Rise of the Resistance experience *Ride Spoilers* (Photos on Pg. 5)

And in DHS we've heard of cases where they bypass the briefing and the ITS altogether, though we haven't heard of that happening in DL yet.

OK what is "ITS"?

Not really a B mode, just a broken animatronic, but I've been on it when the surveillance drone at the beginning (after the disco room) isn't working and doesn't come down or move.

Which one is the disco room?

The disco room is the nickname given to the very first room you enter after you leave the ride load area in your transports (the room where the other empty transports come by you). See #4 at https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/fe...ffects-from-star-wars-rise-of-the-resistance/ for a photo/description (the site is from WDW but same idea).

Hey! Thanks for that article! It was fascinating! I can't wait to look for the turntable when we make an attempt to ride a week from tomorrow! I had wondered how that effect worked! It totally blew me away the first time we rode. My partner rides an ECV and totally expected to go out the opposite door.

Kylo turned on the bridge, and the lightsaber in the elevator worked, but instead of the final Kylo animatronic Force-pulling us, we saw a screen with him in his fighter. Ride is still amazing, but it definitely impacts the overall experience. Animatronic >>>> screen!

Kylo turned on the bridge, and the lightsaber in the elevator worked, but instead of the final Kylo animatronic Force-pulling us, we saw a screen with him in his fighter. Ride is still amazing, but it definitely impacts the overall experience. Animatronic >>>> screen!
Yea, we didn’t know there was an animatronic and were really confused as to how he got in a fighter so quickly.

Makes ya wonder. Were they spending these past weeks, making sure the ride was as perfect as possible, to give riders the full experience it was designed for? Shutting down the ride for hours, to fix a feature that wasn't working properly.

Now, when given the choice of cutting things out, in the interest of not having to shut the ride down for an extended period, they're just saying...."**** It," and continuing with the backup mode.

Makes ya wonder. Were they spending these past weeks, making sure the ride was as perfect as possible, to give riders the full experience it was designed for? Shutting down the ride for hours, to fix a feature that wasn't working properly.

Now, when given the choice of cutting things out, in the interest of not having to shut the ride down for an extended period, they're just saying...."**** It," and continuing with the backup mode.
The Kylo animatronic next to Hux didn’t work when I rode opening day. I’ve posted about it. There was no shutdown around that time, so it doesn’t seem like they deemed that worthy of fixing on Day 1.

For the folks at DHS, is there any issue with the interrogation room loading? (The room that the Resistance breaks you out of) It seems that the BG rate in DHS has really fallen off. I'm curious if that is due to not being able to load into all the rooms.

Remember the "B" modes have been there from the start. The ride is designed with those workarounds in mind, to give an experience to the rider and prevent downtime. In some cases, it may be that the "B" mode is designed to allow folks to work on repairing "A" mode while the ride is still in operation (such as the 2nd Kylo Ren animatronic).

There have been plenty of reports of "B" mode in the first weeks of the attraction, so I don't think that is what was happening. It seems to me that the thing that shuts the ride down totally is typically something to do with the trackless ride system, whether it is a timing issue, a charging issue, a coding issue, or a mechanical issue. Obviously if the turntable goes down that's problematic as well.

I don't really get what the issue is with the light saber through the ceiling, though. Seems like a simple enough element that it wouldn't be that hard to keep working, but I've only seen video so I will hold judgement until I see the actual thing.

A few comments on the non spoiler thread mentioned scariness of the ride. When we rode, a little boy in a different car was crying when we got off. I heard his mom telling the CM upon exiting that he didn't like the Kylo Ren part where he appeared with the lightsaber. If your kids get easily scared maybe warn them before going.

Also editing to add: For the drop part, you hear the ride vehicle get into a track of some sort, then you drop for a split second. My friend was most worried about the drop. She hates free falling drops of any kind, so she was sort of freaking out. But it happened so fast she was fine and didn't even get a chance to scream lol.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and experience since I think I am the only person to have ridden that was actually disappointed, ha! Of course it's amazing in so many ways, but it just doesn't quite work for me... one of my biggest disappointments though is I thought from what I saw on the front page and app of Disneyland that the AT-AT walkers moved and was dying to know how they managed that and how that would look, so when I saw statues I realized my expectations of the whole thing were not going to be met. Overall I felt like the experience reminded me of one of those Universal Studios rides I went on 20 years ago. I disliked having to just keep moving forward through everything... I said to my kids that it felt to me like going to the Exploratorium (which we love!) without being allowed to touch anything... 'look at all this amazing stuff, now keep moving along folks'.

I cannot imagine being a major Star Wars fan especially of the recent movies and not absolutely loving the whole experience, but I am not a Star Wars fan and while I can somewhat get into most characters from the first six movies I just felt especially not interested in the recent characters, except for maybe Finn, Kylo Ren especially just feels like a weak character to me, I would've felt much more intimidated and invested if it had been Darth Vader instead (the costume is creepier along with the sinister breathing and of course James Earl Jones sounds infinitely more imposing than Adam Driver).

I did not like standing in the transport, except of course it was nice to be able to walk around, but it was a bit like trying to get to the bathroom during heavy turbulence on an airplane... I love all the motion simulator rides, but I just did not enjoy that experience standing.

The Rey projection in person really looked like a projection, I was disappointed in that because I was expecting more of a hologram effect.

The First Order cast were all awesome, I wish there was more of that and more live interaction rather than just being passed from one animatronic/projection to another. In the back of the prison cell I pushed all the buttons and turned all the dials so at first I thought I caused the General to come out and that was pretty exciting but then since I was way back there I missed most of the cutting of the opening which looked amazing from what I did see, however on our second ride I was right by it when it happened and unfortunately that one we were in did not look anywhere near as impressive so I'm not sure if something was off with it (had a lot of other elements that were not working for our second ride) or it just actually looks better from further away.

All the twists and turns in the ride vehicles were very, very smooth, it wasn’t at all like Toy Story Midway Mania which I find very jerky and it wasn’t really like a ride experience at all like something like Luigi’s so it wasn’t an issue for my husband who gets nauseous from that, but I was also kind of disappointed by that because I guess I was expecting more of a ride element at some point, even the “drop” was more like going down in an fast elevator in a tall building to me (which actually does turn my stomach a bit, unlike frog hopper rides or guardians of the galaxy which I love and don’t bother me), even though the subtleness of it gets to me a tiny bit it’s definitely not enough to factor into any decision to ride or not, I really have a hard time imagining anyone would be bothered by any of the motion elements… I get carsick all the time and my husband can’t handle any spin rides including carousels and we were both fine on this.

After experiencing this ride it just made me all the more disappointed in Oga’s actually, RotR was more along the lines of what I was expecting from the Cantina with the whole atmosphere and CMs getting into character… my husband felt the same way only regarding Trader Sam’s and wishing Oga’s was more like that, heh.

Ultimately it’s definitely a ride I would put on my priority list for when I visit Disneyland but it was just not the amazing experience I was hoping for. I think I would rather have more of a real ride and have some elements of the ride as it is now as an interactive walk through experience you can enjoy at your leisure. I just felt too much like there was all this stuff I wanted to explore and interact and engage with that I had to just pass through because it’s a ‘ride’ but the ride element wasn’t enough of an actual fun ride to take away from the other stuff. I did dilly dally as much as possible to get the most enjoyment out of everything I could (I think? Those first order cms were intimidating, which was great!) which unfortunately at one point resulted in some other guests taking our spot in the front row of a vehicle (or maybe they really didn’t remember their color, but it seemed awfully suspicious)

My 24yo daughter who is also not a major Star Wars fan (we are more into Star Trek) went in December to the Disney World one and said it was her favorite ride ever and she absolutely loved it to the point that my rather ‘meh’ response to it has caused her to have a bit of an existential crisis!

For me the ride peaked after the shuttle and the doors open to reveal you are on a full scale star destroyer. It really didn’t matter what the ride did after that. I was sold.

With that said, I avoided all spoilers before the ride so I really had no idea what the actual ride portion of it was. I expected more of an intense ride, like radiator springs, so I was disappointed when reality didn’t meet expectations. Now that I’ve had time to let the experience marinate in me and I’m further removed from my expectations, this ride is a marvel. It’s like someone took a fantasy land ride, blew up the budget and built it in the 21st century.

I've ridden about 5 times now. LOVED it every time! The scale and feeling of being part of the story is amazing. I'm still intimidated by the First Order minions after exiting the shuttle. There was just one issue on this morning's ride. The screen was pausing and jerky where the big guns are shooting. I know some have said it, but I honestly don't know how people can be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!