RoL incomplete on 8/22?

cwis

DIS Veteran
We've been watching RoL tonight. Found out on Twitter that Disney Parks was live streaming the event:
https://www.pscp.tv/DisneyParks/1jMKgPZQwwYGL

DW and I didn't really liked the show, BUT upon reading the comments on the live stream, some are saying that tonight's show was incomplete and that some scenes were missing.

Do you think the missing scenes would be important/good enough so that we might change our mind about RoL?
Most probably, we're not going to see RoL again, but I understand RoL is very polarizing, and I'm curious about hearing the opinions of those who do enjoy that show. (I know many of you do!)

The show is only 15 minutes. I didn't notice anything missing.

Personally I really enjoy the show. It's not a major in your face wow type fireworks show but its graceful and fits AK beautifully.

I skimmed through feed after.
Looks like it was all there. That is it.
That is the problem, it has never felt complete, cohesive etc.
So folks feel like a lot is missing ....

I've read a lot of reviews here just bashing this show, but a lot of them didn't seem very justified IMO. I personally loved the livestream and can't wait to see it in person in September. I also love that it's not an "in your face" super loud, super Disney type show. It seems like a lovely, relaxing way to end your day. I think if you have any interest in seeing it, just do it. Worst case, you don't like it and waste 30 min or a fastpass. I wouldn't skip doing something I wanted to just because of people's opinions here. However, I can agree that it lacks a storyline, so I just took it at face value and enjoyed the music, floats, and projections. Maybe my opinion will change when I see it live, but we'll see. Again, this is all just my own opinion and take on it!

I've read a lot of reviews here just bashing this show, but a lot of them didn't seem very justified IMO. I personally loved the livestream and can't wait to see it in person in September. I also love that it's not an "in your face" super loud, super Disney type show. It seems like a lovely, relaxing way to end your day. I think if you have any interest in seeing it, just do it. Worst case, you don't like it and waste 30 min or a fastpass. I wouldn't skip doing something I wanted to just because of people's opinions here. However, I can agree that it lacks a storyline, so I just took it at face value and enjoyed the music, floats, and projections. Maybe my opinion will change when I see it live, but we'll see. Again, this is all just my own opinion and take on it!

Everyone should see everything once. But RoL looks way better in photos and videos than it does in real life. You might like it but a lot of people find it so lackluster and boring.

But make sure to see it for yourself

We've been watching RoL tonight. Found out on Twitter that Disney Parks was live streaming the event:
https://www.pscp.tv/DisneyParks/1jMKgPZQwwYGL

DW and I didn't really liked the show, BUT upon reading the comments on the live stream, some are saying that tonight's show was incomplete and that some scenes were missing.

Do you think the missing scenes would be important/good enough so that we might change our mind about RoL?
Most probably, we're not going to see RoL again, but I understand RoL is very polarizing, and I'm curious about hearing the opinions of those who do enjoy that show. (I know many of you do!)

Yep, dh & I loved the show - watched it twice our last trip. Everyone in our immediate area loved it too. Basically, the only negatives I've heard so far have been on the Dis!!! :(

Yep, dh & I loved the show - watched it twice our last trip. Everyone in our immediate area loved it too. Basically, the only negatives I've heard so far have been on the Dis!!! :(

And I experienced the opposite in the theater. It took an announcement the show was over for folks to realize it. At the end there was a minimal clap as if the show would go on, lights came up and I made point of looking around. Lots of faces of "that's it?" and confusion. Folks sat there as if it couldn't be over. Lots of rumbling as folks walked out.

Many outlets besides DIS have the same opinion. It went through how many previews with negative reviews ... and when they had time to actually address those reviews they didn't. It was clear from Disney they were done working on it and this is what you get until they come up with a new show.

It's great there are many who enjoy it, those folks will be in theater while others get to go on rides. It's all about crowd control for Pandora. Most going to Disney have no idea about anything so they will continue to fill the theater having no knowledge about it. So for Disney it's doing it's job.

I agree with others, everyone should see it once and see for yourself .............. unless you have to give up something you really want (party, ADR, another FP+, another night time show) in order to do it. Then I think if there is something you really want to do that has be forfeited, no it's not worth that.

Last edited:

Everyone should see everything once. But RoL looks way better in photos and videos than it does in real life. You might like it but a lot of people find it so lackluster and boring.

As one who likes this show and has seen it in real life, I disagree. But I think everything looks better in real life than in pictures.

And I experienced the opposite in the theater. It took an announcement the show was over for folks to realize it. At the end there was a minimal clap as if the show would go on, lights came up and I made point of looking around. Lots of faces of "that's it?" and confusion. Folks sat there as if it couldn't be over. Lots of rumbling as folks walked out.

Many outlets besides DIS have the same opinion. It went through how many previews with negative reviews ... and when they had time to actually address those reviews they didn't. It was clear from Disney they were done working on it and this is what you get until they come up with a new show.

It's great there are many who enjoy it, those folks will be in theater while others get to go on rides. It's all about crowd control for Pandora. Most going to Disney have no idea about anything so they will continue to fill the theater having no knowledge about it. So for Disney it's doing it's job.

I agree with others, everyone should see it once and see for yourself .............. unless you have to give up something you really want (party, ADR, another FP+, another night time show) in order to do it. Then I think if there is something you really want to do that has be forfeited, no it's not worth that.

You had your experience - we had ours! We each our experiences and opinions - doesn't make either 100% right or wrong!!! Obviously, we all enjoy different rides, show, etc. All I know is - the seats are filled, and people still line up! Agree to disagree with you.

As one who likes this show and has seen it in real life, I disagree. But I think everything looks better in real life than in pictures.
Me too. Pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. To the point that I wouldn't even bother to watch the live stream of it. You just loose too much definition, even with 60" HDTV
We are fans of RoL. We are not fans of Fantasmic or Illuminations so it's not like we are fans of all nighttime entertainment. We are fine to never see either one of those again but plan to see RoL each trip.
RoL is a lovely laser light dancing water spectacle that we found quite beautiful. It's not flashy or in your face but it is beautiful in a quiet way. It didn't need a big meaningful message. It just needed to be pretty. And we felt it was.
The one area I could do without, and I felt bad because I'm sure they worked hard, were the performers. They are lost in the show. I spent no time looking at them.

I thought it looked like an amazing show in the pictures and promo they showed. I watched it within a month of it debuting when standby was filling up completely full 75+ min ahead. I got there about 90 min ahead of showtime with a FP, watched it, then said "that's it?" when it was over. Then I didn't hear the end of it from my wife since I had hyped it up so much. It was a one and done. I thought the holograms were awesome but outside of that the water screen in the back didn't look good, the people on the boats just felt out of place, it just didn't come together to what I was expecting

I am glad there are people that enjoy the show though.

Me too. Pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. To the point that I wouldn't even bother to watch the live stream of it. You just loose too much definition, even with 60" HDTV
We are fans of RoL. We are not fans of Fantasmic or Illuminations so it's not like we are fans of all nighttime entertainment. We are fine to never see either one of those again but plan to see RoL each trip.
RoL is a lovely laser light dancing water spectacle that we found quite beautiful. It's not flashy or in your face but it is beautiful in a quiet way. It didn't need a big meaningful message. It just needed to be pretty. And we felt it was.
The one area I could do without, and I felt bad because I'm sure they worked hard, were the performers. They are lost in the show. I spent no time looking at them.

Totally agree with your opinion on those three nighttime shows. RoL is the only one that I want to see again (on as many trips as possible).

Then I didn't hear the end of it from my wife since I had hyped it up so much. It was a one and done.
:laughing: Well clearly it's your fault that the production was lacking! Why did you let that happen???;)

Totally agree. This is so true for every attraction and event at WDW. Same for food. I had heard so much about turkey legs, and when we finally tried them, wife & I both thought that they were kinda gross. Our opinion. For others, it is a must do on any trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter