Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

OMG, it's the best ride on the planet right now. By far. Effects were amazing, surprises, and the live actors just made it so special. One cm before we got the interrogation room yelled at my husband to put his phone away LOL. After the ride I said forget kylo Ren, Dylan is the far scarier adversary😂

The CM live actors MAKE this attraction. One guy next to me in line actually said, he felt like he did something wrong and was getting in trouble lol

Yes, the cast members are incredible, i really hope they're able to keep this level of interaction and not get "disneyfied" because they're menacing and a bit intimidating. That's what makes that whole portion of the attraction come to life
I tried making conversation with one and he said "you're awfully chipper for someone's who's about to be interrogated"
I'll post my full thoughts a bit later. But yeah, this attraction doesn't disappoint and can't really be overhyped

How is the ending with the escape pod? I've been reading about it online. We're visiting in January and I am concerned that it will be too much for my two boys who are too afraid to even ride Big Thunder. They can handle Pirates and Frozen Ever After, although they don't love the drops there and start to get anxious when they're approaching.

How is the ending with the escape pod? I've been reading about it online. We're visiting in January and I am concerned that it will be too much for my two boys who are too afraid to even ride Big Thunder. They can handle Pirates and Frozen Ever After, although they don't love the drops there and start to get anxious when they're approaching.
Its super easy. The "drop" is less than pirates level.

Ok here's my very long review:
I think the first word that I said was "massive" it's so big, seriously mind blowing to me. The queue is set up wonderfully and if you have read Black Spire book by Delilah Dawson you will see some familiar things in the cave portion of the queue. Plenty to see and also remember that you can play with the datapad if stuck in that portion of the queue.
My experience fluently took me straight into the preshow room with Rey and BB8 so I didn't really have a lot of times in the caves
Absolutely loved the Rey hologram, again, so big.
The first ride vehicle was a nice surprise, beautifully done. The Bek AA again impressive. You can get so close to him and then the big Star Destroyer hangar reveal.
I made the mistake to try and ask a first order CM how long we could stay in that room and he said "proceed immediately to the interrogation chamber" very serious, but I think you could take some time in here taking pictures. As I was staring out into space I couldn't help but think about the Starcruiser hotel and how epic those windows right in your room are going to be.
Now I would love for the queue in this portion to go faster between the hangar room and the interrogation cell. I rode the ride 4 times, first was 7am and it was basically empty so that portion wasn't too long but the other 3 I spent 30 to 40 min in there. Not sure if this will be the average wait or it's just because of the technical difficulties
Again the CM makes this experience, honestly intimidating. One spotted my Resistance shirt and said "ugh all you rebels are so weak, we will the get the information from you in no time"
The cell room was another fun reveal for me, how the Resistance busts the door open to help us escape.
Now for the 2nd ride vehicle, the escape pod, I love that it's a party of 8 onlyy, the seats are a bit tight but not uncomfortable. The first time I rode it was with Craig from the DisUnplugged and he and I were comfortable (he's tall I'm chubby) wow, wow, wow
this whole portion is just incredible, again massive actual sets, is that a real person, is it an animatronic, is it a screen? it took me 3 rides to finally see Finn when climbing the elevator during the AT AT portion
and the the little drop, seriously less than 2 secs (third ride mechanism) into the 4th ride mechanism, the simulator portion, about 2 minutes long. This would be the only portion that I think people with motion sickness might get a bit queasy but it doesn't last very long.
Total time for me for the 3 rides that had the longer wait times was about an hour.
I read someone saying that if attractions were songs this would be Bohemian Rhapsody with the different tunes and elements :) so true. And I got to meeet Scott Trowbridge and thank him in person for the incredible job him and everyone invloved did on this

having experienced the ride a few times i can say at face value this ride is impressive however the various elements of the ride are nothing groundbreaking really and have been utilised at other disney rides. rides such as pooh’s hunny hunt, mystic manor and PotC sunken treasure are far much more superb

there's no approach to the drop, like no going up and then waiting for it to fall. It's literally like getting in a room and jumping, it happens to me often when I'm sleeping that you fall, something like that

having experienced the ride a few times i can say at face value this ride is impressive however the various elements of the ride are nothing groundbreaking really and have been utilised at other disney rides. rides such as pooh’s hunny hunt, mystic manor and PotC sunken treasure are far much more superb
None of the things you mentioned are here at WDW or in The continental united States for that matter so for Us it is groundbreaking.

One of the things that seems to be confusing people the most—and excites me the most—is this ride's approach to the notion of queuing. The distinction between "ride," "pre-show," and "queue" breaks down. In a sense even the transport to the star destroyer is a sort of pre-show, and the detention is a sort of queue (a literal "holding" area). But really that's doing their immersion a disservice, and the fact is that the "riding" and the "queuing" have been broken into multiple chunks. This goes way beyond FOP's or 7DMT's themed queues (admittedly beautiful/awesome), where you might still wait hours for a ride of a few minutes; here some of your wait time is the ride. (It even "themes" your waiting—of course it's unpleasant; you're under arrest!) It will be interesting to see how this impacts metrics of wait times—it's not just "first you wait and then you ride"; here it's "you wait and then you ride and then you move and then you wait and then you ride." I'll take that any day.

I'm here to ask about the "drop" too. I ride Splash - but don't like the drop at all. I love the roller coasters, but won't ride ToT. I am nervous that I will be so nervous about the drop that I can't relax and enjoy all the stuff that happens before it. Help?

I'm here to ask about the "drop" too. I ride Splash - but don't like the drop at all. I love the roller coasters, but won't ride ToT. I am nervous that I will be so nervous about the drop that I can't relax and enjoy all the stuff that happens before it. Help?
Im just like you, hate splash and tot. I can 100% guarantee you'll be fine. It's honestly less than 2 seconds

Im just like you, hate splash and tot. I can 100% guarantee you'll be fine. It's honestly less than 2 seconds

Thank you! Won't get to experience it until January but this completely puts me at ease. I will stop reading spoilers now :)

I haven't rode it yet and won't for a while unfortunately but it's cool how it sounds like the queue for the ride is basically it's own full experience. It doesn't just sound like a queue with some neat looking things to look at. It seems like the wait is part of the ride itself. With that said it sounds like the cast members are big part of why it feels like that. Do you think that will remain consistent? Does the boarding group system limit the amount of people in the queue? If so, what would happen to the interactive feeling of the queue when you have massive amounts of people waiting hours in line?

I haven't rode it yet and won't for a while unfortunately but it's cool how it sounds like the queue for the ride is basically it's own full experience. It doesn't just sound like a queue with some neat looking things to look at. It seems like the wait is part of the ride itself. With that said it sounds like the cast members are big part of why it feels like that. Do you think that will remain consistent? Does the boarding group system limit the amount of people in the queue? If so, what would happen to the interactive feeling of the queue when you have massive amounts of people waiting hours in line?
CM are not in the entire queue, only in specific spots. In those spots you will get the interaction while you wait. I'm really hoping the acting stays consistent and people understand that they are First Order and they are not going to smile, or be friendly

The videos look amazing and love the CMs.
Can't wait till spring when we will be there.
By then, they should hopefully have the bugs worked out.

CM are not in the entire queue, only in specific spots. In those spots you will get the interaction while you wait. I'm really hoping the acting stays consistent and people understand that they are First Order and they are not going to smile, or be friendly

Ah ok that makes sense. So in the areas with the CMs, is the number of people allowed in those areas at one time controlled?

Watched the POV vids. I sort of wish they had the ride with and without the music. I know it's for mood setting, but I would really like to just ride it without pumping music throughout the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!