Running Trails at Bay Lake Tower

cbarnes17

Earning My Ears
I read recently that they are adding a jogging trail at Bay Lake Tower. Does anyone know any details?

When I was at BLT this summer, they told me that I could take the boat over to the FW campground and that there were running trails there. I double checked with the CM at the Contemporary, figuring they'd have to have some sort of loop, but no. They told me that the one path they did have was removed to make room for BLT. So after having spent several nights at BWV with several nice runs around the Boardwalk, I resorted to running loops around the parking lot up by the convention center, down past BLT and then across to the MK bus turnaround. Would be nice if they had something planned. I didn't want to have to take a boat ride after my run!

When I was at BLT this summer, they told me that I could take the boat over to the FW campground and that there were running trails there. I double checked with the CM at the Contemporary, figuring they'd have to have some sort of loop, but no. They told me that the one path they did have was removed to make room for BLT. So after having spent several nights at BWV with several nice runs around the Boardwalk, I resorted to running loops around the parking lot up by the convention center, down past BLT and then across to the MK bus turnaround. Would be nice if they had something planned. I didn't want to have to take a boat ride after my run!

Too bad you didn't take the boat! If you hop over to VWL, the trails from there to the campground are quite nice, some paved some dirt. Then you can run around the campground which is always nice (we ususally bike ride)

I read recently that they are adding a jogging trail at Bay Lake Tower. Does anyone know any details?

I don't have any details...but hopefully someone will know (or see) something soon, as the article said it should be completed this fall....

"Other Bay Lake Tower enhancements scheduled for completion this fall include a new jogging path and fire pit."

I can't wait!!:thumbsup2

Last time I stayed at BLT was in Jan 2010 for the marathon.

We asked where we could run and were told to take the boat, also.

But I THINK it doesn't start running until after we wanted to run (early so we could do the parks).

My wife and I just ran out the front of the BLT, toward the MK and then followed the path with the bricks that you can see from the monorail as you head toward GF. It doesn't go far, but we saw a number of other runners doing the same thing.

Now the AK was another story. Nowhere to run there at all, so we did up and down of each row of the parking lots. People looked at us like were nuts (maybe we are).

Just wanted to say thanks for the info. We are going to BLT in June and although I am not much of a runner outside (prefer treadmill) my DH was asking me if there were paths or somewhere outside to run. I figured I could find out here and low and behold the answer was just waiting for me! Thanks! :)

Thank you. Maybe with the GF construction they will finish the path from the magic kingdom to the GF.
It be nice to run a loop around seven seas lagoon

Thank you. Maybe with the GF construction they will finish the path from the magic kingdom to the GF.
It be nice to run a loop around seven seas lagoon

This would be nice but I wonder if they'll consider it too costly; if I remember correctly there is a canal that needs to be crossed & building a bridge might be a deal breaker.

This would be nice but I wonder if they'll consider it too costly; if I remember correctly there is a canal that needs to be crossed & building a bridge might be a deal breaker.

Not if they sell more bricks!

Or even sell sections of whatever bridge they need - "The SMITH Family - 2013"!

It's not just building a bridge... It would have to be a drawbridge... They store the floats for the electric water parade in that canal...

We were at BLT in April. I ran to the MK and along the brick path everyone is saying--from front door of BLT to the end of that path and back is 1.6 miles, I believe. I ran that twice and around the resort twice to get in 5 miles. If you go around toward the Contemporary and past the convention center and around there is a jogging path with some signs that take you back around the Contemporary pool, I think, but it isn't very long.
Good to know about AKV--we had talked about staying there but not having a place to run would definitely hinder my stay--I don't like the treadmill.
We stayed one night at BWV in April and I ran around the Boardwalk, through the Swan/Dolphin and on the sidewalks outside the resort---and I got attacked by a bird when I was running back through the Swan/Dolphin area:scared1:.

DH and I did that loop everyone is talking about at the Contemporary too. We did eight miles that way. It was very repetitive, yes, but I figure at least it was at Disney. All the same, I will be SO glad to see a real running trail there! That's one thing we love about SSR is all the good places to run. If BLT and Contemporary have good running too, that will be just fantastic!

When we were at BLT last week I saw sign for the jogging trail but have no idea how long or where it goes except it turns down from the Contemporary towards the back of BLT by the marina.

Sorry not a runner.

This morning I got up early, and ran from the farthest point of the sidewalk in front of BLT and followed the walking path to MK all the way to the resort monorail station. I mapped it and thats 0.60 miles - so there and back is a little over 1 mile! If you just run BLT to the end of the walkway its 0.50 miles! If you get up early and do it before the park opens its a great way to start your day!

Yes, the jogging "trail" at BLT leaves a bit to be desired. I improvised and did the loop over to the MK as others have mentioned. I also actually jogged on the road from BLT down to the Wilderness and to Fort Wilderness and back. Having stayed at Wilderness, the trail is much better there. But you'd need to travel on the road from BLT, which is not something everyone wants to do. But if you don't mind lapping, you can make due at BLT/Contemporary/MK. I try not to stress too much about the running. I figure I'm on vacation!!! And if I'm there for a run (marathon or half), I'll get enough of a run at some point of the trip anyway! Happy running!

Thanks for the info, folks. Just wanted to say, for anyone who hasn't been there, the Fort Wilderness run trail is GREAT! Loved staying at the DVC WLV and running through the campground and back. Saratoga Springs was also FABULOUS.....loved coming out onto the waterside and seeing Downtown Disney across the pond, and running across the 'bridge' was fun! DID have to stop for photo op with the giant sea bird sitting on the railing 1/2 way across bridge, of course.... :good vibes Looking forward to an adventure trying to find a way around at BLT. :)

on the walkway between BLT and CR - there is a map - this is the walkway that goes behind the CR - to the first floor lobby - not in front.

this map has the only jogging path on it that I have seem so far.

that say would definitely go take the boat to FW - most of their jogging paths are in the shade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter