Rose and Crown

lomillerin

DIS Veteran
How is the food for dinner?
We got ADRs at 7:45 to watch the Holiday Illuminations.
How is the view?

How is the food for dinner?
How is the view?

We enjoyed the food.

If you're seated outside, you'll stay at your table and watch; the view is pretty good. If you're seated inside, they will take you to a private viewing area where you will stand with everyone else who is inside to watch; the view is okay, but depends on where you are in that bunch.

Have done this a few times over the years- dinner and watching from an outside table. We enjoy the food there- and the beer. If you want to increase your odds of sitting outside, I would arrive 10-15 minutes before your ADR for check in and ask for a lagoon side table to watch Illuminations if at all possible. Tell them you are in no hurry and are happy to wait for a bit if the chance is good that one will become available. We have been seated out there twice with almost no wait, and twice with a short wait (10-15 min). I will say that I feel as though we have been lucky- although we go at slow times of the year usually. Once we did wind up having to eat inside- this was a few years ago at least- and we were seated over close to the outside tables. They just had us go out and stand on the platform where the lagoon side tables are- so I have no experience with this other viewing area to share (maybe they have stopped doing what we did- or our server just sprinkled us with some pixie dust knowing we wanted to be seated out there so let us stand out there anyways- no idea, really).

We do this every trip on one of our Epcot days and always try for an ADR in your time range. We like the food and we have always (4 times) been seated outside and the view is great.

You're not guaranteed an outside table with a view, but they do have a standing area outside.

We have always enjoyed the food and really like the views from the outside tables (never been in the standing area).

Agree with all the above comments. Also I've found the service there is great, friendly, and efficient. Really nice folks work there.

We were seated inside, which was fine although I think it would've been a very different experience with the view during dinner. The food was okay but we have no need to hurry back.

Decided to do dinner here in Sept but stuck between the fish and chips and bangers and mash? Any suggestions?

My family LOVES it! It's one of our must-dos every trip. We like to be seated around the time of the fireworks. My parents claim it's the best 1 credit steak on property.

Decided to do dinner here in Sept but stuck between the fish and chips and bangers and mash? Any suggestions?
The fish and chips are okay, not as good as those at Raglan Road. Also, we can get decent F&C at home. I would go with the bangers and mash, since that’s not a common option on US menus.

I had the salmon last week and it was delicious! My husband had the strip steak and fried fish; he enjoyed it, though the steak was not the best cut. We weren't at a high end steakhouse so we figured it would be middle of the road and it was fine for what it was. I agree that the fried fish was not as good as the fish at Raglan Road but it certainly wasn't bad.

I tried the toffee pudding and it was very sweet but tasty. It would have been great to split with someone :)

Service was very good!

A must do for us every year, steak and fried fish!

We love this place and enjoy sitting outside for Illuminations. If we are not seated outside, then we usually find our own place to watch.

Be aware that even if you're seated outside, you might get seating with a somewhat obstructed view. We were seated at a table that was right up against the building, and there was an awning overhead that blocked a lot of our view of the "higher" fireworks. We ended up having to get up and go to the "standing" viewing area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter