Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Girl.... you CRUSHED it!!! Awesome job!!! You are seriously so inspiring and I am so happy for you! What an accomplishment!!

Also, totally jealous of the big dis-meet! Great pic of you, @DopeyBadger and @rteetz (congrats on your PR too, Ryan!)....and those apple fritters give me all of the heart eyes. Next time there is a midwest dismeet... can we move it west? Serious "fomo" over here ;)

I LOVE the picture of you, Billy and Ryan!! I love real life DisMeets. In Badger we Trust is just an awesome saying.

It was so much fun to read that and I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments. I'm so glad that you didn't let those doubt gremlins get to you and you pushed through. I never had any doubts at all. Speedy rockstar Roxymama!!!

Best of all, apple fritter!!!

This is just amazing! I honestly can't imagine having a running goal and crushing it into tiny pieces in such a big way! And I love the teamwork - just a wonderful story! :)

Other things I like about this report:
1. It confirms my sanity - yes, there were mile markers missing and I wasn't just imagining that!
2. I feel totally validated regarding the wind! I thought it was intense, but then I thought maybe I was just being a wimp. On the way back to the car, I heard a really tall guy say that people were running behind him to block the wind - wish I would have thought of that!
3. Roxykiddo is adorable! Maybe a mini meet someday when all the kids are ready to run a 5K. @mateojr would be happy to coach. But never ever give him a whistle - that would result in significant overuse!
4. Now that @DopeyBadger has his coach's whistle, I'll imagine that whistle blowing when I'm on training runs trying to go faster than directed.

@mateojr also sends his congratulations - he didn't exactly read the report, but was very interested in the photos! And he's super mad that we didn't find you all. ("Look, mom - he's right there in the picture - how did we not find him? Ughh!!")
I think it's so freaking cute how mateojr is a DB super-fan! :cutie::cutie::cutie:

Loved your recap!! I have adopted your "sticker over the garmin for blind runs" tactic, and I absolutely love that a badger sticker was sprung on you for race day. :-)

"In Badger we Trust": sticker, whistle, apple fritter, goal crushing, victory lap, and all.

Wished I lived closer and could have been there yesterday! :grouphug: Congratulations again on a great race!

Congratulations!!!
:jumping1:

Thank you!!!

Hooray!!! You crushed it!! Congratulations!!

Hooray indeed!

Wow what a result! Absolutely smashed your goal - bet that feels awesome!

I was going to be happy with anything starting with a 5, so yes it was an awesome feeling to have it be even lower than expected!

Thank you!!

Congrats! Glad all of you had a great race!

Thanks, Can we come visit you in Cancun now? It's still cold here.

Taking a pause during my reading of your recap to say that "In Badger We Trust" should probably be a shirt of some kind for anyone following a DB training plan. ::yes::

And continuing to read...

Haha, maybe I'll need to print custom garmin covering stickers with that written on it. BTW my kiddo took my sticker so I have no picture proof of its existence.

And I'm back, to say 2 things:

1.) I totally get that the mental battle is a bigger thing than the physical battle, and for me, that's what really makes running challenging. I think we (your readers) all knew from the workouts you were posting that you had sub-1 hour in the bag, but YOU had to know it, and push those gremlins aside. That's not an easy thing to do.

2.) I would have judged you hard core if you HAD NOT eaten that apple fritter...unless you weren't eating it because you had decided to mail it to me in Ohio, because in that case, no judgement whatsoever.

CONGRATS!! :banana:

I totally agree with you on point 1. And as for point 2...if you can get yourself to Chicago by about 6:30pm tonight I've got a piece of a piece you could maybe have if I'm feeling nice and not especially hungry.

This is just amazing! I honestly can't imagine having a running goal and crushing it into tiny pieces in such a big way! And I love the teamwork - just a wonderful story! :)

Other things I like about this report:
1. It confirms my sanity - yes, there were mile markers missing and I wasn't just imagining that!
2. I feel totally validated regarding the wind! I thought it was intense, but then I thought maybe I was just being a wimp. On the way back to the car, I heard a really tall guy say that people were running behind him to block the wind - wish I would have thought of that!
3. Roxykiddo is adorable! Maybe a mini meet someday when all the kids are ready to run a 5K. @mateojr would be happy to coach. But never ever give him a whistle - that would result in significant overuse!
4. Now that @DopeyBadger has his coach's whistle, I'll imagine that whistle blowing when I'm on training runs trying to go faster than directed.

@mateojr also sends his congratulations - he didn't exactly read the report, but was very interested in the photos! And he's super mad that we didn't find you all. ("Look, mom - he's right there in the picture - how did we not find him? Ughh!!")

The wind was REAL, haha! I think you all who ran the half for sure felt it a lot more than we did. I'm glad our whole course wasn't as bad as the final gusty section. And I'm game for any meet ups. :)

Amazing, amazing, amazing! So impressed!! And inspired!

Yay! Your Tink time this year actually really inspired me too. Don't know if I ever told you that. You really crushed it!

Girl.... you CRUSHED it!!! Awesome job!!! You are seriously so inspiring and I am so happy for you! What an accomplishment!!

Also, totally jealous of the big dis-meet! Great pic of you, @DopeyBadger and @rteetz (congrats on your PR too, Ryan!)....and those apple fritters give me all of the heart eyes. Next time there is a midwest dismeet... can we move it west? Serious "fomo" over here ;)

Thanks!
I used to visit my sister in Dubuque all the time so I'm familiar with west of us. We'll have to figure something out :)

Oh my gosh! This was serious the best race report! Both @roxymama and @rteetz got PRs and (in my opinion the more important) apple fritters. I think what I liked best about this report is that Coach @DopeyBadger just gave you a badger sticker and that was that. It sounds like a great experience and now I'm very jealous I missed it. I vote you guys do a meet up in the spring.

You know, I laughed when he handed me the sticker so matter of factly. And opusone's reaction face was pretty funny too. And I just accepted it without question. I knew exactly what it meant and it brought a little bit of relief. Luckily blind runs are not new concepts and have been successful for me in the past. But yeah, it was funny.

I LOVE the picture of you, Billy and Ryan!! I love real life DisMeets. In Badger we Trust is just an awesome saying.

It was so much fun to read that and I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments. I'm so glad that you didn't let those doubt gremlins get to you and you pushed through. I never had any doubts at all. Speedy rockstar Roxymama!!!

Best of all, apple fritter!!!

Should I frame this pic next to me Tink Ariel/Zelly pic? Start a wall of fame at home?
And thank you!!

Congratulations on a great race! Great recap as well.

Thanks!! I was up until 11pm finishing the recap because I wanted to include as much as I could remember.

Loved your recap!! I have adopted your "sticker over the garmin for blind runs" tactic, and I absolutely love that a badger sticker was sprung on you for race day. :-)

"In Badger we Trust": sticker, whistle, apple fritter, goal crushing, victory lap, and all.

Wished I lived closer and could have been there yesterday! :grouphug: Congratulations again on a great race!

"In badger we trust" is catching on!!!!
Whereabouts do you live? There's always disney park meetup potential at some point:)

Great job @roxymama!!! (and @DopeyBadger of course!)

Thank you!!!

Totally love this! Congrats @roxymama on your shiny new PR and congrats to all of you that ran yesterday! Great job!!! :cool1:

Everyone did really awesome for sure!

Congratulations on your PR, and goodness, your daughter is a cutie! If she's anything like my three girls, she's got @roxyhubby wrapped around her finger! :D

She's going to be a heart breaker that's for sure!

Last edited:
I totally agree with you on point 1. And as for point 2...if you can get yourself to Chicago by about 6:30pm tonight I've got a piece of a piece you could maybe have if I'm feeling nice and not especially hungry.
I can't in good conscience take the rest of your fritter. I'm too nice to do that! :angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!