ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

I don't look at packages but I've been keeping an eye on rates for my December rates and they haven't changed in months.

What I noticed for our dates in Dec. is the lack of Club Level as well as a slight increases from SMSM vs. Be a Savvy Traveler.

What is the abbreviation for this anyway, BST? :confused3
Might be confusing for our UK peeps, they use the same for "British Summer Time".

Oh, this is a new look @schumigirl ! Who's the hottie?
View attachment 475721

I have to admit, the other image was a bit scary. :rolleyes1
:hug:

lol......yes, I guess Freddie Mercury ❤(genuine music god!!!) is a little less scary to look at.......

May bring Mr Myers back for HHN......::yes::

Glad you have a couple of trips booked.....always a good feeling!!

Memorial Weekend booked. Arrive Friday, May 22, and leave Tuesday, May 26. We used the Savy Traveller rate. Will keep watching to see if an AP rate is release, and switch to it if it is.
How did you find a discount for that weekend? Do you have a link? When I looked at the website it looked like that weekend has been excluded from all offers. We have it booked for the same dates at rack for months and haven’t seen better. I will admit I find the universal website very difficult to navigate for hotel discounts

I use this link. It covers all Loews not just Portofino.

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel

Add your dates, then add guests and click update.
Thanks! That is a good link. It still tells me “the requested rate is not available” though for those dates so it’s just rack. If someone was able to book any of the deluxe resorts for a discount rate during Memorial Day weekend I’d LOVE to know how to do it. Unfortunately due to schedules we are typically limited to holiday weekends (ugh 😬).

edited to add: figured out why it wasn’t working for me. I was only looking for three nights, not four. It still won’t work for us but at least I know why I couldn’t get the discount rate!

Last edited:

I use this link. It covers all Loews not just Portofino.

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel

Add your dates, then add guests and click update.
Thanks. I tried that link previously when it was posted and it did not work for me, but it worked this time and I'm saving it. No AP discount for my dates, but my original booking discount (SMSM) is about $250 a night better than the new discount (BAST), so I'm happy to see that at least, especially for a 7 night trip :)

Last edited:
Thanks! That is a good link. It still tells me “the requested rate is not available” though for those dates so it’s just rack. If someone was able to book any of the deluxe resorts for a discount rate during Memorial Day weekend I’d LOVE to know how to do it. Unfortunately due to schedules we are typically limited to holiday weekends (ugh 😬).

edited to add: figured out why it wasn’t working for me. I was only looking for three nights, not four. It still won’t work for us but at least I know why I couldn’t get the discount rate!

Sorry, I wasn’t aware that Savy Traveller required a 4 night stay minimum.

Sorry, I wasn’t aware that Savy Traveller required a 4 night stay minimum.
I’m not sure if it does, but for that timeframe it appears to as when I price out the four nights there is a discount but when I drop it to three it is unavailable.

I'm only two days away. Kinda a bummer to see the latest weather forecast. Going from Tuesday to Friday and looking like two of the three will be warm before the cold hits.

Still looking forward to getting back to RP.

lol......yes, I guess Freddie Mercury ❤(genuine music god!!!) is a little less scary to look at.......

May bring Mr Myers back for HHN......::yes::

Glad you have a couple of trips booked.....always a good feeling!!
My initial reaction was 'who doesn't know what Freddie Mercury looks like'. Then realised its 28 years since he died, and many posters on here won't even have been born then! God I feel old.........

Spent the last 4 days (Feb 22-25) at RP. Some quick notes:

- Service in the pool area was fantastic. Really love that every single bartender/waiter pointed out the 18% gratuity already added to the check.
- Locker room at the gym was great for a quick shower and change prior to heading to the airport on our last day. Did have trouble accessing it on our last day after we had checked out and had to get someone to open the door for us, but that's no big deal.
- Only ordered food at the pool the last day. Everyone was happy with their meals. chicken quesadilla was enjoyed in particular.
- Stayed in king suite, room 2201. pullout couch bed was hard as a rock, but that was the kids problem :). The only other complaint was only one sink in the room was not sufficient. Also the shower head was too low. maybe cause i'm 6'2", but I really don't understand why they can't put it higher so I don't have to bend the whole time.
- Luggage services was excellent, handling many different requests for us on our last day.
- previous posters had asked about the safe. it was much smaller than other room safes, because it was not very deep. I left my work computer at home, so we had the wife's in there along with my work phone and her small jewelry bag. Not much else would have fit.

I will post a full brief trip report in the trip report section.

Spent the last 4 days (Feb 22-25) at RP. Some quick notes:

- Service in the pool area was fantastic. Really love that every single bartender/waiter pointed out the 18% gratuity already added to the check.
- Locker room at the gym was great for a quick shower and change prior to heading to the airport on our last day. Did have trouble accessing it on our last day after we had checked out and had to get someone to open the door for us, but that's no big deal.
- Only ordered food at the pool the last day. Everyone was happy with their meals. chicken quesadilla was enjoyed in particular.
- Stayed in king suite, room 2201. pullout couch bed was hard as a rock, but that was the kids problem :). The only other complaint was only one sink in the room was not sufficient. Also the shower head was too low. maybe cause i'm 6'2", but I really don't understand why they can't put it higher so I don't have to bend the whole time.
- Luggage services was excellent, handling many different requests for us on our last day.
- previous posters had asked about the safe. it was much smaller than other room safes, because it was not very deep. I left my work computer at home, so we had the wife's in there along with my work phone and her small jewelry bag. Not much else would have fit.

I will post a full brief trip report in the trip report section.
Love these posts! Full of helpful tips. Thank you.

Just FYI...You guys rock!! Just snagged an ap rate for Aug king suite.....wouldn't of looked.....I figured it was too far out. Thanks again!!!!

Hello Everyone!
I wondered if the Mariner's Club ever offers daytime operating hours? I see from Carole's awesome first page that it's evenings, but has anyone ever seen daytime, too? Thanks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter