Rivera - is it worth splitting contract?

Sheriff1

Earning My Ears
Whilst waiting for our VGF resale contract to go through ROFR I starting considering Rivera more, and now Disney has taken the VGF I am considering it even more. I obviously hope I don’t need to sell, but you never know so if I were to purchase 100 points would it be worth splitting this into 2 50 point contracts? Or is 100 points already ‘small’ enough?

The key is that with 100 points direct bought now you would be eligible for the blue card benefits as that is the minimum.

I have read that for new members, they will not split RIV into 2 50s, but that may have changed,

However, if you did ever sell one of those contracts, you’d no longer have the benefits and would now need to get to whatever the new minimum is,

IMO, the difference would be small and given the extra closing costs for doing it may not be worth it.

I would split if you can. It's a non-issue when you book and it gives you flexibility if you want less Disney down the road.

See what the cost difference is for extra closing costs, figure out the PP difference and if it's less than $10 no harm in splitting as you likely would see that different long term.

Flip side I would also check Fixed Weeks and see if your fixed week for a studio might be an option for you?

I wouldn't. It's money now so that you can maybe get a little more money later - maybe in 10 years, maybe in 30, hopefully never. Future you will hopefully be in a better financial position than current you (statistically you are likely to be, at least), and will probably be able to absorb the $6 a point or whatever better than you can absorb the added closing costs now. 100 points sells at a pretty good premium to the broader market already and with rooms so expensive at Riviera, is more like a 70 point contract at most resorts in how many room nights it gets you.

Whilst waiting for our VGF resale contract to go through ROFR I starting considering Rivera more, and now Disney has taken the VGF I am considering it even more. I obviously hope I don’t need to sell, but you never know so if I were to purchase 100 points would it be worth splitting this into 2 50 point contracts? Or is 100 points already ‘small’ enough?
Yes I would split them into two 50's. I am thinking about doing that myself...still on the fence

I personally would not split into 50s. I had the chance when I bought 200 and I split into 2 100 contracts because I don't think there's a significant enough resale difference.

If you were buying 200 points then splitting into 50 at least gives options to sell 50 or 100. But keeping only 50 won't get you very far booking Riv with high point requirements per night.

Another thing to consider with Riv is that min blue card is jumping to 125 and that's going to push many who would have only purchased 100 to purchase 125. That'll put you in a smaller group of people with 100 points, thus effectively making 100 points a smaller contract.

Thanks everyone! I spoke to Disney - it shouldn’t surprise me that they’re very easy to get hold of, but it did. They have dropped the incentives but with $8 off 150 (new member) I can split into 3 contracts of 50 each and they said there would be no closing costs so considering 150..

Thanks everyone! I spoke to Disney - it shouldn’t surprise me that they’re very easy to get hold of, but it did. They have dropped the incentives but with $8 off 150 (new member) I can split into 3 contracts of 50 each and they said there would be no closing costs so considering 150..

Nice! Someone posted that the current incentives included closing costs to be waived, That makes the splitting an easier decision because it’s not costing more,

It is also good to hear they are allowing you as a new owner to get the 50 point ones! Congrats!

If there are no closing costs than let me revise my previous statement - its a no brainer - split it up as much as they’ll let you. 6 25s or 5 30s sounds good.

I wasn’t sure if they’d still cover all closing costs if splitting, which would be over $1000 for us, and I’m not sure the guide was either, but came back with a yes. So it makes that decision a whole lot easier even if has pushed us from 100 to 150. We do need at least 150 and were going to add on via resale, but having no incentives and paying another $750 on closing for splitting on 100 looks less and less appealing!

I wasn’t sure if they’d still cover all closing costs if splitting, which would be over $1000 for us, and I’m not sure the guide was either, but came back with a yes. So it makes that decision a whole lot easier even if has pushed us from 100 to 150. We do need at least 150 and were going to add on via resale, but having no incentives and paying another $750 on closing for splitting on 100 looks less and less appealing!
If closing costs were $1000 on 150 point purchase, that’s like getting another $6.67 off per point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter