RIVERS OF LIGHT DINING PACKAGES

Does anyone know if they will be adding park hours for the fall? Right now it is scheduled until 7pm all of October...If they do, will it be every night? And does ROL show everyday? Trying to plan parks! and need one more ADR!?!

It looks like ROL in September is on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday.

My Disney travel agent is not even sure if these ROL dining packages will continue after September since most kids will be back in school and holiday entertainment will start to take over from September-December. :(

My Disney travel agent is not even sure if these ROL dining packages will continue after September since most kids will be back in school and holiday entertainment will start to take over from September-December. :(
I guess I would be more inclined to believe this if they did the same thing with Fantasmic dining packages.

I guess I would be more inclined to believe this if they did the same thing with Fantasmic dining packages.

I hope it's not true - she is just speculating based on what the CM told her when she called. Apparently, the CM told her they don't know if they will continue doing them after the summer is over. I'm hoping that seeing dates in September means this is not true!

Hmm I really hope not! Disney would be making much more money off of me if they force me to have a 3-course meal at Tiffins rather than just an entree and the time I would have to wait in line to secure a decent RoL spot could be used shopping. Lets hope your TA spoke with one of the phone CMs that are notoriously wrong :)

I'm waiting, not at all patiently, for both Fantasmic! and RoL dining packages for the week before Xmas.

When I called Disney Dining about Fantasmic! packages the CM told me that they just haven't been released yet but that Fantasmic! is scheduled for 7pm on the day I want so I'm hopeful that Disney will catch up soon and also tht is a good sign for RoL

I booked tusker house in dec im hoping i can rebook it as the river of light package when they release it!

I'm waiting, not at all patiently, for both Fantasmic! and RoL dining packages for the week before Xmas.

When I called Disney Dining about Fantasmic! packages the CM told me that they just haven't been released yet but that Fantasmic! is scheduled for 7pm on the day I want so I'm hopeful that Disney will catch up soon and also tht is a good sign for RoL

Are they holding Fantasmic just for the Christmas dates? We go late Nov into Dec and definitely had Fantasmic choices. I'm with you on waiting on ROL.

I was able to book a Fantasmic package for December 14th. I'm now waiting to see it the Pixar show will be extended so I can call and exchange the F! for a F!+Pixar package.

I booked tusker house in dec im hoping i can rebook it as the river of light package when they release it!

I've never done this, but seeing how the dining packages are being released way after the 180 day mark, I'm thinking this is a good idea. How do you rebook a regular dining reservation into a dining package? Just call Disney Dining? Curious if anyone has done this and knows how it all works - thanks!

I've never done this, but seeing how the dining packages are being released way after the 180 day mark, I'm thinking this is a good idea. How do you rebook a regular dining reservation into a dining package? Just call Disney Dining? Curious if anyone has done this and knows how it all works - thanks!
You have to book a completely new reservation. If you have Tusker House at 12 and there is nothing open under the package for Tusker House at 12, you cannot just convert your current ADR to one. Some have reported successful attempts at cancelling the original and then re-booking under the package, but its not 100% foolproof.

For those booking dining reservations hoping to convert to dining packages, just a reminder that it doesn't work that way. When you want to "convert" them, basically, the CM will cancel your existing resv and book the package. Unless you plan to eat there regardless of whether or not you can get the package, it really doesn't give you any kind of advantage - kind of like booking a resort with hopes of "converting" to a discounted reservation. There has to be availability to take advantage of the new reservation. They "rebook" - they don't "convert".

You have to book a completely new reservation. If you have Tusker House at 12 and there is nothing open under the package for Tusker House at 12, you cannot just convert your current ADR to one. Some have reported successful attempts at cancelling the original and then re-booking under the package, but its not 100% foolproof.

For those booking dining reservations hoping to convert to dining packages, just a reminder that it doesn't work that way. When you want to "convert" them, basically, the CM will cancel your existing resv and book the package. Unless you plan to eat there regardless of whether or not you can get the package, it really doesn't give you any kind of advantage - kind of like booking a resort with hopes of "converting" to a discounted reservation. There has to be availability to take advantage of the new reservation. They "rebook" - they don't "convert".

Good to know - thanks!

Question then on this. Do you know if they hold a certain amount of reservations back for the dining package? I currently have Tusker House breakfast reserved on Oct 1st for 5. Is it possible for them to fill up before they release the package? I currently do not see any available for 5 on that morning. Otherwise it would seem very difficult to book this package, when the restaurants all fill up more than 2 months before they allow you to book it?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!