Rise of the Resistance...ride discussion (spoilers)

I got BG1 for my aunt and cousin (and I) today, and we immediately rode it. I liked it better in a group with them. Our droid wasn't working, and neither was the sound in the cart, so when we got off they let us start from the interrogation scene and ride it again. Which was awesome! The CMs joked about how they had just seen us, which added some good flavor. And the droid really adds to the whole thing. We died laughing when Kylo is cutting through the roof and the droid does the R2D2 freak out scream.

Yeah, my impression of the ride went up quite a bit now.

Even though I've ridden this quite a few times, I am so looking forward to Sept when some of my best friends who are huge SW fans are coming down to ride it

They were supposed to come in March (the week after closure) and April, but thanks rona.

I've been looking forward to see their faces and reactions for so long now.

I'm hoping they have the same reaction as I did when going into the AT-AT room "holy *bleep*"

Even though I've ridden this quite a few times, I am so looking forward to Sept when some of my best friends who are huge SW fans are coming down to ride it

They were supposed to come in March (the week after closure) and April, but thanks rona.

I've been looking forward to see their faces and reactions for so long now.

I'm hoping they have the same reaction as I did when going into the AT-AT room "holy *bleep*"
That will be so fun!
Was really hoping to bring our adult son and his GF this summer to DHS to ride it and also simply see GE and sad that's not going to happen. They are huge SW fans as well.
The rest of the family has ridden it 2.5 times (one of the days we were there in January, we were evacuated twice but got up to interrogation one of the times and past Rey the other). Can't wait to try it again and hope we get the other angle (we had the orange/silver rows so saw the same perspective twice).
I think we'll still have the holy *bleep* reaction whatever we get next time :).

I just rode for the first time last Saturday (8/1), and have a fun experience to share. While in line for the interrogation room, the 40" height requirement gauge was nearby and a child was measured (he passed). I said that it's a Jawa checker. A first order officer came over and asked "What would you know about Jawas?"

As a Star Wars fan and Mechanical Engineer, I replied "I know Jawas are 1 meter tall, and that 1 meter equals 39.4 inches. Therefore, that's a Jawa checker!"

Also added "But why is the First Order using inches in this facility, when the rest of the galaxy uses the metric system?"

I was told to be quiet and get back in line. The officer then went over and told an associate about the discussion. It's fun to see that they were amused, even without breaking character. :)

I just rode for the first time last Saturday (8/1), and have a fun experience to share. While in line for the interrogation room, the 40" height requirement gauge was nearby and a child was measured (he passed). I said that it's a Jawa checker. A first order officer came over and asked "What would you know about Jawas?"

As a Star Wars fan and Mechanical Engineer, I replied "I know Jawas are 1 meter tall, and that 1 meter equals 39.4 inches. Therefore, that's a Jawa checker!"

Also added "But why is the First Order using inches in this facility, when the rest of the galaxy uses the metric system?"

I was told to be quiet and get back in line. The officer then went over and told an associate about the discussion. It's fun to see that they were amused, even without breaking character. :)

I'm sure one positive about the masks for the CMs is no can see if they are breaking character by smiling or not

Unless you watch the eyes. :) I can still tell when my coworkers are smiling.
Yeah it really depends on the person...when I smile with a mask you can 100% tell in my eyes, my husband, you can’t tell at all. In fact we swore he was lying and not smiling because there was no change in his eyes, we had to take some pictures to prove it!

So rode ROTR again yesterday in B mode. That mode is so seamless I didn't realize we missed some of the normal effects until one of my friends mentioned it after getting off.

We had the lightsaber cutting through the ceiling scene yesterday. We also had the kylo in the ship scene, but I don't know what's "normal" for that scene so couldn't tell you if anything was missing.

In January, the Kylo scene mode B was a screen I believe (we rode 2x in January, DH said once it was a screen, the other it wasn't. I was too awed to catch the difference). If it's the same part, I agree with @LizzyDragon it was seamless. We did see the lightsaber though. On our trip last week I paid closer attention and we saw the animatronic for this scene. It's all just so cool.

The 3x we've ridden, we've always been on orange/silver. I hope someday to ride it from the other red/blue perspective. Is it very different?

In January, the Kylo scene mode B was a screen I believe (we rode 2x in January, DH said once it was a screen, the other it wasn't. I was too awed to catch the difference). If it's the same part, I agree with @LizzyDragon it was seamless. We did see the lightsaber though. On our trip last week I paid closer attention and we saw the animatronic for this scene. It's all just so cool.

The 3x we've ridden, we've always been on orange/silver. I hope someday to ride it from the other red/blue perspective. Is it very different?

Have you gone up 2 different ways in the AT-AT room? There's one way where you go to the side, and the other where you go in front of one and it's starting right at you

Have you gone up 2 different ways in the AT-AT room? There's one way where you go to the side, and the other where you go in front of one and it's starting right at you
No, it's been the same every time and we've gone up from the side.

The biggest differences are the probe droid, which Finn you see, and where you go up relative to the walker. The rest is just slightly different due to a slightly different position.

The videos of the stormtroopers in the AT-AT room were not working today. Could hear them yelling to fire at us and then just saw flashes of light where their guns would have been. I probably wouldn't have noticed if we hadn't already ridden it before. Also did not see the troopers inside the AT-AT.

I avoided all spoilers before riding in Oct, (which was SO, so, so very stressful worrying about getting that BG,) Got BG 18. Must've been bad day for the ride though, as they didn't start boarding until 10:30ish, and BG called around noon, and I think they only got into the 60s. What I am realizing now that is that I think we completely missed the preshow. We did not get to see Rey's hologram, or anything from Poe, nothing like that. , so is the Rey hologram the preshow???? We're going back in Nov, and will try for BGs again, and hope we get on at least one of our HS days, and hope we get the full ride.

Last edited:
I certainly want the CMs and guests to be safe, but this will be a big factor in our decision on when to return. As long as CMs in character are wearing masks, that pretty much destroys the immersion for a lot of attractions. I've had to wait this long for ROTR. I will wait longer until there's no pandemic outbreak within the First Order's borders.

So, I obviously changed my stance about holding off on visiting. In retrospect, the CMs being in masks and face shields wasn't overly distracting to me. But I did have a hard time hearing instructions on many rides.

Sorry if this has been asked. Has any tried giving up the location of the rebel base? I told my wife on our second ride that as soon as we were Boarded I wanted to yell Pikara!!! She gave me the stank eye. I was really tempted but didnt want to ruin anything for those around me haha.

The whole queue there are announcements to keep the base secret amd the star destroyer part the CMs say they will get the info. So wondering what happens if you give it to em haha.
I think you should've said something like, "I'll tell you the location as long as you exterminate the rest of the group! I don't need anyone telling the Rebels I was the snitch!"

When we went, the First Order officer was asking the first person in the group what color they were standing on. We were on yellow/gold. He didn't ask us, but I whispered to my daughter to tell him it looks green to her. He also yelled at a kid for leaning on the wall instead of standing on the colored dot and facing forward. I pushed my daughter off the dot, but the officer didn't notice.

Things to do next time...
Tell them that the base is on Dantooine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts