Rivers of Light/ AK FP+ question

epcotty

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company
Haven't been to AK for a while, so now wondering: Is a FP still necessary for ROL if you don't want to wait an extremely long time? Would be nice to not be limited on FPs due to the show. Also please refresh my memory: where are the FP kiosks/stations in AK? I don't recall seeing them last time and smartphone went out and am now using regular cell phone (can get internet but don't know how well it'd do on the site)

Also please refresh my memory: where are the FP kiosks/stations in AK?

You might want to bring along a small portable phone charger. According to the TP site:

Animal Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
You can make additional FastPass+ reservations using the My Disney Experience mobile app, or with the FastPass+ kiosks located throughout the park:
  • Near Island Mercantile on Discovery Island
  • Near Kali River Rapids in Asia
  • Near Kilimanjaro Safaris in Africa

I would recommend either using a FP+ or getting one of the ROL dining packages. When we were there in late August (low crowds), the standby line was very long and they went to standing room only about 15 minutes before the show started. We had FP+ and were happy we weren't in the standby line. If you really don't want to use a 3rd FP+ on it, I would definitely consider a dining package.

DH & I did ROL last week for the first time and did the dining package. Our dining was at the Tusker House. We felt that our dining was not worth the cost. I doubt we will go that route again. We may try stand-by or use a FP next time.

Tusker House used to be a must do for us, but lately it has been bleh. I thought it was just us. We did FP+ for the show and that was a good way to go. If you don't mind the late show you can usually get a FP for ROL midday.

The cost for the 2 of us was way too much for what it was & we didn't even see all the characters, not that it was a game changer. We'll try for a FP next time.

I'd get there about 45-60 min before showtime. No longer is standby full 60-75 min before showtime.

But just like Fantasmic, you don't want to show up 5-10 min before showtime

DH & I did ROL last week for the first time and did the dining package. Our dining was at the Tusker House. We felt that our dining was not worth the cost. I doubt we will go that route again. We may try stand-by or use a FP next time.

We are doing the Tusker package with ROL 1st Show. Can you say more about the food? Also, what time is 1st show? And is it outdoors or indoors? We’ve never been.

We did the Tusker House dining package in Sept. We used to love TH, but it wasn't as good as it used to be. We got a late breakfast (10:50 a.m. so they brought out lunch food as soon as we had gotten plates of breakfast food, so that was good. The service was..... kind of terrible. 4 y.o. g-baby spilled her juice and no one ever came to help us clean up. We didn't see our waiter until he brought the check. The characters were totally fun. Daisy leads a parade around the dining room. I love their safari clothes. The best part of the Tusker House dining package was the seating for RoL. Excellent view, minimal wait.

We are doing the Tusker package with ROL 1st Show. Can you say more about the food? Also, what time is 1st show? And is it outdoors or indoors? We’ve never been.

The show is outside. Times change, ours was at 8 or 830 but it was summertime. The breakfast food is sausage, bacon, eggs, waffles, pastries, yogurt, fruit... Lunch they have a carving station, seemed like a lot of meat (we are vegetarian) but also samosas, some tofu dish, green bean something or other, lots of variety.

Animal Kingdom was packed yesterday (12/14) but I saw fast passes for the 7:05 show up until the moment it started on the App.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter