ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

not sure what you mean by program.
are you interested in the hours of the parks or which park has EE?

I have two universal trips in the works one in late august and one in late October. Staying at royal pacific (my fav) is there any way to request certain floors. Last time I went it was the main floor and super loud.

I have two universal trips in the works one in late august and one in late October. Staying at royal pacific (my fav) is there any way to request certain floors. Last time I went it was the main floor and super loud.

I reserved through the universal web site and I called and asked for a specific tower. They put my request in, but it's not guaranteed.

Photobucket, which many posters use, has had some issues over the past months.

Many people that post pictures of their trips are experiencing difficulties with them not showing up.

It is not the fault of the person who created the thread to share their trip with the viewers.
They have no control over it.

No notice given and all links were disabled for some people.

I have been reading on the dis site and other theme park sites of pictures not showing up now in the threads where they originally were posted.

To have it restored, I read a few posters state that it would cost $400.

I would not expect any poster to go through that type of expense and hours of their day to repost and have to pay money to do so.
Ridiculous!

Schumgirl has made many trip reports and has spent an endless amount of time to work on all of them.
It was a labor of love for her to share with us.

For the parts of her trip report where pictures are not viewable now, it does not take away from what she has shared with all of us.

There are other trip reports that do have pictures available.
Maybe some of them will help you with the photos you are needing in planning your future trip
Wish you the best in finding the ones you need!

Thank you mac!!

I'm sure most people know of the nasty trick that PB have tried to play on their members. I was in the middle of nowhere last 10 days with no internet and even I heard about what they have done. So I'd be surprised anyone didn't know.

I for one will NOT be paying $400 a year to store and share pictures. I will be joining another hosting site in the near future.

To the poster who complained, I'm sure there are many sites out there with images of the Universal hotels for you to peruse. There is still plenty of information on the first couple of posts, which I hope would help you.

I will get around to replacing the pictures as soon as I can. Sorry if it's an inconvenience for some people.

Definitely call and out in a request for your preferred tower and floor.......it is always a request, but will be added to your reservation.

Thank you mac!!

I'm sure most people know of the nasty trick that PB have tried to play on their members. I was in the middle of nowhere last 10 days with no internet and even I heard about what they have done. So I'd be surprised anyone didn't know.

I for one will NOT be paying $400 a year to store and share pictures. I will be joining another hosting site in the near future.

$400 a year is insane.

We will be staying at RPR for the first time in early October and it's only our second time to US/ISO. I'm a runner and would potentially like to get some miles in while there this year. Are the paths around the resorts and parks safe during early morning hours? I run alone when staying on-property at Disney and have never felt unsafe, just wonder if it's comparable on Universal property. Thanks in advance!

We will be staying at RPR for the first time in early October and it's only our second time to US/ISO. I'm a runner and would potentially like to get some miles in while there this year. Are the paths around the resorts and parks safe during early morning hours? I run alone when staying on-property at Disney and have never felt unsafe, just wonder if it's comparable on Universal property. Thanks in advance!

Totally safe! On my stays at RPR, I've done the 3 mile loop on numerous occasions and never had any issues. I usually go at around 6:30-7:00am. There is one section (just as you go under the flyover from the car parks to Citywalk) that you have to run on the cycle path at the edge of the road but it's fine. The rest of the loop is on footpaths and the area is totally safe.

. I'm a runner and would potentially like to get some miles in while there this year. Are the paths around the resorts and parks safe during early morning hours? I run alone when staying on-property at Disney and have never felt unsafe, just wonder if it's comparable on Universal property. Thanks in advance!
Maps of running trails are supposedly available at the concierge desk. Does anyone have digital copies of these maps? I will be at UO right when the Virtual Run Platform 9 3/4 of the Hogwart Running Club will open so I'd like to run it there in part or in full.

Totally safe! On my stays at RPR, I've done the 3 mile loop on numerous occasions and never had any issues. I usually go at around 6:30-7:00am. There is one section (just as you go under the flyover from the car parks to Citywalk) that you have to run on the cycle path at the edge of the road but it's fine. The rest of the loop is on footpaths and the area is totally safe.

Thanks for the response! I will be looking forward to some new scenery this fall! :yay:

Maps of running trails are supposedly available at the concierge desk. Does anyone have digital copies of these maps? I will be at UO right when the Virtual Run Platform 9 3/4 of the Hogwart Running Club will open so I'd like to run it there in part or in full.
I think I have one of those route maps somewhere. Will try and root it out when I am home later. To be honest though, they're just straight lines drawn on a blank page. They don't say where to cross etc. The 3 mile route is basically just the lap around the Universal complex. Just as easy looking at Google maps really. If you're going clockwise, keep taking right turns when you reach the intersections.

The only issue is where/when to cross the road. My version of the loop was to start on Hollywood Way directly opposite the main hotel entrance (be careful crossing - there's no pedestrian crossing here) and run in a clockwise direction up towards Cabana Bay. I stay on that side of the road down Turkey Lake Road all the way around to the intersection of Vineland Road and Universal Blvd where I cross over.

I stay on that sidewalk past the Portafino entrance up to the next junction (Major Blvd) where I cross back over. As I said before, as you reach the pedestrian flyover it is necessary to go onto the cycle lane in the road as the pathway heads into the workers entrance to Citywalk. I stay on the cycle path as I go around the interesection with Hollywood Way where after a 100m or so you can rejoin the sidewalk and from there it's back to where I started from and if I'm feeling energetic I go around again...!!!

Last edited:
Here's the map I picked up from reception. As i said, you're better off looking at Google Maps.

2mo8968.jpg

2dv0sc5.jpg

I can't believe it's only 4 miles to go around the whole compound. It doesn't seem that small.

I can't believe it's only 4 miles to go around the whole compound. It doesn't seem that small.

It's actually closer to 3...!!! Their 3.8 miles must include running out from the reception area and back in as the GPS in my phone has the route I described above at just over 3 miles.

Here's what my phone logged back in April when I was there. This was for 2 laps so 4.89km a lap. Sorry, we use km over here! But 4.89km is roughly 3.04 miles.

xdrxvq.jpg

Last edited:
If I'd like a room close to some friends with pets so the kids can see each other easily but do not want to risk allergies, what do you recommend I make as request? Tower 2 higher floors?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!