Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

A few thoughts from our trip last week. We rode lfor the first time since July, and I noticed that at some point between the simulated motion in the first transport ship returned. I wouldn’t exactly call it rough, but there was at least motion and holding on was helpful. This is as opposed to July when it was completely smooth and you just saw the scenes on the screens. It’s so much better with the jostling movement. I also noticed that none of the cannons moved- I can’t remember what they did in July but I know I’ve ridden it at least once (I think Feb 2020) when they moved and our ride vehicles back and forth movements actually made sense- like we were darting around to miss them. Without them seemingly randomly moving forward the ride motion doesn’t really make sense. We had a little more time in the big hangar with the stormtroopers, we took a few pictures without being harassed and yelled at to move on. I much prefer that! In July we had a little time also, before that they practically pushed us from the transport ship to the next line.

A few thoughts from our trip last week. We rode lfor the first time since July, and I noticed that at some point between the simulated motion in the first transport ship returned. I wouldn’t exactly call it rough, but there was at least motion and holding on was helpful. This is as opposed to July when it was completely smooth and you just saw the scenes on the screens. It’s so much better with the jostling movement. I also noticed that none of the cannons moved- I can’t remember what they did in July but I know I’ve ridden it at least once (I think Feb 2020) when they moved and our ride vehicles back and forth movements actually made sense- like we were darting around to miss them. Without them seemingly randomly moving forward the ride motion doesn’t really make sense. We had a little more time in the big hangar with the stormtroopers, we took a few pictures without being harassed and yelled at to move on. I much prefer that! In July we had a little time also, before that they practically pushed us from the transport ship to the next line.
Only the first canon has consistently moved. The second and the third one have moved sometimes, but more times than not they are not working. I haven’t seen them operational at Disneyland since early fall.

We rode lfor the first time since July, and I noticed that at some point between the simulated motion in the first transport ship returned. I wouldn’t exactly call it rough, but there was at least motion and holding on was helpful. This is as opposed to July when it was completely smooth and you just saw the scenes on the screens. It’s so much better with the jostling movement.
I think when they were distancing groups on the colored dots, it was difficult for everyone to have a place to hold on, so they may have stopped the movement for safety reasons at that time.

I think when they were distancing groups on the colored dots, it was difficult for everyone to have a place to hold on, so they may have stopped the movement for safety reasons at that time.
we never went when they were doing that, it was after that extent of distancing but before things were as back to crowding as they are now. I still figured that was why the movement was gone, but was curious if anyone actually knew for sure. I think everyone is just assuming.

we never went when they were doing that, it was after that extent of distancing but before things were as back to crowding as they are now. I still figured that was why the movement was gone, but was curious if anyone actually knew for sure. I think everyone is just assuming.
Ah, okay. The last time we rode was in December 2020, when they were still assigning groups to the different dots, and I remember being concerned because I couldn't hold on as I had in January 2020.

It moved back when they were doing the dots. My guess is that the mechanism under the floor that makes the motion wasn’t working on some days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter