Room requests

Coolrunnings91

Earning My Ears
hi all,

Me and my wife to be leave for the world in about 80days and are staying at POR. We have booked a pool view room but we are wondering if there is a way on the app or Disney world website to make room requests? As we would much prefer to be in the mansions rather than alligator bayou. If anyone knows if I can do this online or if I have to call up that would be fantastic.

There's really good information on room requests over on the POR page of the Disney Resorts forum https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ort-information-and-questions-thread.3374035/

This is their advice: -

Can I request a particular location or room type?

Some people prefer to request one section or the other and it's always best to make your requests along with your initial booking. You can also try faxing the resort a few days before you arrive (no more than five days) as a reminder, but please be aware that Disney will not guarantee any requests apart from on specific medical grounds.

Generally speaking, the best locations for access to the main building and bus stop are buildings 14-18 and 27 in the Alligator Bayou section (many of which are now surcharged as Preferred Locations, but 16 and 17 are still good choices). Magnolia Terrace and Oak Manor in the Magnolia Bend mansions are also good. Booking a regular River View or a Royal Water View room will also tend to assure you of a room without too long a walk to anywhere.

Some areas, such as many of the Alligator Bayou lodges in the twenties and thirties, and the far sides of the mansion buildings, are rather remote and while there are several outlying bus stops you might find yourself a very long way from breakfast!

For lots more information on the best room locations and how to make special requests, please see here, but here are a few tips:
  • First, ALWAYS make sure that any requests are noted in your original reservation as this is the official method to log room requests for WDW hotels. This can be done by calling your travel agent or the Disney Reservation Center on (407) 934-7639.
  • Online checkin can be done up to 60 days in advance, but the requests section which you can fill in is very limited. It would be best to do online checkin BEFORE sending any faxed requests, so any more detailed choices are not overridden.
  • Send a FAX directly to the resort on 1-407-934-5777 about 3-5 days before your arrival date. Mark it for the attention of the Room Assignment Team, rather than for any individual. If you don't have access to a fax machine you can send a free fax online via www.gotfreefax.com.
  • Provide your full details (name, address, phone number, email address and reservation number/arrival date). They may contact you about your requests, but don't worry if you don't get any confirmation back.
  • Be polite but personable, and let them know how much you are looking forward to your stay at Port Orleans and how getting your requests fulfilled would make your stay extra-magical.
  • Generally, try to request the features or details that you are looking for, rather than just quoting a set of building numbers (e.g. ask for "a mansion building room, fairly close to the food court and the main bus stop").
  • Very specific requests (e.g. for one particular room number) can be hard to accommodate, although it might help to use room numbers to narrow down an area you are trying to describe.
  • Try to explain the reasons for your requests, as that helps the room assignment team find other options in case your first choice may not be available.
  • If you have multiple requests, try to prioritise them in order of your preferences.
  • Do your homework first so you don't make requests that cannot be fulfilled (e.g. don't ask for a room with a fold-down Murphy bed when you have booked a Royal Guest Room, or book a Preferred Location and then request a mansion building room).
  • You can ask if an upgraded room category might be available for your stay (e.g. a River View if you were only able to book Pool View) but obviously not all such requests can be granted. It certainly can't hurt to ask though.
  • DISboards member Venomhatch has created a useful template which you can use as a base to help you construct a faxed request, see his thread for details

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!