Runs on Starbucks

Hi Lynae! I'm excited to follow along with your journey. The going slower thing is definitely tough - I'm struggling with it too!

Sorry to hear you've been sick ... that's definitely one of the dangers of a public-facing job. I hope you're starting to feel better and can be back to 100% soon!

Also ... I'm a big Starbucks drinker, and I always love the employees there because they're (usually) so friendly, so I'm glad to see that the company treats you well and you enjoy working there - that makes me feel a little better about all the money I spend at Starbucks!

Still sick
I’ve decided since I’m still sick and there is no end in sight, that since I’m not registered for that marathon yet, I’ll just sign up for a different one a couple weeks further out.

@ZellyB @SarahDisney
I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one having difficulties adjusting.

Another amazing thing about Starbucks is that they do fitness reimbursement, so they’ll pay up to $240 a year in race fees. Guess who forgot about that until today? That’s like half of Dopey right there.

Also, on brighter news, I had an interview for a promotion earlier this week, and I got it. I am very excited, I truly love my job and I can’t wait to start my new position.

Another amazing thing about Starbucks is that they do fitness reimbursement, so they’ll pay up to $240 a year in race fees. Guess who forgot about that until today? That’s like half of Dopey right there
What?! That is so awesome!! Like @SarahDisney said, I am glad Starbucks is as great as I think it is. :)

Also, on brighter news, I had an interview for a promotion earlier this week, and I got it. I am very excited, I truly love my job and I can’t wait to start my new position.
Yay!!! Congratulations!!

(I hope you feel better really soon!)

I’ve decided since I’m still sick and there is no end in sight, that since I’m not registered for that marathon yet, I’ll just sign up for a different one a couple weeks further out.

If it's because of the time between now and then, no need to change goal marathons. Plenty of time between now and June to get in a full training cycle even with this sickness. Feel better soon!

Joining in - and hoping you feel better! The germs this year are just awful - and they like the longer.

BFE84948-3147-40B9-8D68-8234914273B2.jpeg

GUESS WHO’S BACK?!????

I’m finally feeling like myself again. Friday was the first day I woke up not feeling like I was choking, and it’s been better a little each day since then.
Since I decided to go for a different marathon, my training doesn’t officially start until next Monday. So I’m planning on running 2 miles a day (except Sunday) until then to slowly get back into the swing of things.

Good God I’ve missed running. It felt great to be back at it.

View attachment 303396

GUESS WHO’S BACK?!????

I’m finally feeling like myself again. Friday was the first day I woke up not feeling like I was choking, and it’s been better a little each day since then.
Since I decided to go for a different marathon, my training doesn’t officially start until next Monday. So I’m planning on running 2 miles a day (except Sunday) until then to slowly get back into the swing of things.

Good God I’ve missed running. It felt great to be back at it.

Hooray! Welcome back!

F2B04D3F-E09B-4399-9133-DE65F27CCA72.jpeg

Since I’m still not on the plan, I decided to a little bit of speed work today. One mile just running, at 9:44 and my second with intervals at 12:40.

Flapjack, pictured above, is tired after the run. (He also chased after a squirrel mid interval and almost made me fall, which is why he only joins me on my shorter runs.) My baby.

Today, I ran at night, which is unusual for me for a few reasons. Typically, I do fasted runs if they’re on the shorter side. I usually open, which I did today and do tomorrow, so hopefully it will help me rest.
Anyways, I did a “magic mile” (is magic mile 100%? It was probably 75-80%. I should probably read up on that) at 8:47 which I just honestly haven’t seen since I was in high school. I know that’s some of yalls easy pace but I’m pretty happy with it.
And then I did some speed work bc I’m a sucker for pain. Or I honestly just love running fast. Enjoying my week before the plan starts.
Must take it easy tomorrow. Plus, it’s national tequila day. Sooo it might be a necessity.

Today, I ran at night, which is unusual for me for a few reasons. Typically, I do fasted runs if they’re on the shorter side. I usually open, which I did today and do tomorrow, so hopefully it will help me rest.
Anyways, I did a “magic mile” (is magic mile 100%? It was probably 75-80%. I should probably read up on that) at 8:47 which I just honestly haven’t seen since I was in high school. I know that’s some of yalls easy pace but I’m pretty happy with it.
And then I did some speed work bc I’m a sucker for pain. Or I honestly just love running fast. Enjoying my week before the plan starts.
Must take it easy tomorrow. Plus, it’s national tequila day. Sooo it might be a necessity.

Sounds about right. Per Galloway, an 8:47 MM would be a 11:25 marathon (4:59 marathon). So if it was 75-80% effort, then how long do you reasonably believe you could have held the 8:47 pace?

Sounds about right. Per Galloway, an 8:47 MM would be a 11:25 marathon (4:59 marathon). So if it was 75-80% effort, then how long do you reasonably believe you could have held the 8:47 pace?
That sub 5 marathon will taunt me.
Anyways.
Maybe 4-6 miles.
My DM also challenged all his employees on who could beat him in a 5k and he’s talking mad shhh about it. So I’d love to beat him. And he only ran a 25ish one last year.

4-6 miles at 8:47 would certainly be a dramatic difference from what we've got you at. Only emphasizes to me again that you should do a short race sometime soon (5k or 10k) at full effort to really better assess your current fitness. Because that 8:47 for ~5 miles is about 2 min/mile faster than what your current paces would suggest. More like these:

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 10.57.15 AM.png

Now of course, I won't schedule these paces until you justify that you can actually run 8:47 for 4-6 miles. So that's why I think it would be a really good idea to do a 5k/10k sometime soon before the meat of marathon training starts. What's the new marathon date?

4-6 miles at 8:47 would certainly be a dramatic difference from what we've got you at. Only emphasizes to me again that you should do a short race sometime soon (5k or 10k) at full effort to really better assess your current fitness. Because that 8:47 for ~5 miles is about 2 min/mile faster than what your current paces would suggest. More like these:

View attachment 303973

Now of course, I won't schedule these paces until you justify that you can actually run 8:47 for 4-6 miles. So that's why I think it would be a really good idea to do a 5k/10k sometime soon before the meat of marathon training starts. What's the new marathon date?

Yikes. Okay, I can plan on running a 5k on Sunday? Or 5k distance not a “race”
It’s not until July 12th, so I have some time.

Either an actual race or a time trial will work. Include a WU of about 1-2 miles and some strides in the last WU mile. Just make sure to take it easy for a few days after.

9C97B093-76DA-4132-A809-61BAEE471ACD.jpeg CE1AABE2-2367-4EB6-AA83-756A65C2BB44.jpeg
I’m gonna be real for a minute.

I have now run three days in a row. But I have also had a trigeminal neuralgia attack 3 days in a row. I stopped running because I’ve been having more and more of them.

Let me describe them to you. It feels like you are being injected with acid, while simultaneously being electrocuted, while being stabbed, for anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes.

But I honestly don’t know what hurts worse. Having an attack or not being able to run.

End rant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!