Rose and Crown Magic?

chazorme

Earning My Ears
Since our soggy but sentational dinner for six on the patio last summer, I have read about the new "Rules"no requests ...Please tell me if you have still been lucky enough to get the magical patio table during Illuminations! We are seven this year...including grandmother's final trip to the parks. We could really use some pixie dust to get her a spot to remember it by. Any words of wisdom?

We ate at the Rose & Crown in late June. They were very accomodating and gave us a patio table. They did say they couldn't promise anything but had a patio table available. So it doesn't hurt to ask.

Be very nice and not demanding and explain your situation regarding your grandmother's final trip to the parks & hope you get an accommodating CM. Good luck!

I've heard that the ideal time to make a PS for is 7:30 or so for dinner. You stand a better chance at getting a patio table then. A lot depends on the CM, but I'd think if you explain your circumstances in a kind way (and have your grandmother nearby smile a LOT ;) ), your dreams may come true! Here's wishing you get a softie CM when you check-in!!

We were at Rose and Crown last week. We were lucky enough to get outdoor seating again and it's just incredible. When we arrived at the podium, of course everyone was requesting outside. The hostess said that it was first available and if you refused the seat, you would lose the reservation.

I'd suggest stopping by the restaurant earlier in the day and explaining your situation. They can put comments right into the computer and maybe even make some suggestions. When we were there, they had a large group on the upper patio. As it got closer to illuminations, they moved them down to the lower level. I believe it was in the area that used to be set aside for AP special viewing. The saying, "you get more bee's with honey" is especially true in WDW. I've yet to meet a CM who hasn't tried to accomodate when treated nicely. I would just make it a point to stop by early and avoid trying to explain in the middle of the dinner rush.

Tammi

I had made a ressie for 11 of us for our stay in June. They told me when I made the PS that there are no gurantees and that we would have to reserve 3 tables of 4 and we may not even sit together. Well we went anyway to take the chance. When we checked in about 45 minutes early (which I think is key) I reiterated that we would like a patio table. Again they said they would see what they could do but no guarantees. My father even tried to slip the host a $20 and he wouldn't take it. However, when our PDA buzzed us that our table was ready we were pleasantly suprised to find one long table for all 11 of us on the patio! PERFECT!!

We are going again in Oct. and I already have a PS for 8pm. I figure show up and see what they got for us. If we don't like it we will just leave. No rule says you have to eat there if you show up for the PS.

Have fun!

Bill

Our recent trip was on the patio for 8ppl. It was great. But I've also sat inside and enjoyed it too.

At R&C they have a fireworks viewing area for the whole restaurant. Maybe your server can set a chair up for your grandma a bit before the fireworks?

This thread is almost fifteen years old. Odds are, the OP already sat on the patio or not.

This thread is almost fifteen years old. Odds are, the OP already sat on the patio or not.

hahahahahha! Omg I didn't even notice that. How come it was on the main page to comment on?? I swear I did NOT resurrect this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter