Rumor: DinoLand, USA to become Indiana Jones Land?

Well, they had to move those indy500 drivers from the trams (that used to be a lot of "hold on for dear life" fun :woohoo:) to somewhere else...
I've only been on the trams a couple of times (my mom has a pacemaker so we always parked in handicapped or took the bus, hence why I'm not used to it) and I would've loved to have an experience like that :(

I guess on the plus side, given the time frames for a possible conversion and when they plan to start work on the next Indy film, they could rush something out. I never liked Dinoland USA, always flt that it was like they needed to just throw something in there, it really doesn't fit. But what are you going to do, Universal has Jurassic Park, and you can't compete head to head on that :p

Indiana Jones *could* work. Make it Central/South America, you can do a lot with a rain forest/Aztec theme. (not Crystal Skull)

I actually enjoy colloquialisms most in text form, I'm a riot, but not because of my awesome accent, but because I'm clumsy and inappropriate for contact with other humans.
hahaha....that's hilariou
Someone much smarter than me has noted that a little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. I can't argue with a visionary who owned a chocolate river, a wonkavator that went sideways and diagonally, and an army of little orange men to make his products. And that man's name was .... Elon Musk.

And Snozberries.....

I never understood the argument against bring Indiana Jones Adventure over from DLR to WDW. It seems like such a no-brainer to me as it could fit in Adventureland, HS, and apparently AK as well..

I know, "but we already have dinosaur."

So what? How many omnimover attractions are there? Or spinners?

I'm sure all options are on the table (including making AK the only game in town for late nights). All options except spending a bunch more money like that.

I've been turning this around in my head. Perhaps as each new land is opened, that will be the one that stays open late? I'd be down for them handling late night hours that way if SOMETHING is open. Not all of us go to bed at 9:00, some of us haven't had dinner by then:)

Speaking of, I wonder what Europeans who regularly eat "late" think about WDW dining? I'll never figure out how people eat dinner at 4-5 though. I mean, at home, you wouldn't be home from work yet...I guess at WDW you take what you can get:)

Actually, this thread is giving me a thought (ya'll, its about to get dangerous, or I'm going to get bounced from the Dis after never getting a single point)...do you think the C suite has finally figured out that they can't allow the parks to simply wallow around for years and years and ultimately plans to have them all be true "full park" days and maybe stop some of the people that are doing less days at WDW and more at USO?

Perhaps as each new land is opened, that will be the one that stays open late? I'd be down for them handling late night hours that way if SOMETHING is open. Not all of us go to bed at 9:00, some of us haven't had dinner by then:)

Speaking of, I wonder what Europeans who regularly eat "late" think about WDW dining? I'll never figure out how people eat dinner at 4-5 though. I mean, at home, you wouldn't be home from work yet...I guess at WDW you take what you can get:)

I agree each new land will/should be open later to start with.

Isn't 4PM like 11PM in Europe?

But we are also late nighters, one of the main reasons we like peak weeks to visit. Esp XMAS week-by far the best week of the year for us.

And like D Springs for later night dining and drinks as well.

Last edited:

Actually, this thread is giving me a thought (ya'll, its about to get dangerous, or I'm going to get bounced from the Dis after never getting a single point)...do you think the C suite has finally figured out that they can't allow the parks to simply wallow around for years and years and ultimately plans to have them all be true "full park" days and maybe stop some of the people that are doing less days at WDW and more at USO?

By investing $10 Billion this decade, yea probably. That and they can't hide behind ESPN. Oh and Iger wants the credit before he's gone.

I've been turning this around in my head. Perhaps as each new land is opened, that will be the one that stays open late? I'd be down for them handling late night hours that way if SOMETHING is open. Not all of us go to bed at 9:00, some of us haven't had dinner by then:)

A lot of the resorts have later dining options, Geyser Point was open until midnight when we were there. Normally we wouldn't eat dinner at home until like 6:30 or 7 but I don't push it too much later than that, there's homework to be done, etc. At disney we eat at all kinds of odd hours just because we tend to do a really late breakfast or skip lunch in favor of snacks, and so on. With an earlier dinner there's more room for snacks later!

A lot of the resorts have later dining options, Geyser Point was open until midnight when we were there. Normally we wouldn't eat dinner at home until like 6:30 or 7 but I don't push it too much later than that, there's homework to be done, etc. At disney we eat at all kinds of odd hours just because we tend to do a really late breakfast or skip lunch in favor of snacks, and so on. With an earlier dinner there's more room for snacks later!

I get it, I'm single and I go out a lot so I know my preferences are out of the norm, but I'd be so hungry around 12:00 if I ate dinner at 4:00!

I get it, I'm single and I go out a lot so I know my preferences are out of the norm, but I'd be so hungry around 12:00 if I ate dinner at 4:00!

4 is pretty darn early - but probably just what people can get especially for popular places

My kid generally eat at 5/5:30 ( and then I eat when I get home from work) - and then they go to bed at 7:30

Oh totally, we would be as well if that's all we had! My son normally doesn't have a huge appetite due to his medication but he will eat lots of smaller meals. On the weekends we pretty much graze all day, so refilling the popcorn bucket is key no matter what park we go to. I tend to grab a dinner no later than 5:30 just because it's a little less busy. By 8 or 9 we're wanting some ice cream or a smoothie. Also I'm a sucker for a dessert party so we usually do at least one of those per trip too.

I agree each new land will/should be open later to start with.

Isn't 4PM like 11PM in Europe?

But we are also late nighters, one of the main reasons we like peak weeks to visit. Esp XMAS week-by far the best week of the year for us.

And like D Springs for later night dining and drinks as well.

It only takes a day to acclimate. And then I'd love to see what someone from Spain would think about the idea of eating dinner at 4 was. Lol.

I tried to look up "visionary soul" in the bill gates webopedia...but couldn't lock down a definition...

I don't see Indiana jones in animal kingdom...the ip isn't strong enough to really provide a jolt to the park...

...but then again...they seem to be willing to go down that route...so put the fences up.

Dinoland is an obvious problem...but retheming should be done AFTER they add a "continent"...that's the only way they have a realistic shot at that 12-15,000,000 attendance range they need.

Indy is certainly far better IP than Avatar is and unlike Avatar Disney is in fully control of Indy (and planning another movie)

Weirdly enough, the restaurants at DLP were way worse than WDW for operating hours. Remy's closed at 5:30 when we were there.

Weirdly enough, the restaurants at DLP were way worse than WDW for operating hours. Remy's closed at 5:30 when we were there.

Its been a long time since I went (and it was at a low point of that property) and remember going back to Paris to have dinner. It was the plan anyway, but I remember how disappointing that visit was. I'm sure it'd be completely different now! I did think the Castle was gorgeous in every way.

Indy is certainly far better IP than Avatar is and unlike Avatar Disney is in fully control of Indy (and planning another movie)

I have no doubt that's better IP...but I don't think I was making the comparison.

Indiana Jones had faded over time more than Star Wars...and is more tied to one specific person/character than most longterm IP.

That Shia thing didn't go too well, did it?

I'm the same way on trips a lot. Usually just do breakfast and one big meal with snack the things around that. So often will eat dinner around 5 but usually didn't eat a full lunch before, and will probably have some sort of snack in the evening too. The only time I've done three full meals is when I've had a dining plan.

It only takes a day to acclimate. And then I'd love to see what someone from Spain would think about the idea of eating dinner at 4 was. Lol.

I think its a little longer than that, but still how many arrive each day from Europe.

And it can depend on the guest, so many different approaches/situations.

Think how many arrive from a long travel day, check in starved and the room wasn't ready.

XMAS week we close parks at 3AM, sleep until noon, hit the pool until 3. 4PM dinner starts sounding pretty good by then.

Regardless, as pointed out D Springs is always available late, as is a lot of resort dining.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter