Rita? suppose to be leaving Thurs

Vals

Mouseketeer
Hi , im suppose to be leaving thurs am for a long weekend-staying @ SSR, until Sunday. Just wondering if I should cancel because of Rita?

No. I haven't looked at the latest track, but earlier today it was forecast to maintain a southerly track.

Have fun! :drinking:

MG

It looks like it will be in the Gulf by then, so don't worry.

Yep it's s'posed to be heading for Houston or there abouts - we're waiting to be told to evacuate - we live on galveston bay - I wonder if we could evacuate to WDW ;)

Rita became a hurricane about two hours ago, and is currently moving through the Florida Strait between the Florida Keys and Cuba.

We are currently getting some strong bands in Miami, with heavy rain and 40-60 MPH winds, but WDW has probably already seen the worst they will see from Rita. Actually, Rita may pull out any ugliness and you may have beautiful weather.

There is no expected tropical development for the next several days, so you should be fine.

Aaargh! Enough tropical storms, already.

I hope you don't experience any destruction Jim. We just found out that relatives around Miami experienced $70,000 worth of damage due to Katrina.

Bobbi :grouphug:

Vals said:
Hi , im suppose to be leaving thurs am for a long weekend-staying @ SSR, until Sunday. Just wondering if I should cancel because of Rita?

No, don't cancel. Rita will be well to the south of WDW. We'll be at SSR this weekend also.

No hurricanes around Orlando for at least two weeks. Its a rule.

Leaving Saturday for VWL.

we are supposed to leave DFW airport at 4:30pm on Saturday so I am more worried about Rita here than anywhere else.

So far our airline isn't being helpful with rearranging plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter