Rumor: Primeval Whirl to close for re-theming 2018-19

Dino-rama is actually one of my favorite places in the parks. Not really for the rides, although I enjoy Primeval Whirl, but I just like the theme. I wouldn't like it if it was the whole place, but the little area is really nice. I think it actually does a good job of showing Disney's attention to detail, I just think most people overlook it because it is too common of a scene.

Full disclosure, I grew up going to carnivals and I put myself through college working as a carny, so it means more to me than it would to most people.

I too like be the backstory and attention the detail of Chester and Hester - but at the same time do see that it doesn't fit with the rest of the park which is much more of a "realistic" look so would be ok if they replaces it with something as high quality as the rest of the park

Stitch, Genie, Eeyore, Luigi, Sully, Sadness, Ursula, Bruce, Hades, the blue fairy, Elsa, Alice, the caterpillar, Cinderella, Belle, Chernabog, Dumbo, Jasmine and Megamind..........
If you are referring to Luigi from Cars he is yellow Guido is the blue one and Megamind is Dreamworks

There's bound to be other characters that wear blue clothes. John Smith did.

I think the whole "DinoLand USA" theme is lost on a lot of people unless you really dig into it. (I know it was for me until I looked into it after the fact). My first impression was "What is this"? Did Disney literally just throw a few cheap carnival rides on top of an old parking lot? This isn't Disney!

There is so much they could do with Dinosaurs. Maybe they will take the Ellen Dinosaurs and bring them over to AK for some truly immersive Dinosaur experience.
Heck . .just having a walk through attraction like have had at every zoo and theme park across the country for decades that have those outdoor animatronic dinosaurs would be better. My son loved that at our local aquarium (it was exciting and scary for him at the same time).

The Dinosaur ride can stay .. they just need to retheme the rest of the area so it screams "Dinosaurs!" . .not "CountyFair!"

The street carnival style amusements don't fit with Disney. They were only put there to satisfy the complaints for families of small children, with AK not having a whole lot of things for small children at that time. So much better use for that area whether it's dino themed or not.

The street carnival style amusements don't fit with Disney. They were only put there to satisfy the complaints for families of small children, with AK not having a whole lot of things for small children at that time. So much better use for that area whether it's dino themed or not.
Yup. That and camp Minnie Mickey were installed to address capacity issues. CMM was just replaced, and I'd think the next future project in AK would be dinoland (that and fixing the yeti)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!