Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

Can someone please explain to me what part of the ride might seem dangerous for a pregnant woman? Is it super jerky back and forth? I don't see a drop like Maelstrom limiting me? Just curious about the perspective from some other people who have ridden and please.....I place no responsibility on your input, I'm just curious.

Can someone please explain to me what part of the ride might seem dangerous for a pregnant woman? Is it super jerky back and forth? I don't see a drop like Maelstrom limiting me? Just curious about the perspective from some other people who have ridden and please.....I place no responsibility on your input, I'm just curious.

It's actually a very smooth ride, but there is one "elevator" drop. I was honestly expecting more- ala Tower of Terror, and was actually disappointed by how not steep it was...

It's actually a very smooth ride, but there is one "elevator" drop. I was honestly expecting more- ala Tower of Terror, and was actually disappointed by how not steep it was...
Thank you, that is helpful. Maybe I'll have my husband go on it first and see what he thinks.

Thank you, that is helpful. Maybe I'll have my husband go on it first and see what he thinks.

The drop is about two seconds. There’s a fair amount of turning quickly. One of the preshow elements is a bit bumpy; you remain standing for it though, so it’s not extremely bumpy. No idea if it’s enough to warrant concern for pregnant women.

Yesterday Rise did the entire experience. Today reports are Rise is skipping some pre-show aspects. I hope that doesn’t remain.

Really hoping that changes. Maybe with VQ they'll be able to spread out a bit more and can do entire show.

The drop is about two seconds. There’s a fair amount of turning quickly. One of the preshow elements is a bit bumpy; you remain standing for it though, so it’s not extremely bumpy. No idea if it’s enough to warrant concern for pregnant women.

Thanks for the additional info. I actually go the ok from my OB to go on Splash and ROTR so I'm super excited!

And face shield
I certainly want the CMs and guests to be safe, but this will be a big factor in our decision on when to return. As long as CMs in character are wearing masks, that pretty much destroys the immersion for a lot of attractions. I've had to wait this long for ROTR. I will wait longer until there's no pandemic outbreak within the First Order's borders.

I certainly want the CMs and guests to be safe, but this will be a big factor in our decision on when to return. As long as CMs in character are wearing masks, that pretty much destroys the immersion for a lot of attractions. I've had to wait this long for ROTR. I will wait longer until there's no pandemic outbreak within the First Order's borders.

Honestly this was my first time riding and I think the masks really hurt the ride's enjoyability. Right now, I can honestly say I like FoP much better.

I guess I really need to watch a POV. However, we rode it 3 times over the last week, and it seems like something is missing. It felt more like the wait in various lines in different rooms ride. We like Smugglers better. Are we missing something? Is there supposed to be something happening in the big docking bay with all of the troopers? We basically went into that room for a minute maybe each time.

I guess I really need to watch a POV. However, we rode it 3 times over the last week, and it seems like something is missing. It felt more like the wait in various lines in different rooms ride. We like Smugglers better. Are we missing something? Is there supposed to be something happening in the big docking bay with all of the troopers? We basically went into that room for a minute maybe each time.
The experience is greatly improved if from the first pre show room you follow through ther test I'd the experience with minimal stoppage
The big room (star destroyer room) is cool for the fact of it's grandeur , all the troopers and the tie fighter. If you flow from the pre show to the interrogation room and escape the entire story just makes sense.
Glad you liked smugglers, I'll let a certain CM know :)

Rode it twice this weekend. It was exactly the same as before, complete with preshows. Yes, the CM's are wearing masks and face shields (this is Disney policy if a CM is interacting closely with guests). It was still really fun - the masks don't take away from the experience at all IMO. The only downside to the face shields is it's just so hard to hear CM's in them. Luckily, this isn't a problem in Rise since in places like the interrogation loading/waiting area it's very quiet and easy to hear them. It's worse in places like QS or gift shops. I would maybe say that it would be improved if they had more "in theme" face shields, so instead of the same ones all CMs wear they could be a little more costume-y, but again, didn't take away from the experience at all! I wore a Disney/Batuu bound, complete with a Resistance pin, and was told "For a spy, you're not very subtle" which made me laugh.

That sounds normal to me. The times I've ridden it the line is pretty minimal/quick, and I don't stop at all in the big Stormtrooper room except to look around for a minute. The preshows, like in other rides, really are mostly queue disguised as part of the ride, but they're (in my opinion) exceptionally done in Rise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!