ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Fabulous!!!

The EP really is worth it`s weight in gold!!!
As is the early admission you get with any of the on site hotels. I've never really used the early admissions before but on out recent trip we used it for Volcano Bay and it was a godsend. I had the Aqua Coaster and the 3 trap door slides done with no waiting before the park even opened to regular customers.

As is the early admission you get with any of the on site hotels. I've never really used the early admissions before but on out recent trip we used it for Volcano Bay and it was a godsend. I had the Aqua Coaster and the 3 trap door slides done with no waiting before the park even opened to regular customers.

Someone doubted me when I said we’ve never done EE in all our years of staying there.........we just never felt the need.......

And we don’t like water parks, so no need to go there......but, yes, it’s a definite advantage for those that do :thumbsup2

Someone doubted me when I said we’ve never done EE in all our years of staying there.........we just never felt the need.......

And we don’t like water parks, so no need to go there......but, yes, it’s a definite advantage for those that do :thumbsup2

My wife and I are the same way. We own the 2 park AP. Any desire to go to Volcano Bay would be to sample the Volcano Bay specific food. As for EE, we usually get up around 8am, have breakfast at the hotel or in Citywalk, and then get to either IOA or USF between 10 and 11am. No need to rush because of the EPs that come with the hotel stay.

My wife and I are the same way. We own the 2 park AP. Any desire to go to Volcano Bay would be to sample the Volcano Bay specific food. As for EE, we usually get up around 8am, have breakfast at the hotel or in Citywalk, and then get to either IOA or USF between 10 and 11am. No need to rush because of the EPs that come with the hotel stay.

That's so funny......we said the only reason we`d ever go to Volcano Bay was to sample the food they serve there...…:rotfl:

Glad we`re not the only ones...…::yes::

Yes, EP makes EE redundant...….can`t really see a reason to do it yet.....doubt we ever will.....:thumbsup2

Early Entry is really nice if you want to use your wand in the Harry Potter areas. It's easier to do that with no one there.

Yep, it can be...…

We don't use wands though, so no need to go for that.....I do love watching little kids try to do the spells too....and bigger kids too…...wow some get so annoyed when they can`t do it!!!!

Just stayed at RPR last weekend and really enjoyed it, it’s a beautiful resort. The one thing we were disappointed in is that express pass is not honored during early entry. We were not aware of this and were dismayed to find ourselves in an hour plus line for escape from gringotts. Once the express line opened at 9, TMs held people back and said that everyone from early entry would get a chance to ride before express pass people were let through. I just wanted to share this for anyone else who wasn’t aware. Next trip, I will not drag my family out of bed at 5am and will instead sleep in and arrive at 10.

That’s weird Kmgordon, I’ve read tons of info on express pass and never read this anywhere. We only have 1 night to visit in September. Has anyone else experienced this? I just went back and reread again on our reservation, I still do not see this mentioned. If it’s true, I just have to rethink my plan for that day. I know there are only certain things open during that early hour.

<scratching head here>

Last edited:
I think the post is right. I don’t really use the early entry that often but one time on our recent trip we were at HP DA towards the end of the EE period and couldn’t see an express line for EfG. I didn’t think much of it at the time as the express line was there later in the morning so maybe it’s right.

Just stayed at RPR last weekend and really enjoyed it, it’s a beautiful resort. The one thing we were disappointed in is that express pass is not honored during early entry. We were not aware of this and were dismayed to find ourselves in an hour plus line for escape from gringotts. Once the express line opened at 9, TMs held people back and said that everyone from early entry would get a chance to ride before express pass people were let through. I just wanted to share this for anyone else who wasn’t aware. Next trip, I will not drag my family out of bed at 5am and will instead sleep in and arrive at 10.
It's not usually that long of a wait during EE. I think it was that bad because of Presidents weekend. We were there first week of Feb and the rides were walk on for EE and Diagon Alley was pretty empty.

I’m sure it was extra crowded because of President’s day, that’s why we were planning to rely on express pass. We complained to both the park and the resort. The resort staff were saying express pass should work at 8am, but the park staff said they always open that way (no express pass until everyone from early entry have ridden).

It’s true EP isn’t until 9 and/or after all early entry guests have gone through will they let you through, they will let you in to line up but you will only stand there until the early entry guests are in.

I did a lot of research and never read that anywhere so I thought I’d share. I’m sure you don’t need express pass on low crowd days, but for a crowded day it makes more sense to sleep in and not fight those lines during early entry.

Great, thanks everyone. It’s just odd that this bit of info isn’t mentioned anywhere. We will still go early, just rethinking our plan. I just read that the new roller coaster is going to be Hagrids Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. I’m beyond stoked!

For anyone who has been at RPR recently, are there still kiosks in the lobby to pick up AP and park tickets? My plan is to order these online before our trip (we arrive March 7th). I just want to make sure I can get the tickets the evening we arrive from the hotel so that we are ready to go first thing in the morning.

Thanks in advance!

For anyone who has been at RPR recently, are there still kiosks in the lobby to pick up AP and park tickets? My plan is to order these online before our trip (we arrive March 7th). I just want to make sure I can get the tickets the evening we arrive from the hotel so that we are ready to go first thing in the morning.

Thanks in advance!
I just phoned Universal the other day to buy daughters ticket. I asked that as I want to pick it up at RPH too and they said I could either go to the Vacation desk or use the will call machine in lobby. I hope I was given the correct info.

I’m sure it was extra crowded because of President’s day, that’s why we were planning to rely on express pass. We complained to both the park and the resort. The resort staff were saying express pass should work at 8am, but the park staff said they always open that way (no express pass until everyone from early entry have ridden).

We’re planing to go during a busy time too and have been trying to figure out the best timing to use EP on Gringotts while preferably starting with spells. Around what time did you end up being able to ride (how long did the EE line take to clear)?

Great, thanks everyone. It’s just odd that this bit of info isn’t mentioned anywhere. We will still go early, just rethinking our plan. I just read that the new roller coaster is going to be Hagrids Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. I’m beyond stoked!

EE will be the best way to ride Hagrid for sure. It’s highly unlikely to have an express pass line for quite some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!