Rise of the Resistance standby only for now- share thoughts and experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
I assume no since They are very slow w/ updating how things are going to work. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thanks

There is no news. All attention is towards how the new park reservation system will work.

I'm worried they'll cut down the experience and skip a certain portion of the ride (I don't want to say what part for those that don't want to be spoiled)

I'm worried they'll cut down the experience and skip a certain portion of the ride (I don't want to say what part for those that don't want to be spoiled)
I don't think so at all-I think they would just not reopen ROTR before they would do that-JMO.

We are so hoping that we get to ride this time...
In March we were there two days before the shut down and it was crazy busy

I bet they will be special ROTR masks made just for the ROTR actors!
I saw some wonderful color-coordinated masks on some characters walking around in videos at Universal Studios for socially distant meet & greets (them waving at you basically), and I don't understand why WDW doesn't go in for this. I would love to see what the costume people can do for any and all characters, esp the princesses! They could sell replicas.

I think Standby is going to be a nightmare even with reduced capacity.

There's portions of the experience (if they have them still) they won't be able to fully load. Which is going to cause a backup

Am I the only one happy that we don’t have to get up at the crack of dawn for a board pass right now?! I mean.... the park opens at 10. Nice to finally be able to experience this not completely exhausted!

I think for those going and able to get a park reservation for DHS (that seems to be the quickest to go - the first three days it is open is already full for the resort guest allotment) it will be so much nicer to not have to deal with getting a boarding oass

I do wondering if a lot of people will still "rope drop" the park to get in line for RotR and if that creates social distancing issues at the front of the park.

I think for those going and able to get a park reservation for DHS (that seems to be the quickest to go - the first three days it is open is already full for the resort guest allotment) it will be so much nicer to not have to deal with getting a boarding oass

I do wondering if a lot of people will still "rope drop" the park to get in line for RotR and if that creates social distancing issues at the front of the park.

As long as there is a cool ride, they will always rope drop. 😂

It’s just nice to have one less thing to worry about. My mom hasn’t seen any of Star Wars land yet and it’ll be nice to experience it with lower crowds. The last few times I went it was wall to wall insanity to the point that I looked at my Dad and said “I’ve had enough Star Wars.” 😂

Am I the only one happy that we don’t have to get up at the crack of dawn for a board pass right now?! I mean.... the park opens at 10. Nice to finally be able to experience this not completely exhausted!
Oh my goodness, NO - you are not the only one happy about it. We are absolutely delighted. It's the only attraction in Disney history that didn't have a standby line. The virtual queue setup was a disaster for those not with an entire party willing to get up at sunrise. I'm so looking forward to a chance to actually wait in line and do the attraction (if things allow for that). I'm REALLY looking forward to when they might bring back FPs and include ROTR.

It seemed like a no-brainer that it would have to be standby. They certainly were not going to continue with the sunrise crowds waiting for a boarding pass. We were there the last weekend Disney was open in March - outside and just inside HS was the least socially distanced crowds you ever wanted to see. They can't have crowds forming like that for some time to come.

I think Standby is going to be a nightmare even with reduced capacity.

There's portions of the experience (if they have them still) they won't be able to fully load. Which is going to cause a backup
That's likely to be true for many attractions. Way less people, but perhaps longer waits is counter-intuitive - but is likely to be the case sometimes.

As long as there is a cool ride, they will always rope drop. 😂

It’s just nice to have one less thing to worry about. My mom hasn’t seen any of Star Wars land yet and it’ll be nice to experience it with lower crowds. The last few times I went it was wall to wall insanity to the point that I looked at my Dad and said “I’ve had enough Star Wars.” 😂

I fully expect the first few days to have a substantial rope drop crowd - hopefully word gets out that crowds are low and you don't need to do that to get on the ride (if you have a reservation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!