Got today’s run done! It was a little short (2.2 instead of 2.5) because I was running late to meet a friend but I’m proud of myself for shoe horning it. I got home from work at 6:25p. I was out the door changed and running by 6:30p. Called it good enough at 7:05 showered changed and was at my friends house at 7:38 (only 8 mins late).

I also realized that I have kind of a rough week ahead of me schedule wise so I’m going to post here after every run. The extra accountability was very helpful the other week so I hope you guys don’t mind the extra posts.

Tonight’s 4 miles didn’t happen. I’ve been feeling kinda sick all day and have honestly been in bed for most of the day. I will get it done tomorrow though. I’m not giving up yet .

:tinker:Training Update Week 34!

Total miles ran – 8.2
Month to date – 23.4
Year to date –215.23
Purple shoes - 177.03
Blue shoes – 40.3

Planned work outs:

Monday - 2.5 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces
Wednesday - 2 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces
Friday - 4 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18

Missed workouts – :dogdance:None! Monday’s was 0.3 of a mile short because of a time restriction and I’m fighting off a head cold so Friday’s run was done on Saturday. I do have to say if it wasn’t for the fact that I had committed to posting here after every run, I don’t know that I would have gotten out there Saturday. So Thank you guys so much for letting me lean on you!! :thanks:

Things I learned this week –

Even if it’s 70 and gorgeous you still need sunscreen. My face looks like a tomato from Saturday’s run! Cool weather doesn’t equal no sun. :sunny::mad:

Other Updates that seem important

Coach Billy (@DopeyBadger ) updated my plan for me.. The VA 10 miler is still there!!! Also you guys do know he does all of this for free right?!! He’s literally the best. :worship::worship:

I’ve caught myself telling myself that I don’t really want to run a half marathon. This a lie. I know it’s a lie because I still want to run a full marathon… LOL. But I think that I’m starting to grasp the distance a little more and TBH, I’m a little spooked. That said- I think I still need a little accountability so I’m going to update this journal after every run again. At least for this week and probably a next week too. Just to help fight off these little lies I’m trying to tell myself. :scared1:

Days till next race – :dumbo:35 days until the VA 10 Miler!!! :dumbo:

:darth:Plan for week 35:
Monday
- 3 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces
Wednesday - 1 mile @ Easy + 2 mile @ 90/30 sec @ 14:45/18:00 paces + 0.5 mile @easy
Friday - 4 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces
Saturday - 3 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces

I’ve caught myself telling myself that I don’t really want to run a half marathon. This a lie. I know it’s a lie because I still want to run a full marathon… LOL. But I think that I’m starting to grasp the distance a little more and TBH, I’m a little spooked. That said- I think I still need a little accountability so I’m going to update this journal after every run again. At least for this week and probably a next week too. Just to help fight off these little lies I’m trying to tell myself.
Honestly, it's okay to feel spooked by the distance. It's a different kind of commitment and you want to to commit to it on your terms. Other people, including many very well meaning people will encourage you to sign up for your first half. But you'll know when you're ready. In a sense, your body and your mind will tell you.

Do it on your terms when you're ready. And know that no matter what you decide, this community will cheer you on.

3.5 miles done! The 2 miles at HM pace didn’t go well but I finished the distance. That said I think it may be time to retire my shoes. My feat were aching sooo bad during the warm up mile and first race pace mile. I had to seriously push through some pain...

3.5 miles done! The 2 miles at HM pace didn’t go well but I finished the distance. That said I think it may be time to retire my shoes. My feat were aching sooo bad during the warm up mile and first race pace mile. I had to seriously push through some pain...

If you think your shoes are causing you pain then absolutely replace them. Running through pain in worn out shoes is a recipe for an injury. Good done getting out there and getting the run done!

Run done! Used my blue shoes today and there were no signs of pain. Disappointed that my purple ones already needed to be retired though. I was under the impression that industry standard was 300-500 miles. They only have 180ish. I have, however, ran in some extremely wet conditions in those shoes, and I am overweight. I know that can take it’s toll on a good pair of shoes.. not really complaining about them, just wasn’t expecting to retire them so quickly. I’m glad to have walking shoes and just general workout shoes though. My current pair of sneakers (not dedicated to running) are from high school (graduated in 09) so it’s probably time to throw them out.

Training Update Week 35!

Total miles ran – 13.5
Month to date – 33.9 (Aug.) 3 (Sept.)
Year to date –228.73
Purple shoes - 183.53 <- Retired! :sail:
Blue shoes – 47.3

Planned work outs:

Monday - 3 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces
Wednesday - 1 mile @ Easy + 2 mile @ 90/30 sec @ 14:45/18:00 paces + 0.5 mile @easy
Saturday - 3 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces

Missed workouts – None! :cutie:

Things I learned this week –

13 miles is A LOT!!! I had no idea what I was signing myself up for when I made this goal! Lord, help me!

Other Updates that seem important

I think I’m feeling confident about this week so I’m not going to give an update after every run. I do feel a little hesitant, so I am going to update here if I miss a run for any reason. Thanks again for keeping me accountable. You guys really are the best. :thanks::disrocks:

Days till next race – :dumbo:28 days until the VA 10 Miler!!!
:dumbo:

Plan for week 36:

:darth:Monday
- 3.5 miles @ 15/30 sec @ 16:00/18:00 paces
Wednesday - 1 mile @ Easy + 2 mile @ 90/30 sec @ 14:45/18:00 paces + 0.5 mile @ Easy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!