Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

I won’t have the pleasure of experiencing this attraction until November but holy bananas! From what I’ve seen online I’m thoroughly impressed. Wow. I can’t wait!

CM are not in the entire queue, only in specific spots. In those spots you will get the interaction while you wait. I'm really hoping the acting stays consistent and people understand that they are First Order and they are not going to smile, or be friendly

Agreed 100%

It would be like HM CMs being told they have to smile more. It would ruin the whole experience.

Yes! This was the only thing I didn’t like. There would not be music playing on a Star Destroyer! Totally ruined the immersion of the hallway and was distracting on the ride. Normally I love music and think it adds to the attraction, but not this one. The crowd was deadly silent in the stormtrooper room- no music and officers right by us. In the hall, with no officers, the music broke the tension and people were chatting (nothing wrong with chatting, just shows the atmosphere changed).

I agree and think this attraction is the one that the music would detract from the immersion. Not to go on a tangent, but even the SW hotel shouldn't be playing music (unless it's in the lounge and isn't SW themed).

I'm just wondering if they could offer a non-music inspired version as well. I would choose that over the music inspired one.

I agree and think this attraction is the one that the music would detract from the immersion. Not to go on a tangent, but even the SW hotel shouldn't be playing music (unless it's in the lounge and isn't SW themed).

I'm just wondering if they could offer a non-music inspired version as well. I would choose that over the music inspired one.
I mean if they have music in the lounge of the SW hotel, it will be SW themed, just like the music they play at Oga's or around the land is SW themed

I sure hope they never get rid of the music. It totally enhances the experience.
I agree. It's funny to me that most people wanted John Williams music through out the land and in MFSR, and now we are seeing the opposite :)
It's fine, again, everyone can have their opinions, but loved hearing the emmy nominated SWGE score :) and also the regular scores we were familiar with in the ride

I mean if they have music in the lounge of the SW hotel, it will be SW themed, just like the music they play at Oga's or around the land is SW themed

I guess that's the question of should the music be for the setting or from the movies?

I sure hope they never get rid of the music. It totally enhances the experience.

Oh I'm not suggesting they should get rid of the music, but give an option to experience the ride without it. I would think the difference would be substantial.

I guess that's the question of should the music be for the setting or from the movies?
exactly, that's another story But once it's picked to be anywhere in SWGE or Starcruiser it will be SW themed.
We know that they used setting music for the lounge and the land and they used movie music for RotR. I'm assuming the Starcruiser will be setting music and not movie music

So only one car gets blasted by the front ofthe At At? What shoots at the second car? After 3 rides we have always gone face to face with the probe droid and AT AT.

Honestly I’m not sure what shoots at the car that goes to the side of the AT-AT, there may. E something to your right I never saw in the times I rode. Today (last day) I got front AT-AT again, so could not check.

Honestly I’m not sure what shoots at the car that goes to the side of the AT-AT, there may. E something to your right I never saw in the times I rode. Today (last day) I got front AT-AT again, so could not check.
stormtroopers are overhead, they shoot during this portion

Oh I'm not suggesting they should get rid of the music, but give an option to experience the ride without it. I would think the difference would be substantial.

How would they implement that? Only a tiny handful of people will want to ride without music. How do you group them together?

I trust the imagineers on this one. The music towards the end when the main theme starts playing was pure joy.

How would they implement that? Only a tiny handful of people will want to ride without music. How do you group them together?

I trust the imagineers on this one. The music towards the end when the main theme starts playing was pure joy.

I'd leave the question of how/grouping to the Imagineers. I also don't know the quantity of guests that would ride with/without the music. Do you have data that supports the number is tiny or are you projecting it?

Has anyone given the First Order officers a bit of (fake) rebellious attitude? Wondering what the reaction would be if someone said something like “We’ll never give in” or “We’ll never reveal the location” etc. I was too surprised and in awe of the troopers the first (and only so far) time I did it.

I'd leave the question of how/grouping to the Imagineers. I also don't know the quantity of guests that would ride with/without the music. Do you have data that supports the number is tiny or are you projecting it?

Of course I don’t have data but I do have common sense and that tells me the vast majority of riders want to experience an attraction the way the designers intended.

I think we can safely say a no-music option won’t be appearing.

Has anyone given the First Order officers a bit of (fake) rebellious attitude? Wondering what the reaction would be if someone said something like “We’ll never give in” or “We’ll never reveal the location” etc. I was too surprised and in awe of the troopers the first (and only so far) time I did it.
yep, I was wearing my Join the rebellion shirt, she saw it, I said Hello, as friendly as possible, she said something like "rebels can't be trusted" another officer I asked how he was doing while I was live streaming, he stared into the camera and moved away without a word.
They are really intimidating

yep, I was wearing my Join the rebellion shirt, she saw it, I said Hello, as friendly as possible, she said something like "rebels can't be trusted" another officer I asked how he was doing while I was live streaming, he stared into the camera and moved away without a word.
How about you tell them you’ll spy for them? :)

Yep...like I told DH....forget Kylo Ren. Officers Dylan and Sebastian were much scarier. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter