Room distance

Whovillemom

Earning My Ears
Can someone tell me the distance from the main areas from AK standard and BWV standard? I read that BWV standard are far away.

Thank you in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
JH standards are pool view. KV standards are pool and parking lot. BWV standards are along the main drive.

Last edited:
BWV standards can be very convenient to the bus stop if you come out the side door under the turrent. And depending on the location (close to tennis courts) you can have an "easy" walk to Hollywood Studios. Longer walk to the boat dock to Epcot, but not horrible. JH standards also seem roomier than KV standards (I understand that those standards are converted hotel rooms).

BWV standards can be very convenient to the bus stop if you come out the side door under the turrent. And depending on the location (close to tennis courts) you can have an "easy" walk to Hollywood Studios. Longer walk to the boat dock to Epcot, but not horrible. JH standards also seem roomier than KV standards (I understand that those standards are converted hotel rooms).

That is very helpful.

That might be the case with the studios at JH, but not the one or two bedroom villas at KV. Those are larger than JH. The one and two bedroom villas at KV have an extra bathroom at the entrance to the villa. JH only has the one or two bathrooms (depending on the number of beds) and the master bath is not within the master bedroom, but across a hallway from the master bedroom at JH.

That might be the case with the studios at JH, but not the one or two bedroom villas at KV. Those are larger than JH. The one and two bedroom villas at KV have an extra bathroom at the entrance to the villa. JH only has the one or two bathrooms (depending on the number of beds) and the master bath is not within the master bedroom, but across a hallway from the master bedroom at JH.

Thank you. I should have mentioned I'm looking for a studio. There ate two adults and one child.

Thank you. I should have mentioned I'm looking for a studio. There ate two adults and one child.

For some reason, I thought Whovillemom DID say she was looking for a studio....I must have been reading her mind. I was only referring to the studios at JH being larger than the studios at KV. I would never opt for a one-bedroom at Jambo vs. Kidani...that 2nd bathroom is a deal breaker for the same amount of points.

JH standards also seem roomier than KV standards (I understand that those standards are converted hotel rooms).

It's not really about overall space but they have different layouts. Jambo rooms were converted from Deluxe hotel rooms on the 5th and 6th floors. Values were converted standard hotel rooms and are smaller. At Jambo there is a separate room with tub/shower and toilet and just outside of that is the vanity with 2 sinks. Kidani studios have the entire bathroom in a separate room. There is a water closet for the toilet inside of the bathroom with the single sink and tub/shower.

It's not really about overall space but they have different layouts. Jambo rooms were converted from Deluxe hotel rooms on the 5th and 6th floors. Values were converted standard hotel rooms and are smaller. At Jambo there is a separate room with tub/shower and toilet and just outside of that is the vanity with 2 sinks. Kidani studios have the entire bathroom in a separate room. There is a water closet for the toilet inside of the bathroom with the single sink and tub/shower.

Thank you for that explanation. That being said, the room itself in a Jambo standard view studio seems much roomier to me than any other studio I have been in (BWV, BCV, VWL, SSR, BLT, VGF, Auliani, HHI, Kidani)...although the studio at VWL is also pretty comfy too.

Getting back to OP's question, a standard view at any AKL is a roll of the dice, but BW standards have some good advantages. Happy planning. Both are wonderful resorts. AK is very relaxing and feels like a "resort", while BW can be relaxing also, but also has lots going on and is very busy. Can't go wrong either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter