Royal Plaza - Just Back

millerglass

Mouseketeer
I stayed at the Royal Plaza Hotel in LBV on the nights of Friday 11/23 and Saturday 11/24. About all that we used it for was a place to sleep and get showered. The room was really nice and plenty big. We got our room through priceline for $35 a night. It was a great price for this hotel and room. The lobby of the hotel is beautiful. They do have a heated outdoor pool but we never had the time to use it but I did stick my hand in it to feel the water and it was nice and warm. It hotel is about a 5 or 6 minute walk to Downtown Disney. They did tell us that there was a shuttle to Downtown Disney but since it was so close, we took the nice enjoyable walk over to it. We did not use any of their resturaunts. There is a Disney store in the lobby and the cashier wears a pin lanyard and is willing to trade Disney pins.

If you have never used priceline (this was my first time), you should check it out. It was very easy to use and you can see from the price that we got that it can sure save you money. If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me.
Eric

Thanks for the wonderful report. We are going for a while but it doesn't hurt to play ahead.

We just returned from a 9 nt stay at Hotel Royal Plaza. The lobby area is beautiful, as well as the conference areas. The rooms are large with 2 double beds, and a sleeper sofa. Our room had a private patio area by the pool. The pool was heated, and nice, along with the relaxing spa. They also have a special "kiddie area" in the lobby to watch videos. DD loved this. The staff was very professional, and helpful. We didn't eat at the "Giraffe" at the hotel, but they do offer "kids eat free with parents". The only problem I found is traffic noise from I-4. When I'm on vacation I don't enjoy listening to trucks barreling down the highway. Aside from this I would give HRP high marks.

We stayed at the Royal Plaza for three nights the week after Thanksgiving, and the Grosvenor for two nights. We asked for a quiet room at the Royal Plaza, but they put us right off of the lobby. The carpet in that room was filthy. We asked to move, and the second room was cleaner. However, the pillowcases on all four pillows were stained, and the room seemed rather cramped because of the sofa. All in all, we preferred the Grosvenor tower room because it was larger, cleaner, and had a free refrigerator. We were surprised, as we expected to like the Royal Plaza better after reading feedback here and on Mousesavers. We paid $49 for the Grosvenor and $47 plus resort fee at the Royal Plaza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter