River cruises - dinner attire?

mathgeek

DIS Veteran
I'm sure someone has mentioned this in a TR or someplace, but I wasn't able to find it easily via search.

On the ABD river cruises, what is the expected attire for dinner? I've been on several DCL cruises and always dress up for dinner. Is it similar to that? More casual? Just thinking about how much I'll need to pack.

Thanks!

I saw everything from jeans and a t-shirt to fully decked out fancy pants clothing. It's a very relaxed atmosphere (which I loved).

I would say more casual than a typical Disney cruise but most people did change out of the clothes they had been wearing during the day. I would say most guys had on polo shirts or dress shirts. Women were wearing a range from nice jeans to sun dresses. A few people were a bit dressier but nothing like formal night on a cruise.

Very casual. Except for the dinner at the Chef's table. People usually dressed business casual or a little nicer for that.

I forgot about that! Everyone definitely was a step up from the regular dining room attire.

We were on the July 2 Rhine, and it totally varied. I was in capris and t-shirts, since we went carry on only and had been to London and Paris before the cruise, so my choices were very limited. Other people were dressed up a bit, but sort of cruise casual. I saw jeans to dresses, but it wasn't a big deal and no one made any kind of point about dressing for dinner or whatever except if you went to the Chef's table, as someone else said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!