ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

I don't think there'd be space for the building sandcastles/playing in the sand area beside the pool at the RPR. It seems to be just for sunbeds etc. You might be in the way of people walking in and out if you set up a play area there. Don't know for sure though.

There is a 'beach' area that fronts onto the lake that has a volleyball court and seems to have more space. I've never sat out there on my trips and it always looks quiet when I've gone by on one of the water taxis but I don't know the rules about what you can/can't do out there.
Hi Jack, thanks for the info. I won't lug out the sand toys on this trip. Plus side, one less thing to pack.

I'm trying to decide between Cabana Bay (I've stayed here and loved!) or Royal Pacific (new to us) on our next trip. Does anyone know if some of the standard rooms at Royal Pacific have a bath tub instead of shower? All the pictures and videos I've seen so far only show a shower. I have small children so a bath tub is a must. Thanks in advance!!!

I'm trying to decide between Cabana Bay (I've stayed here and loved!) or Royal Pacific (new to us) on our next trip. Does anyone know if some of the standard rooms at Royal Pacific have a bath tub instead of shower? All the pictures and videos I've seen so far only show a shower. I have small children so a bath tub is a must. Thanks in advance!!!

Yes there's a mix of types of bathroom set ups in standard rooms.

Put a request in for a tub and I'm sure it won't be a problem. Have the request added to your reservation when you book.

If you pay your room charge when you check in, they won't put a hold on your debit card

macraven (or anyone else) is this still true? I've fought with hotels before b/c they want to put an incidentals hold on my card, when I expressly tell them I'm happy to pay room charges in full up front.

also, any benefit (discount) to paying with a GC? Our stay is part of a land a sea trip for us and I'm hustling discounts on disney GCds. Not sure if there are any for Universal.

@schumigirl The picture on the main page show a Keurig in each room.. is that still true now? I'll bring my own k-cups if it is :)

macraven (or anyone else) is this still true? I've fought with hotels before b/c they want to put an incidentals hold on my card, when I expressly tell them I'm happy to pay room charges in full up front.

also, any benefit (discount) to paying with a GC? Our stay is part of a land a sea trip for us and I'm hustling discounts on disney GCds. Not sure if there are any for Universal.

To be able to charge back to your room (for shopping or any charge backs to your room) you have to have cc or gc on file

You can pay for your room daily charge in advance when you check in or each evening when you return from the parks
This way you are current

Or you can put money or gc on your account so when the after midnight room accounts are billed, you are covered

If you do not have a cc listed in file at check in time all that happens is you can't charge back to the room

Pay the entire room bill when you check in
Use gift cards, cc, or cash for anything you buy in the parks, city walk, etc

I usually pay my hotel bill in full when I check in
I also put down gc so I can charge back to the room for emergency

I think vacation planning has started to get to me. Last night I dreamed I was at the RPR, in tower 2, on the 25th floor! I hate heights and was terrified to get in to the elevator. Thank goodness the dream was totally inaccurate. How many floors does it actually have?

Yes there's a mix of types of bathroom set ups in standard rooms.

Put a request in for a tub and I'm sure it won't be a problem. Have the request added to your reservation when you book.
Thank you so much for the reply. I've just booked Royal Pacific for next summer because of it!! Yay for express passes!

@schumigirl The picture on the main page show a Keurig in each room.. is that still true now? I'll bring my own k-cups if it is :)

Yes, all have the same machine.

Thank you so much for the reply. I've just booked Royal Pacific for next summer because of it!! Yay for express passes!

You are so welcome!

So glad to hear you've booked........Yep.......yay........:D

We are staying club level. Are the sodas Pepsi or Coke products? The pic looks like Coke, but hoping it's changed since then to Pepsi! :)

Just checking - is there only one Club Lounge for the hotel or is there one per tower? Page 1 says it is located on the 7th Floor of T3 but the person I spoke to on the reservations line says there is a Club Lounge in every building? I was going to request T3 in my reservation to avoid having to walk between towers for Lounge access but the person in reservations said they would "never" make guests change towers to access the Lounge. Can anyone confirm this?

Just checking - is there only one Club Lounge for the hotel or is there one per tower? Page 1 says it is located on the 7th Floor of T3 but the person I spoke to on the reservations line says there is a Club Lounge in every building? I was going to request T3 in my reservation to avoid having to walk between towers for Lounge access but the person in reservations said they would "never" make guests change towers to access the Lounge. Can anyone confirm this?

Club level is 7th floor of tower 3. Usually all club level bookings get a room on that floor. I have seen reports of people requesting a different room location, but typically if you book club level you get a room on 7th floor tower 3. There should be no need to request that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter