Running trails and gyms during reopening

FWIW, I asked about masks while running with a recreation CM yesterday. She said the policy is no masks are required when sitting at your chair/space at the pool, in the pool, or while exercising in the gyms or running paths. CM info, so take with grain of salt.

I specifically asked about the running paths - I’ve run the last few mornings and I did wear a mask as you tend to come across CMs, landscapers, etc, so it felt like the right thing to do. It was tolerable, although not that pleasant.

Other runners I have seen have not been wearing masks.

FWIW!
Thanks so much! He will be so happy to hear that! He thinks we are crazy for going to the parks is this crazy heat (in masks) but we just have to lol! He's going to be working and enjoying the pool during the day but he really has to work out or he gets cranky, so he will be glad to hear this. Hope you are having a good time!!

I thought I read that the boats between CR, FW and WL were not running for the time being. Just the one directly to the MK. So he might have to go to the MK and then catch a boat to FW if he wants to run there. WL is also a bit land locked with the construction area that closed the path to FW. You can't run to the Polynesian from WL.
Oh thanks for letting me know! He may just stick to the workout room or running around CR.

Thanks so much! He will be so happy to hear that! He thinks we are crazy for going to the parks is this crazy heat (in masks) but we just have to lol! He's going to be working and enjoying the pool during the day but he really has to work out or he gets cranky, so he will be glad to hear this. Hope you are having a good time!!

Quick update.... I asked another CM. She didn’t know so asked her manager - green light on running with no mask is the rule.

I still personally feel I should since there’s a lot of crossover traffic, but that’s a very personal decision of course and depends on the resort.

Hope that helps!

Quick update.... I asked another CM. She didn’t know so asked her manager - green light on running with no mask is the rule.

I still personally feel I should since there’s a lot of crossover traffic, but that’s a very personal decision of course and depends on the resort.

Hope that helps!
Yes that helps a lot!! Thank you. Good point about the traffic. He'll have a mask on him anyway so he can grab it if he hits traffic!

Over on the camping forum, someone who is there said they are asking everyone to wear masks while biking, walking the paths or in a golf cart. They did not say anything about running, but would assume same applies.

Just curious about some more recent experiences with running and masks. I'll be at Kidani (not much fun running here) for 2 nights and then the Beach Club for 1 night next weekend so will probably need to have a mask around the Boardwalk at the minimum. I'll plan to at least have one with me when I do encounter folks.

Just curious about some more recent experiences with running and masks. I'll be at Kidani (not much fun running here) for 2 nights and then the Beach Club for 1 night next weekend so will probably need to have a mask around the Boardwalk at the minimum. I'll plan to at least have one with me when I do encounter folks.
You might not be able to run "around" the BW with the Yacht Club closed off. You might have to do a down and back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter