Rumor about potential major reduction in operating hours for WDW if Disney Asia parks remain closed due to coronavirus

Yeah, maybe. I mean, my plan on my next trip is to spend a day in Blizzard Beach. If they shut down BB and I have to go to TL instead, I will. Why have both water parks at all then? If you are saying that they temporarily need to squeeze WDW profits due the the loses in China, well, I guess I can see that. Otherwise, I don't see the correlation though.
They want to increase WDW (and DL) profits because of those losses in China. Cutting things does that.

Careful Disney, you're gonna end up losing even more guests to the parks up the road that are open!

I'm quite surprised about the mini golf closures, surely they need almost no CMs anyway so hardly any saving to be had there?

Next shock will be from the cruise line, nice new boats and no one wants to book cruises on them after seeing how the virus spread throughout the entire ship in Japan.

Most guests won't notice these smaller cuts. Now if they start doing even more then it may be more noticeable. Most guests also won't know/care about the future projects. They care about their current vacation or one they are taking soon.

How long until double digit % price rises on wdw tickets?
They just raised them. Its not expected they will do so again quickly. The cuts is where they typically focus on these situations.

Management bonuses depended on profits and share prices. Some are probably not worried about long term growth but each 1/4 to earn there bonuses

Would Touring Plans know this before the calendar on the DW website was updated? Because it still shows EMH at Epcot that morning.
Oh, maybe it was a mistake on touring plan's end then . Wouldn't be the first time they sent me out an alert in error :)

OF COURSE they should be discussing the possibilities. But does it really mean it will happen, I hope not!
IMO, it should be done for health concerns, not monetary concerns. I hope they are also thinking of the flipside, should they reduce anything.
I concur they should be discussing all possibilities and this is probably just one of a few scenarios they’ve run.

If they go the park hour limit route it will suck but how many people would cancel a trip over it? I see no reason they won’t change posted hours and cancel ADRs with a we’re sorry note to your email. Disney has never faced what they are facing now in Asia.

As far as health concerns there isn’t much Disney can do. If this becomes a pandemic active in the US they’re going to have to close, not limit hours.

Last edited:
I concur they should be discussing all possibilities and this is probably just one of a few scenarios they’ve run.

If they go the park hour limit route it will suck but how many people would cancel a trip over it? I see no reason they won’t change posted hours and cancel ADRs with a we’re sorry note to your email. Disney has never faced what they are facing now in Asia.

As far as health concerns there isn’t much Disney can do. If this becomes a pandemic active in the US they’re going to have to close, not limit hours.
I highly doubt a Disney park in the US would close. They didn't close for H1N1. Disney would not voluntarilly close the parks and the Govt would not take the PR hit by ordering them to.

I highly doubt a Disney park in the US would close. They didn't close for H1N1. Disney would not voluntarilly close the parks and the Govt would not take the PR hit by ordering them to.
There could come a point where Disney's insurers force them to shut down the parks for fear of financial liability. It doesn't even have to make sense when it comes to public health to shut down the parks. If Disney's insurers and legal people think the risk is too great for substantial losses in courts around the country, they will shut down the parks.

There could come a point where Disney's insurers force them to shut down the parks for fear of financial liability. It doesn't even have to make sense when it comes to public health to shut down the parks. If Disney's insurers and legal people think the risk is too great for substantial losses in courts around the country, they will shut down the parks.
Of course but I don’t think we are anywhere near that point and the likelihood that happens isn’t high.

Of course but I don’t think we are anywhere near that point and the likelihood that happens isn’t high.
I agree we aren't close to that point right now. The likelihood of it happening really depends on how US public perception on the dangers of the virus in the US evolve. If a sizable vocal minority starts screaming for restrictions on large public gatherings, all bets are off. That is when a seed would be planted in the minds of potential jurors in any potential case against Disney. That is when Disney would move to protect itself from potential litigation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter