Room numbers?

wdwscout

DIS Veteran
We were not able to join everyone for Podcast Cruise 1.0, but are SO excited to be going on 2.0!! :cool1:

For the 1st cruise, did you ever make a "master list" or directory of which DISers were in which cabins? I was thinking that would be a great way for everyone to know who their neighbors are (and which neighbors are NOT part of the fun ;)).

Just curious. I think it would be easy to accumulate them all in one thread and keep updating post #1- right?

Anyone interested? We will be in 6564 and 6566.

We were not able to join everyone for Podcast Cruise 1.0, but are SO excited to be going on 2.0!! :cool1:

For the 1st cruise, did you ever make a "master list" or directory of which DISers were in which cabins? I was thinking that would be a great way for everyone to know who their neighbors are (and which neighbors are NOT part of the fun ;)).

Just curious. I think it would be easy to accumulate them all in one thread and keep updating post #1- right?

Anyone interested? We will be in 6564 and 6566.

Hi Linda,

We didn't do this before because not everyone wants their room numbers listed. The ones doing the fish extenders did. But no one else did. When I post the official list of who's going, if everyone wants to, we can put room numbers on there.

That makes sense!
Of course, it would be totally at each person's discretion.

Thanks Tracy!

Hi Linda,

We didn't do this before because not everyone wants their room numbers listed. The ones doing the fish extenders did. But no one else did. When I post the official list of who's going, if everyone wants to, we can put room numbers on there.

Well whenever that official list gets going, you can put me on it.

My only thing about putting our cabin number on the list is that it would create more work for Tracy. Some of us (me in particular) changed cabins a few times. Its one thing for Tracy to put us on the list, its another for her to keep up with all the changes and re-edit the post every day.

Hey Linda,

Let me introduce you to the rules..... If you suggest it, you get to coordinate it.

I love to delegate.

Jen

Hey Linda,

Let me introduce you to the rules..... If you suggest it, you get to coordinate it.

I love to delegate.

Jen
I admire that skill! ;)
And I accept the job!

Well whenever that official list gets going, you can put me on it.

My only thing about putting our cabin number on the list is that it would create more work for Tracy. Some of us (me in particular) changed cabins a few times. Its one thing for Tracy to put us on the list, its another for her to keep up with all the changes and re-edit the post every day.

So, it sounds like we could take some of the aggravation off of Tracy by maintaining a list here on the boards- right? I'm all for making her load lighter. :thumbsup2
So how about people come in here and post their cabin numbers- if they want- and I can update Post #1 as we go along so everyone can see it all in one place? How about :
*cabin #
*screen name
*real first names

?anything else?

I admire that skill! ;)
And I accept the job!

So, it sounds like we could take some of the aggravation off of Tracy by maintaining a list here on the boards- right? I'm all for making her load lighter. :thumbsup2
So how about people come in here and post their cabin numbers- if they want- and I can update Post #1 as we go along so everyone can see it all in one place? How about :
*cabin #
*screen name
*real first names

?anything else?

The problem with all of this is people change things all the time and don't update the person with the list. If you want to keep the list that's fine but don't call it the official list. When I did it for the most part I removed people when the canceled and updated things that I knew about. I won't be able to help with that if someone else is maintaining a list.

The problem with all of this is people change things all the time and don't update the person with the list. If you want to keep the list that's fine but don't call it the official list. When I did it for the most part I removed people when the canceled and updated things that I knew about. I won't be able to help with that if someone else is maintaining a list.

I see. So if someone canceled, they would be unlikely to come and post that in here, right?

OK- I was just looking for a simple way to share cabin numbers without adding more to your plate. I've organized a number of big (though not this big!) group trips before and thought this might be a way for people to meet their "neighbors" early on. It appears this is not as simple as it sounds!

I understand your point, and I will gracefully back out and patiently wait for the "official" list to come out.

We usually found out who our neighbors were even without an official list - and once you are on the ship there is always the magnets to point you to a DISer. :laughing:

We usually found out who our neighbors were even without an official list - and once you are on the ship there is always the magnets to point you to a DISer. :laughing:

And if you don't see any magnets...look for a Mickey Light Saber!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter