Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

That's a tough shoe choice! I really like both and would probably lean toward the Blue Iris, BUT, the Guava looks to be a more unusual color than I typically see, so I sort of like it in that regard. BUT with your thought process to buy one now and the other later, I'm guessing the Blue Iris will be more popular, so might not be available in your size later, so maybe get it first and save the Guava for second.

How's that for being no help at all. :D

That's a tough shoe choice! I really like both and would probably lean toward the Blue Iris, BUT, the Guava looks to be a more unusual color than I typically see, so I sort of like it in that regard. BUT with your thought process to buy one now and the other later, I'm guessing the Blue Iris will be more popular, so might not be available in your size later, so maybe get it first and save the Guava for second.

How's that for being no help at all. :D

Well that was completely useless...
(Kidding. That's a good thought. I've gotten burned by more popular colors selling out before ... so I need to keep in mind which one I think is more likely to be available later).

--
Back to thoughts on the last race ...
I thought I was going to be able to avoid MarathonFoto prices. My pictures were okay, but none of them were "must buy". But then I went into unclaimed pictures and saw this ....
20180321_135133.png

Ugh. I hate MarathonFoto prices.

(Kidding. That's a good thought. I've gotten burned by more popular colors selling out before ... so I need to keep in mind which one I think is more likely to be available later).

--
I thought I was going to be able to avoid MarathonFoto prices. My pictures were okay, but none of them were "must buy". But then I went into unclaimed pictures and saw this ....
View attachment 310272

No question, you have to buy that. If you start a GoFundMe I will contribute, LOL.

That is such a great picture!!!

(But I also agree about the prices... ugh.)
((Also, how do you carry a water bottle with you the whole time? That's impressive!))

--
View attachment 310272

That’s a great picture! I love it!

Great pic! FWIW, Marathon Foto usually sends out discount codes a few times a year, so you might get lucky if you wait a bit. Hope it works out for you!

No question, you have to buy that. If you start a GoFundMe I will contribute, LOL.

I think I can swing the cost, I'm just not thrilled about it. Let's save the GoFundMe for the important things ... like this massive Marathon Weekend trip I'm planning in my head.

:)

That is such a great picture!!!

Thank you!

((Also, how do you carry a water bottle with you the whole time? That's impressive!))

Everyone always asks me that. I'm used to it. This is something I've been doing since I first started running. It never occurred to me not to do it, and by now I barely notice it.

YUP. You need that picture!!!!

That’s a great picture! I love it!

Thank you! :)

DUDE! You must buy that picture.

Great pic! FWIW, Marathon Foto usually sends out discount codes a few times a year, so you might get lucky if you wait a bit. Hope it works out for you!

THANK YOU!! It's been so long since I dealt with MarathonFoto that I totally forgot about discount codes. I'll have to be on the lookout for a discount code and see if I can get it on the cheap. Thanks!

One more thing about this race and then I'm done.

I did some quick math. (anticipated finish times were calculated assuming I maintained the same average min/km pace over 21.1 km)

At the 5K split -
  • Time: 36:17
  • min/km: 7:15
  • min/mi: 11:42
  • Anticipated Finish Time: 2:33:20
At the 10K split -
  • Time: 1:11:03
  • min/km: 7:06
  • min/mi: 11:28
  • Anticipated Finish Time: 2:29:55
At the 15K split -
  • Time: 1:46:02
  • min/km: 7:04
  • min/mi: 11:24
  • Anticipated Finish Time: 2:29:09
At the 20K split -
  • Time: 2:20:48
  • min/km: 7:02
  • min/mi: 11:21
  • Anticipated Finish Time: 2:28:33
Everyone said the second half of the course was harder.
I've always started faster than I finished.
*** happened at this race? Looking at these numbers, if I hadn't been there running it, I'm not sure I would believe these are my numbers. It's kinda crazy.

You ran slower than you were physically capable of. Thus you were able to speed up and still feel great while doing it. You did not hit the fatigue wall and executed your race strategy very well. That's how it happened! Enjoy it, these are the rare highs we all chase as runners!

You ran slower than you were physically capable of. Thus you were able to speed up and still feel great while doing it. You did not hit the fatigue wall and executed your race strategy very well. That's how it happened! Enjoy it, these are the rare highs we all chase as runners!

NOBODY ASKED FOR FACTS OR LOGIC!! I prefer to believe that this is some sort of strange fluke and a faster and more efficient runner temporarily inhabited my body. I can only hope that that faster and more efficient runner can come back for future races.
And I don't care about the highs, I'm just in it for the swag :)

Don't be so sure: I'm still talking about Rocket City Marathon 4 months later.

Well, that was a full marathon, this was only a half marathon, so I can only talk about it for half the amount of time.
Although that would still give me another 7+ weeks...

Joining in congrats on an amazing race. We were actually in the city that weekend visiting my sister so could totally visualize you running past the disney store as we spent a good deal of time there. I will vote for the Guava shoes just cause guava is a fun word to say. You should definitely invest in the race photo you look super strong and happy, great picture. Excited to follow along and hear about the next great race.

Joining in congrats on an amazing race. We were actually in the city that weekend visiting my sister so could totally visualize you running past the disney store as we spent a good deal of time there. I will vote for the Guava shoes just cause guava is a fun word to say. You should definitely invest in the race photo you look super strong and happy, great picture. Excited to follow along and hear about the next great race.

Thanks so much!
I totally understand spending a lot of time at the Disney Store ... that place is one of the few reasons I will go to Times Square.

Guava is a fun word to day. And if I buy the shoes in guava, if people say they like the color, then I get to say that its guava. Hmm...

Thanks for stopping by ... I'm glad to have you here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter