Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5)

Interesting. When we rode opening day, the Kylo animatronic next to General Hux didn’t move - I assume he’s supposed to because Hux was moving. Beyond that, I didn’t know what to expect from the ride, so I’d have no way to know if we missed stuff.
He turns around and faces the vehicle before you back out of the room.

He turns around and faces the vehicle before you back out of the room.
This explains why I also had seen pictures of him facing the vehicle and thought I was pretty sure we'd never seen that...

I think I may have mentioned that on this thread, or another one. But again, we didn't know what we were missing, really, I could just tell that the immobile figure next to the moving Hux was an error.

The lightsabre coming through the roof effect was inoperable on my side today. It was already there and unlit.
Oh man that’s a bummer. That was such an awesome effect!
On the way home my 5-year-old asked how anyone else was going to be able to ride the ride after us since everything was “broken” specifically the hole in the ceiling. :rotfl:

Is the ride jerky at all? I have a bad lumbar back and can do okay when I "know" the ride is going to change direction and I can "brace" myself. On TSMM, I can ride but I can also see when the ride is about to change direction.

Is the ride jerky at all? I have a bad lumbar back and can do okay when I "know" the ride is going to change direction and I can "brace" myself. On TSMM, I can ride but I can also see when the ride is about to change direction.
The jerkiness felt similar to TSMM to me. If I’m remembering correctly, the turns are less anticipated than in TSMM where you can tell what’s coming next. That could be due to the fact that I was so wrapped up in what was going on that I wasn’t paying attention though. I didn’t find the jerks uncomfortable at all but TSMM doesn’t bother me either.

I would liken the "jerkiness" to the Luigi's car ride. You don't know what's coming next so it's not necessarily jerky but throws you around a bit.

My description is a cross between Star Tours and Luigis. I can't ride Star Tours, but can ride this.

The last part kinda is. Are you ok with Star Tours? What about a small drop?

For reference, I’m recovering from surgery and won’t ride this again until at least a few weeks post-op due to concerns about jarring an incision.

This explains why I also had seen pictures of him facing the vehicle and thought I was pretty sure we'd never seen that...

I think I may have mentioned that on this thread, or another one. But again, we didn't know what we were missing, really, I could just tell that the immobile figure next to the moving Hux was an error.
It’s not super clear but I think this is the one you’re talking about? 8005944D-0193-46A1-96CA-C8A7D05DDBAE.jpeg

It’s not super clear but I think this is the one you’re talking about? View attachment 469932

I think that's the final one where he's in the middle of yelling at you and then the ship's window gets blasted open and he's like "NOOOOO!"

Curious - did anyone else think that on rides of this attraction, this particular Kylo animatronic looks just like he's flailing about when the ship gets blasted open? We rode 3 days in a row on my trip this past weekend, and each time he looked the same - kind of like those flailing arm inflatable things outside car dealerships. It bothered me because he looked kind of ridiculous. I really think he ought to have one leg go up or something or lean back more. He doesn't REALLY look like someone losing their balance.

Then again I am probably overly picky about this because Kylo Ren *ahem* Ben Solo is my favorite character from the sequel trilogy. :D

ANYWAY - what's everyone's take on the lightsaber coming through the roof? My friends and I were debating whether that's another projection/"hologram" or an actual animatronic.

I think it’s an animatronic. At least it looked that way to me and someone else reported that it wasn’t working on their ride and that the lightsaber was already sticking through the ceiling and was unlit when they rode.

Ok, spoiler alert here, if you do not want to see ride photos for ROTR look away. I have to say that Disney has amazed me once again. This ride if by far their most ambitious endeavor and they pulled it off big time. It is more an experience, not just a ride. There are still some obvious growing pains as they try to optimize the uptime of the ride. Last Saturday is more of what I hope for, I believe they got through 140 boarding groups. The first time I got on the ride it shut down after the first major sequence and I got a FP+ and went through a separate line they will likely use for future Fastpass.I am not posting a complete queue/ride sequence, just a few spot photos here and there. There is SO MUCH MORE.

Last chance, ROTR ride photos below...

_18A9969_zpskd3b2q9o.jpg

_18A9982_zpsbjjqqy4g.jpg

367_zpsdtra76qn.jpg

9899_zps0ezsfweg.jpg

_18A9521_zpsk6vhji4e.jpg

9522_zpslnofmban.jpg

9479_zpsgdwxctvx.jpg

398_zpsso9kew0c.jpg

9589_zpsgu7j8jgo.jpg

423_zpsa2g50rqw.jpg

428_zpsrxhp1epz.jpg

429_zpsmvtvyt87.jpg

457_zpscdgjq7m9.jpg

_18A0467_zpslbqtgv2w.jpg

458_zpstnx8d8ss.jpg

9571_zpse0mrnrkf.jpg

I think it’s an animatronic. At least it looked that way to me and someone else reported that it wasn’t working on their ride and that the lightsaber was already sticking through the ceiling and was unlit when they rode.

I agree, looks three dimensional and not a projection. My photo above does not do it justice. Thanks to whomever merged the photos into this thread.

It’s an animatronic. They showed it in the last episode of the imagineering story.

OK, word has it that today 2nd Kylo is in B mode so we are seeing him on screen in his ship.

Other B modes for folks coming over from the non-spoiler thread:

1st Kylo not moving - just stays facing the window on the bridge.

Light saber not cutting through the roof of the room

And in DHS we've heard of cases where they bypass the briefing and the ITS altogether, though we haven't heard of that happening in DL yet.

What other B Modes have you observed?

OK, word has it that today 2nd Kylo is in B mode so we are seeing him on screen in his ship.

Other B modes for folks coming over from the non-spoiler thread:

1st Kylo not moving - just stays facing the window on the bridge.

Light saber not cutting through the roof of the room

And in DHS we've heard of cases where they bypass the briefing and the ITS altogether, though we haven't heard of that happening in DL yet.

What other B Modes have you observed?

Not really a B mode, just a broken animatronic, but I've been on it when the surveillance drone at the beginning (after the disco room) isn't working and doesn't come down or move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter