronized with wireless network phones. Review the process with everyone in the party. The wifi-phones are going to be secondary and will tap in 1 seconds after OPO to ensure that they will be active in the case that our network time is off and we get locked out.

T-minus 2 minutes: Have everyone start the Disneyland app.

T-minus 1 minute: I am one with the force and the force is with me. I am one with the force and the force is with me. I am one with the force...

T-minus 5 seconds: Countdown. Network goes on 0. Wireless goes one second after.

After that...BG or not, it's Disneyland.

Yeah, previously they seemed to drop the rope about 10 minutes prior. If they didn't let people walk until 8:59 then the kiosks would have had no joy today.

I have noticed a couple things in my experience (Android Samsung Galaxy S7) and not getting a red button:

1. If I tap "Find out More" even one second before OPO, my button does not turn red and will not turn red no matter how much I refresh, restart the app, curse, swear or anything until it is time for backups. I suspect if I were to "Force Stop" the app it would reset, but that takes too much time once you are in the thick of it.
2. If I tap "Find out More" too soon and get the above behavior, but I tap "My Status" AFTER OPO, I get an active button in there that will let me start the join process. However, if I tap "My Status" too soon, it also will not activate no matter what I do until it is time for backups. Going back out to the "Find out More" screen still yields a grey button despite the button in "My Status" being active.
3. I noticed today that my Gear S2 watch has drifted off of my phone's time by about 3 seconds fast. This is what caused me to tap in too soon. I could see as I entered the screen that my phone's time hadn't changed to 9:00 yet and knew I was going to be locked out.

Given these observations, My process when I go to the park in April will be:
T-minus 15 minutes: Find a location with good service (ping) and fair wi-fi for the extra phones. Confirm that we are in the park and everyone is logged in to my account with the tickets for today.
T-minus 10 minutes: Force Stop Disneyland App and clear cache. Power down and restart smart watch. Confirm watch synchronized with phone's network time. Have others in my party do the same. Confirm that wifi phones are synchronized with wireless network phones. Review the process with everyone in the party. The wifi-phones are going to be secondary and will tap in 1 seconds after OPO to ensure that they will be active in the case that our network time is off and we get locked out.
T-minus 2 minutes: Have everyone start the Disneyland app.
T-minus 1 minute: I am one with the force and the force is with me. I am one with the force and the force is with me. I am one with the force...
T-minus 5 seconds: Countdown. Network goes on 0. Wireless goes one second after.

After that...BG or not, it's Disneyland.
On Saturday they dropped the rope at 7:55 for the 8am opening

Ok after a weekend away I am checking in to give feedback! My daughter’s teacher went Presidents’ Day weekend with. I gave her all of the tips I’ve learned here, and from our experience a few weeks ago. They did not follow my advice about waiting to open the app at 7:59:59 on Saturday, and it didn’t work properly, so they had to exit the app and ended up with backup BG 104. The next day they followed my advice and got BG 32.

She said the ride never worked 💯 .... first time they were stuck and evacuated from the ride, a certain lightsaber scene only worked once, and she said Sunday when they rode it was super buggy with lots of screen issues, droid issues etc. They were on it a total of three times and it was never working 💯. They loved it though!

Last edited:
Sorry if this was answered. Can I enter DL, then exit to downtown Disney after opening and still get a BG?
It was answered. See the thread title - PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4...

From post #2 FAQ
How do I join a boarding group?
  • You must first enter Disneyland Park to join a boarding group, you do not have to stay inside Disneyland once you are scanned in. You can hop over to DCA or head into Downtown Disney or even return to your hotel. Please note that the Monorail entrance is not usually advisable for use as it typically does not open until the park officially opens. People have reported using the Monorail entrance when it was open before official park opening, but this is not something to depend upon.

From post #4: "How To" Guide For Riding Rise of the Resistance at DL
2. Arrive early - REALLY early

You have to get inside the DL park, with your park tickets scanned, and everyone in your party present, before the DL park officially opens (OPO).

You do not have to remain inside the DL park to get a BG. You can scan into the park, then leave - to DTD, DCA, the Esplanade, your hotel or anywhere outside DLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter