RUMORED New Disney Dining Plan Plus!! (DDP+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "make a killing" part is not necessarily true - there would be real "value" in pre-selling meals and now knowing that you have a minimum number of meals sold across the property for a certain date in the future. Imagine what a smart company could do with that data, from just-in-time food ordering to staffing at just the right levels.

That being said, we have used the DDP since it's early days of paper meal tickets and have tracked our spending pretty closely each time. We have seen the savings slowly dwindle to where it's now close to a break even proposition for us. The reason we continue to consider it is because we put value on the stress it takes out of a vacation - no worrying about ordering the most expensive item on the menu or debating whether we should split a meal or not. And Disney deserts and snacks have become a great part of our vacation and I know, if not for the DP, we would never order that stuff paying out of pocket. Other's may put no value on that stress relief and that's fine, Disney gives plenty of options to fit everyone's travel preferences.

We’ve done the dining plan a few times. It really just depends on the individual trip as to whether it works out for us. Now that my kids are all adults and mom doesn’t foot the entire bill, they prefer to go with the dining plan next time around for all of the reasons you mentioned. If the rumors about DDP+ turn out to be true, it’ll be a good fit for our group.

I'd be happy to have a dining plan that didn't require ADRs. If they could hold a few tables back just for those the paid extra, we'd be able to make a last minute choice of a dining location and get seated. Not everyone is a planner, some (like us) are spontaneous. I'd be willing to pay extra $ for that privilage

I'd be happy to have a dining plan that didn't require ADRs. If they could hold a few tables back just for those the paid extra, we'd be able to make a last minute choice of a dining location and get seated. Not everyone is a planner, some (like us) are spontaneous. I'd be willing to pay extra $ for that privilage
I don't know how that would work? So, if you pay, and others pay, to be able to eat last minute, how do they know where people will choose last minute? So, they hold back a few tables at popular places, but, still they don't have a table at the place you want, because someone else paid for this service and got the table you wanted, what happens then?

Maybe instead of holding tables, it's some kind of fee that you pay to be put at the "front of the line" as soon as you arrive. Sort of a FP for dining.

Still, no way that's going to work. They would get so many complaints from guests who were waiting and watched you saunter up and get seated immediately. It wouldn't matter that you paid for the privilege; the complaints would out weigh any profit they might make from you.

Maybe instead of holding tables, it's some kind of fee that you pay to be put at the "front of the line" as soon as you arrive. Sort of a FP for dining.

Still, no way that's going to work. They would get so many complaints from guests who were waiting and watched you saunter up and get seated immediately. It wouldn't matter that you paid for the privilege; the complaints would out weigh any profit they might make from you.

The only way it could work is if a few tables were held at each restaurant for last minute priority guests. But that would also leave some tables simply empty, which Disney wouldn't want.

Main site has been updated!!

2 table or counter service a day (drink including alcohol, entree, dessert)
2 snacks
1 refillable mug

no appetizers. May use 2 credits for signature restaurants just like the regular dining plan. I cant see prices yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter