Room type advice

Ragnrok23

DIS Veteran
Planning a 60th birthday trip for my mom. I don’t have enough points for a grand villa, so trying to decide between these two options

(1)2 bedroom & (1) studio
(1) 1 bedroom & (2) studios

Our party consists of
Mom
Me, wife, 2 kids (4&3)
Brother, sister in law, kid (5)
Brother, sister in law

For 2 bedroom it would be mom, my family, brothers family with kid (childless family gets own studio)

A 1 bedroom would have my mom stay with my family, the other two family would get own studio

It depends on how well you get along and if any want privacy away from the others.

:earsboy: Bill

Which resort? Some have sleeper chairs in the living room. Some have Murphy beds.

Which resort? Some have sleeper chairs in the living room. Some have Murphy beds.
Probably AKL- I would only have enough points for standard view at BLT and the trip is late January (just over 7 months and no available standard view rooms right now)

O K W.... older people LOVE it, kids only need a pool. Lower point costs. TONS OF SPACE. Late Jan certainly has availability

Probably AKL- I would only have enough points for standard view at BLT and the trip is late January (just over 7 months and no available standard view rooms right now)
One and two bedroom at AKV have the sleeper chair in the living room. The studios do not have more beds than for four (one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa) if that makes a difference.

BLT standard at seven months would be difficult.

I’ve stayed at OKW before, didn’t like the busses. I’m more concerned with the extra bathroom then the extra sleeper in the living room

I’m also looking for advice from people that have done big family trips and why they chose to either stay together or get multiple rooms and if they would change it if they did it again

I’ve stayed at OKW before, didn’t like the busses. I’m more concerned with the extra bathroom then the extra sleeper in the living room

I’m also looking for advice from people that have done big family trips and why they chose to either stay together or get multiple rooms and if they would change it if they did it again
BLT and AKV-KV have the extra bathroom in the one and two bedrooms. They also have the sleeper chair in the living room of the one and two bedrooms.

One and two bedroom at AKV have the sleeper chair in the living room. The studios do not have more beds than for four (one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa) if that.
Kidani 2 bd can have 2 queen beds in 2nd bedroom and the bonus of a 3rd bathroom would be great for a big group!

We’ve done 9 at Kidani, in a 2bd, works just fine. And the 3rd bathroom is a wonderful thing. We enjoy being together, having breakfast or relaxing after a park day, I don’t like lock offs, prefer a second comfy bed to a couch in the 2nd bd. And there are so many closets to put away luggage and strollers, gives you more living space.

Planning a 60th birthday trip for my mom. I don’t have enough points for a grand villa, so trying to decide between these two options

(1)2 bedroom & (1) studio
(1) 1 bedroom & (2) studios

Our party consists of
Mom
Me, wife, 2 kids (4&3)
Brother, sister in law, kid (5)
Brother, sister in law

For 2 bedroom it would be mom, my family, brothers family with kid (childless family gets own studio)

A 1 bedroom would have my mom stay with my family, the other two family would get own studio
It wouldn’t seem like a big deal to me if I was planning I would put the couple with out kids in the studio. Either way isn’t bad your all at the same resort. I would look at if there is one option with less points ? Also if you don’t like the bus situation at OKW, is it any better at AKV ? OKW has bigger rooms but the one thing my friends LOVE is watching the animals from the balcony! So if your Mom has never stayed there it might be a pretty special trip ! Good Luck, have fun making those memories either way sounds like having everyone together will be fun !

Similar situation (minus childless family). I booked a 2 bedroom lock off (1 bedroom side for my family of 5, studio side for MIL), and another separate studio (for SIL’s family of 4). It’s like your situation of 1 bedroom and 2 studios but less points for the lockoff than booking separately. We will just keep the connecting door closed. Downside for some may be that magic bands will open both sides of the lock off, not an issue for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts