ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew the buyer had 10 days thought you lost your deposit.

Only after 10 days...not sure if it’s just a Florida thing or with timeshares in general. But gives people a chance to get out probably meant for the people who sign right after a great vacation then get home and regret it.

It states in the contract that both buyer or seller have 10 days from the moment you sign, after the seller or buyer has agreed to purchase price, to cancel. Must be done in writing. No penalties a that point. Anything after 10 days, you forfeit the deposit.

It states in the contract that both buyer or seller have 10 days from the moment you sign, after the seller or buyer has agreed to purchase price, to cancel. Must be done in writing. No penalties a that point. Anything after 10 days, you forfeit the deposit.

Depends on the contract.

Depends on the contract.

Right to Cancel a Timeshare in Florida
In Florida, if you buy a timeshare, you can cancel the timeshare contract up until midnight of the 10th calendar day following:

• the date you signed the contract, or
  • the day on which you received the last of all required documents, whichever occurs later. (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 721.10 (1).)
This right of cancellation cannot be waived.

If you want to cancel the purchase contract, you must notify the seller in writing. If you do this, the timeshare company must refund to you the total amount of payments, reduced by the value of any benefits received, within:

• 20 days after it receives your notice of cancellation, or
  • within five days after it receives the funds from your cleared check, whichever is later. (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 721.10 (3).)

Right to Cancel a Timeshare in Florida
In Florida, if you buy a timeshare, you can cancel the timeshare contract up until midnight of the 10th calendar day following:

• the date you signed the contract, or
  • the day on which you received the last of all required documents, whichever occurs later. (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 721.10 (1).)
This right of cancellation cannot be waived.

If you want to cancel the purchase contract, you must notify the seller in writing. If you do this, the timeshare company must refund to you the total amount of payments, reduced by the value of any benefits received, within:

• 20 days after it receives your notice of cancellation, or
  • within five days after it receives the funds from your cleared check, whichever is later. (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 721.10 (3).)

Is that buying resale as well as from a developer?

Long time lurker on the board finally decided to purchase dvc... now the long wait begins
Disneyaholics---$108-$19085-160-AKV-Aug-0/17, 320/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 9/27

Good Luck! That is a nice contract with double points. I was lucky enough to pick up one like that in May at my home resort, with my UY (SSR, June), and I have already used all those points for our trip in March with the kids at VB/CCV.

4Tangled---$95-$24459-243-SSR-Feb-0/17, 0/18, 104/19, 243/20-Delayed close- sent 7/24, taken 8/24

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter