Royal pacific refurbish questions

Ariel853

Earning My Ears
I have seen a few posts mention refurbishments at Royal Pacific. We are going in June. Does anyone know what they are and when it is starting? TIA!

The refurb starts in March and will run through till October.

It is quite an extensive refurb, but won’t affect most as a lot of people only see the lobby during check in and check out.
I’ve never been to RPR so this is an ignorant question... Is the lobby not the central area of the resort? Like say compared to Animal Kingdom Lodge or anther a Disney resort? I mean, it might be a petty way of thinking, but I’m going to be disappointed if I’m paying a premium price to be surrounded by that ambiance and then experience a bunch of refurb work.

I’ve never been to RPR so this is an ignorant question... Is the lobby not the central area of the resort? Like say compared to Animal Kingdom Lodge or anther a Disney resort? I mean, it might be a petty way of thinking, but I’m going to be disappointed if I’m paying a premium price to be surrounded by that ambiance and then experience a bunch of refurb work.

Not an ignorant question at all........

It is central to check in and check out, but you don’t always have to go through the lobby area to get to the parks.....if you are in T1 and 3 you can go straight to the parks from the elevator without entering the lobby.

But, I can see why you’re thinking you’ll be disappointed with being there while the work is going on.

Not an ignorant question at all........

It is central to check in and check out, but you don’t always have to go through the lobby area to get to the parks.....if you are in T1 and 3 you can go straight to the parks from the elevator without entering the lobby.

But, I can see why you’re thinking you’ll be disappointed with being there while the work is going on.
Thank you :)

Do they give any additional discounts or vouchers due to the refurbishment? Wishful thinking I know!

The refurb starts in March and will run through till October.

It is quite an extensive refurb, but won’t affect most as a lot of people only see the lobby during check in and check out.

Man what bad luck. Booked royal pacific for this July back in September. Last time we were at hard rock (3 years ago I think) they were doing extensive work in the lobby. Extremely loud power tools and banging that made it impossible to talk or think if you were anywhere near reception. True, we didn’t pass through the main lobby too often but it definitely left me with a bad impression.

One thing I’m noting is that RP is about $60 cheaper than Hard rock or Portofino - is that typical for summer rates ? Guess that’s why I booked it but it seems to have come with a catch.

Last edited:
Man what bad luck. Booked royal pacific for this July back in September. Last time we were at hard rock (3 years ago I think) they were doing extensive work in the lobby. Extremely loud power tools and banging that made it impossible to talk or think if you were anywhere near reception. True, we didn’t pass through the main lobby too often but it definitely left me with a bad impression.

One thing I’m noting is that RP is about $60 cheaper than Hard rock or Portofino - is that typical for summer rates ? Guess that’s why I booked it but it seems to have come with a catch.

Gosh you have been unlucky haven’t you!

Prices vary so much.....sometimes PB is cheaper than RP and others it’s not.....I didn’t think RP were going to lower prices at anytime because of the lobby refurb so it’s just been the price when you booked.

I can see why you don’t want to be there during a refurb, so maybe look at changing hotels......keep checking the website for prices and see if the others come down any.......

When I booked for our upcoming March visit, there was no banner on the website about the lobby refurb either. And definitely no discount. They don’t state when in March it starts, I’m hoping they don’t start up till after we leave, it will be our first UO visit so we are excited either way!

When I booked for our upcoming March visit, there was no banner on the website about the lobby refurb either. And definitely no discount. They don’t state when in March it starts, I’m hoping they don’t start up till after we leave, it will be our first UO visit so we are excited either way!

Definitely be excited either way. Our Hard Rock experience with refurbishment didn’t stop us from having a great time. I’m sure it will be the same at RP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter