RotR - advanced boarding group reservations?

dbtex83

Mouseketeer
Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere... but given the current park reservation system and Disney likely wanting to discourage large rope drop crowds, it seems like a system to join a boarding group in advance of a park visit would help spread out the arrival crowd at Hollywood Studios.

One idea could be a 60 day boarding group registration for resort guests and 30 day registration for APs and other ticket holders, similar to the FP system. And then continue to offer any remaining numbered boarding groups or backups starting at park opening. Since guests are already required to reserve HS for the day without the ability to park hop, why not just relieve the stress of getting the boarding group as well.

Been talked about quite a bit.

But doing it that far would be disastrous.

Needs to be 24-48 hrs in advance at the earliest. The number of BGs they give out fluctuate everyday. They cant give a number out so far in advance

Last edited:
I liked that idea too - give people the option to get a BG at the same time they get their park reservation. If you don't want one, decline. Those that plan further ahead get first shot at it. Makes sense to me. Right now, people arriving by car stand the best chance, as getting to the park by 10a by bus or Skyliner is a bit of a crap-shoot. You pretty much need to line up at the bus stops 90-120 minutes before the park opens to get on a bus early enough to make it. I don't know how that solves anything.

I liked that idea too - give people the option to get a BG at the same time they get their park reservation. If you don't want one, decline.
Nope it will not work simply too many no shows just like FP+ used to have. That's why they require you to be in the park the day of as a minimum.

I agree the timing of Disney provided transportation needs to improve for HS in the morning.

Dave

It would be nice if morning of your park reservation you were able to try to get a boarding pass outside of the park.
And what happens if you don't show up for BG 1-20 until 4 PM while other guests don't get to ride and you don't get to ride because you are late.
It needs to be equal for everyone as there is no stand by option. You can't give hotel guests priority because no one else would ever be able to ride.
It would be equal but maybe you need to be within 5 miles of the park at 10 AM. Would that work for you?

Except what happens between 10-11:30 while everyone is still on their way to the park. Does the ride just run empty?

Dave

And what happens if you don't show up for BG 1-20 until 4 PM while other guests don't get to ride and you don't get to ride because you are late.

Not sure I understand.

How being able to get it anywhere from outside the park vs having to be inside cause someone to show up a 4. You still only get a hour to make your BG when called. Nothing else changes

Simple the group would have tied up a reservation that another group could have used and in my example above neither group would have been able to ride.

Unless the ride is down or really having a bad day BG 20 would have been called well before 4 PM in my example.

The next issue is how far away should "anywhere" be, 5 miles, 10 miles, 50 miles?

Dave

Simple the group would have tied up a reservation that another group could have used and in my example above neither group would have been able to ride.

Unless the ride is down or really having a bad day BG 20 would have been called well before 4 PM in my example.

The next issue is how far away should "anywhere" be, 5 miles, 10 miles, 50 miles?

Dave

But that's not much different than what could happen now.

A family can get a BG, leave the park, but not return in time as well.

And anywhere is anywhere. No distance limited

I wish if you didn't get a BG at 10am they would allow you to park hop to another park. i have no problem being at DHS and trying to get a BG. I have 2 days reserved to DHS just in case I don't get a BG on my 1st day. If we don't get it the 2nd day I'll probably leave and go shopping or something. I would love to be able to go to another park.

It needs to be equal for everyone as there is no stand by option. You can't give hotel guests priority because no one else would ever be able to ride.
Just playing Devil's advocate here...

The number of people who get BGs is already limited. Not everyone gets one as it is. Why not limit it to onsite guests?

What better incentive to book an onsite stay than to have priority for getting a BG (especially considering that not having that priority access would virtually guarantee that you WON'T get to ride the hottest new ride!)?

I don't actually want them to do this, but it does make sense from one perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!